SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Contractions?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Contractions?

Greetings brothers and sisters in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ! (sounds like the opening of an epistle.)

I wanted to write and simply share something wonderful the Lord did in our midst a few nights ago.
This past Friday evening, May 21st, we had something incredible happen. We were having a service that began as just a men's meeting with a former professional baseball player turned evangelist as the speaker. (as many of you, I was not impressed) Our pastor then asked me, the youth pastor, to invite the other youth groups from our section to attend this meeting as well. We ended up with a rather large group for our church. (around 200 I'd guess)
The worship was great and the speaking did not impress me much. This could have to do with the use of profanity and references to beer commercials which were included in the sermon. (sarcasm laid on heavily here)
Needless to say after this instance my spirit kind of shut down and any anticipation I had for what God was going to do was lost. But after the speaker had left, the crowd stayed and continued to worship. About 15 minutes went by when a brother gave out a message in tongues. The interpretation was a prophetic call to repentance. A wave of the presence of God swept through the place as the church ran to altars of God to rend their hearts. Many who were laughing and goofing off during the service were now laid out on the floor, weeping in repentance. One young woman after being confronted with a direct question concerning her salvation collapsed to the floor with a gasp and there wept her way to repentance. The scene was repeated all over the house. This wave lasted for, I'd guess, and hour and a half. The Lord spoke to me that our churh is pregnant with Revival, and I know that Friday night we did not see the baby, but we felt a contraction.
Burning,
Jeff

2004/5/26 11:34Profile
rocklife

usa

Re: Contractions?

Use of profanity in a church sermon?

2004/5/26 13:53Profile
dougkristen

Re: Contractions?

Quote:
The Lord spoke to me that our churh is pregnant with Revival, and I know that Friday night we did not see the baby, but we felt a contraction.

What we need to be careful is not to have any "spiritual abortions" either... Again, I have known many "repentant" Christians walking in sin... including myself until I truly understood the meaning of repentance and forsaking of sin.

Grace,
Doug

2004/5/26 14:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy