SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgementalism will eventually KILL this forum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The things that people used to believe in are staggering. I remember when people used to believe that if you drank Tea or Coffee, your salvation was to be questioned. A woman who cut her hair had a Jezebel spirit. These are taboo's and superstitions, one translation translates superstitions as doctrine of devils.

I do know what your saying Krispy about truths and untruths. However, people will only believe what they have been taught. It only takes a severe thrashing of the holy Spirit to knock these things out of us to realize the actual truths of God's word. Basically one would have to leave their present organization and go back to square roots of Christianity with bible in hand and the Holy Spirit to lead. Otherwise all we will always have here on this site is the flesh(obeying the letter of the word) warring against the Spirit(obeying the quickened Word)

2007/11/15 12:39

Re:

Quote:
However, people will only believe what they have been taught. It only takes a severe thrashing of the holy Spirit to knock these things out of us to realize the actual truths of God's word. Basically one would have to leave their present organization and go back to square roots of Christianity with bible in hand and the Holy Spirit to lead.

Someone inquired of me on this thread earlier about how and why the Lord led my wife and I out of the WOF movement. Compliments, you just said it right there. We abandoned the institution in favor of reading the Word and following the quickening of the Holy Spirit. It's as simple as that.

I stopped reading every book the christian peddler stores had... and read the Bible. The only other book I used was a Matthew Henry commentary... which I still utilize on a daily basis.

God is truth, and every man a liar.

There is definately a place in the church for teachers. Scripture tells us this. But it also tells us that in the last days men will "heap upon" themselves teachers... and will be led astray. No time in history has this ever been true like it is today.

I think that if someone was totally ignorant of Christianity, and western Christian "pop-culture", and simply picked up a Bible and read it cover to cover... and applied it to their life... they probably wouldnt look or act anything like most Christians I know, myself included.

Krispy

2007/11/15 13:12
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Stay strong.

A wise man once told me that if everyone agrees with everything you do, your doing something wrong.

The ways fo the world even affect us who long to be away from the world.

Let me suggest Psalm 6 for you. The group "Sons of Korah" sing this Psalm beautifully. I turn to this Psalm when I feel like David, and the world is against me. This will be in NIV wording for you, since I know that it is your favorite :-)

[u][b]Psalm 6 (NIV)[/b][/u]

[i]O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave?

I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.[/i]

This is not intended to call anyone here your enemy. The enemy is of and by the world.

Your brother in Christ,

Chirstiaan

2007/11/15 13:18Profile
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Re:

Krispy,

I have observed these threads for a long time before I started posting, and you have been an encouragement to me many a time regardless of if I was involved in the thread.

I rarely find these threads edifying, and get very frustrated at the lack of fellowship, encouragement, or edification when there are so many arguments, doctrinal debates, and judgmental comments. Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading the forums because they bring me down more than they build me up. What a shame when you think about what this site is intended for...

But then there are some exceptions; folks who have a heart for God and his pure word, and are blessed to share only what the word says without pretending to be someone else.

Bless you brother for being so open and forthcoming about who you are and what you believe.

Matthew 11: 18-19 says: For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

You can only be who God made you to be and walk in the calling to which He has called you. People can draw their conclusions about you based on the mote that they believe is in your eye (even if it never was there) or they can judge you in the way that the word of God show us to: by your fruit! God bless you and keep you brother!

Jude 24:25
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

2007/11/15 13:27Profile

Re:

Krispy, I am going to be honest with you and I said earlier when I went on this board that I was going to speak out more which is something I do not often do all the time like I should. So far I even had one person on this board call me a man I guess because I don't roll over and play dead anymore, who knows.

Anyhow there are health risks in smoking and your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. You were bought with a price and you are therefore to glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's.

Here are some health facts you should know:

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/cigarspipesandsmokeless/f/CigarHlthRisks.htm

2007/11/15 13:27
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi glorytoglory...

Quote:
So far I even had one person on this board call me a man I guess because I don't roll over and play dead anymore, who knows.

Please understand that I didn't call you a "man" as an insult. I simply have a habit of referring to everyone as a "brother" and, on occassion, I have accidentally referred to some women as "brothers" and some men as "sisters." I apologize. I didn't comprehend that you would become so offended by it, but please don't mistake this "slip of the tongue" as anything more than a mere accident.

Once more, I offer you my sincere apologies.

:-(

2007/11/15 13:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
Anyhow there are health risks in smoking and your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. You were bought with a price and you are therefore to glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's.

I appreciate your concern, sister. In case you were unaware, I am a fitness fanatic and well aware of the health risks. Not to dismiss you (cuz I'm not), but wood smoke from a camp fire is more hazerdous to my health than a couple cigars in one year. We burn wood in our house, and I camp quite often.

But anyway, I do appreciate your response.

The issue at hand is not whether I smoke a cigar or not... it's man's rules added to the gospel. It's like debating the Civil War. Most immediately bring up slavery. While that was the topic around which the issues swirled, the Civil War was NOT about slavery. See what I mean?

Krispy

2007/11/15 13:37

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:

Please understand that I didn't call you a "man" as an insult. I simply have a habit of referring to everyone as a "brother"
:-(

Ive never heard of calling a woman brother but if you say so sister LOL! just kidding ;-)

I accept your apologies but I do not think it wise of you to call a woman brother anymore than I think a woman should call a man sister.

Didn't you see my avatar top lefthand corner?

Are you saying you call everyone brother and you don't pay attention to avatars???:-(

2007/11/15 13:45
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Sister glorytoglory...

Quote:
Ive never heard of calling a woman brother but if you say so sister LOL! just kidding

I accept your apologies but I do not think it wise of you to call a woman brother anymore than I think a woman should call a man sister.

Are you saying you call everyone brother and you don't pay attention to avatars???

No, I didn't notice your avatar. I don't tend to look at the avatars at all; I usually look at the name. Since you haven't included a name, I reverted to my habit of referring to individuals as "brothers."

And no, I am not saying that I call [u]everyone[/u] brother. I usually respond generally to names, but that can be confusing too. I have wrongly attributed genders to certain names in the past too.

I wouldn't try to "read between the lines" and come to a conclusion that just doesn't exist, though. It was a simple mistake on my part, and I apologize for referring to you as a "brother" instead of a "sister." I think that we can safely say, however, that we are all part of the "brethren."

:-)

2007/11/15 13:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Sister glorytoglory...
Quote:
Ive never heard of calling a woman brother but if you say so sister LOL! just kidding

Are you saying you call everyone brother and you don't pay attention to avatars???

No, I didn't notice your avatar. I don't tend to look at the avatars at all; I usually look at the name. Since you haven't included a name, I reverted to my habit of referring to individuals as "brothers."

And no, I am not saying that I call [u]everyone[/u] brother. I usually respond generally to names, but that can be confusing too. I have wrongly attributed genders to certain names in the past too.

I wouldn't try to "read between the lines" and come to a conclusion that just doesn't exist, though. It was a simple mistake on my part, and I apologize for referring to you as a "brother" instead of a "sister." I think that we can safely say, however, that we are all part of the "brethren."

:-)

Apology accepted brother! :-)

2007/11/15 13:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy