SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thanksgiving next week, please look

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Thanksgiving next week, please look

I pray this word would spur us on to acts of love in Christs name. The babylon that we live in would have us forget the reality of these things. I pray you do not harden your heart against this word that I also posted last Easter (I did not write it)

In Christ - Jim

As American Christians around this nation sit at ease in Zion, napping upon their comfortable couches and beds of ivory, unconcerned about the evil day ahead, I cannot help but to think of the words of the Lord Jesus: "But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Woe unto you that are full for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep."

As fat, increased-with-goods-and-have-need-of-nothing Americans, enjoy the company and fellowship of fat rich Wendy, Ronald, and Sanders (above), much of the rest of the church around the world must fellowship with the bitter companions of sorrow, persecution, poverty and hunger. Did you think even once during your "Thanksgiving" about this pastor behind bars for his faith:

Or, as you were feasting, did you not have time to even think of this poor and persecuted brother in Vietnam who was tortured for his faith:

Or, as you were laughing with your friends and family, eating as much as you possibly could without getting sick, did you totally forget about these precious little ones in Africa:

Did you forget? Or did you wilfully try to push these facts out of your mind because they ruin your good time of laughing, being rich, and being full???

Sad to say, but rather than mourning, weeping, selling our possesions to give to the poor, and loving our neighbors as ourselves by using our unrighteous mammon to bless others, we would rather store up treasures on earth, sit in luxory in our big fancy houses that'll take 30 years to pay off (even though much of the world doesn't even know where their next meal is coming from, let alone their meals 30 years from now), and stuff our faces until we pass out like fat lazy gluttons and totally ignore all the needs of the world around us, like these precious children:

The Lord Jesus continues:"Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.""But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Woe unto you that are full for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep." The world around us cries out for HELP!!! Many have never even heard the Gospel!!! But rather than obeying Jesus to GO, feed the hungry, visit the sick and those in prison, clothe the naked, and preach the Gospel, most Christians would rather make excuses such as "that's not my calling" while the world perishes in its plea for help!

American Christians no longer FAST, instead they only FEAST. They no longer mourn, they only laugh. They no longer give, they only take. They no longer follow Christ, they follow THE WORLD. Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.This is the relationship between many American "Christians" and the starving world around them:

O RICH AMERICAN CHRISTIAN! LAZARUS IS LYING ON YOUR STEP AND BEGGING FOR CRUMBS!!! 1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

America is fattening herself in her prosperity and gluttony to prepare herself for the day of slaughter:James 5:5 - You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. (NIV)Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands. Isa 5:13 Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honorable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. Isa 5:15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled: Isa 5:16 But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.Isa 14:9 “ Hell from beneath is excited about you, To meet you at your coming; It stirs up the dead for you, All the chief ones of the earth; It has raised up from their thrones All the kings of the nations.Isa 14:10 They all shall speak and say to you: ‘ Have you also become as weak as we? Have you become like us? Isa 14:11 Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, And the sound of your stringed instruments; The maggot is spread under you, And worms cover you.’

And the sad thing is, instead of examining yourself and repenting for your gluttony and treasure-building, chances are you are angry at this rebuke and are thinking of a response to reply against what I'm saying to try and justify your self-indulgence!!! Luk 10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor? To those of you who do fast, who do mourn, who do weep, who do sell your possesions and feed the poor, who do forsake all to follow Jesus, who do take the Gospel to the lost world around, GOD BLESS YOU! Continue to do it and never forget that God has all the images in this post, and millions more, in His memory forever. Your reward will not slumber.But to the rest, who do not fast, who do not mourn, who do not weep, who lay up treasures on earth, who neglect the poor, and refuse to take the Gospel to the lost: your damnation does not slumber! Hell from beneath thy feet is moved to meet thee at thy coming! It yawns its mouth open wide, eager to receive you. REPENT AND OBEY THE CLEAR COMMANDS OF JESUS! Read Matthew 25.Am I saying that it is sin to eat a Thanksgiving feast? No. But, is it sin to disobey the clear commands of Scripture? Absolutely. Therefore, if you must feast, be sure you do not forget to fast - and help your neighbors who are in need. That is my point. Let's forsake this american "gospel" that loves to be rich, fat and prosperous and embrace the Kingdom Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ as laid down in the New Testament. THAT is what I am saying.

~Josef Urban

2007/11/15 12:55
ServeHim

Re: Thanksgiving next week, please look

I'm surprised no one has commented on this. It is a terrible thing that we often overlook this dilemma as American Christianity *churchianity takes over the facade that masquerades as the Lord's Bride. Completely ridiculous.

2007/11/19 20:13Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I think I've seen this somewhere before. It's definitely something to think about.

2007/11/20 9:55Profile

Re:

Give Thanks To Jesus Christ in all circumstances.

2007/11/20 10:05

Re:

Acts 20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

2007/11/20 10:54
Isaiah64

Re: Thanksgiving next week, please look

What a great tract! Thanks for sharing this, brother. Very convicting...may the Lord use this to awaken many in the sleeping "church" of America.

2007/11/21 13:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy