SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : If you haven't introduced yourself WHY not! :)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
elias

cumberland,Virginia

Re: If you haven't introduced yourself WHY not! :)

Hello,
My name is Caleb Green. I am 14 and live in Cumberland,Virginia. I have been "drifting along for most of my christian life but have recently begun to get up early and try to "dig deeper".

P.S. Does anyone know of any good books that I could read to help me grow with the father?

2004/7/13 15:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
drifting along for most of my christian life but have recently begun to get up early and try to "dig deeper".

Brother Caleb welcome to SermonIndex you have definetly come to the right place to dig deeper with God, I encourage you to listen to some audio teachings and sermons on this site here are a few recommendations that are sure to change your life:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=235]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4230]Sermon On The Mount (video)[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903]Revival Hymn (Compilation)[/url]

two books I would recommend that you search out and purchase are:
Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee
Power Through Prayer by E.M. Bounds

God bless you as you seek him with all your heart, strength, soul and mind.

2004/7/13 16:06Profile
elias

cumberland,Virginia

Re:

Thanks for responding Sermonindex

My father has "Normal christian life" and has downloaded from this site "Revival hymn" and "Ten shekels and a shirt". I have heard the two messages and I will read the book.
Thank you

2004/7/13 16:23Profile
arielle

usa

Re: hi

hi caleb!

my name's arielle...i'm 14 also. some books that i am into right now are 'My Utmost for His Highest' by Oswald Chambers...it's a devotional....short, simple, and deep. another is, 'The Calling' by Brother Andrew. and, honestly...i'm challenged right now to just read His word...dig deeper into Jesus.

the books and sermons that sermonindex (Greg) has mentioned are also awesome.

anyways, just wanted to say hey...keep the fire burning for Christ

~arielle

2004/7/14 6:49Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Paul!
A warm welcome to you.

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us.

Quote:
I live in a very tiny country most of you'll probably won't know: Holland / The Netherlands.

Wonderful! There are members here from all over the world, think there would be quite a few familiar with your location.
Quote:
There are 2 striking descriptions of the Church in my country:

1. "I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive but you are dead. WAKE UP!" (Revelation 3:1-2)

2. "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Revelation 3:15-16)

This country (and I think that the USA isn't much different anymore) is jumping up and down, shouting that the Lord is in its midst. It reminds me of 1 Samuel 4 where Israel takes the ark within the camp, but God isn't there.

Sorry to hear that but it brought to mind something I had been thinking about recently, that 'we' Americans tend to forget that there is a whole world out there that have much of the same problems. If anything we should be the most repentant being that we have let the spirit of this world creep into the church to the extent that it has and with so many looking to us as an example.

Quote:
Thanks to God, I now know Him personally. I don't know Him enough however. I just got to know Him better and better and better, because He's worth it! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him" (1 Corinthians 2:9). God is just so real.

Think you will find yourself right at home here...
Quote:
When I was searching the web for Biblestudies and sermons I found this site. I don't care if these guys are all dead and buried (although they are more alive than we are right now!), but they knew God and spoke about Him radically!

Amen! Thankfully these messages have been preserved and are now once again being preached all over again, just for a time as this...

2004/7/14 10:56Profile
Norgey

Re:Zimbabwe

My wife and I were missionaries in Zimbabwe from April, 1963 to December, 1967. Our two boys were born there.
We served at the Biriiri Mission south of Umtali, now another name.
We truly loved the people we came to know there. We found some very sincere Christians. We taught in a teacher training school and secondary school. Most of the students were a joy to work with--somewhat like here in the U.S.A. The students there, however, seemed to have more of a world view which we appreciated. God was good to us in letting us serve Him there.

2004/7/21 12:37Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Zim

Hello Norgey

Well. The good news is that there are far more churches in Zimbabwe now because of the selflessness of individuals like you…the bad news is that most of them are sleeping. We, like America, need revival. The “sins which so easily beset” Zimbabweans are somewhat different in nature, but sin is sin and that there is no light at all; if we walk in darkness we have no fellowship with the father of lights.

I have actually never been to the part of Zimbabwe you speak of, and I do not understand their dialect. You may be interested to know however that the tribal patriotism has died down and the country, for the most part, is in union. As far as politics…well, politics is politics- is there ever any “good” politics to report?

Thank your for your post

In Christ

James

2004/7/21 13:53Profile
shazbot

USA

Re:

Adhering to the original intent of this thread, I will now introduce myself.

I have been lurking about on this site for about six months now, posting occasionally, especially with regards to philosophical/theological debates. I am younger than most of you. My interests, besides Christianity in general and these forums in particular, are mainly in the area of composing music, playing video games, and computer programming.

My musical interests mainly lie in electronic music, which I compose with a variety of computer programs, synthesizers, keyboards, and drum machines. My goal is to use this music to reach those in the clubbing/rave scene. This audience is largely ignored by all the churches in my area, and, in my personal experience, everywhere else, also. The culture glorifies drug use, sexual immorality, and all sorts of other destructive behaviours. My goal is to project a positive influence into the culture; they need to see that God is more fun than the lifestyle they lead. Personally, though, my music is also one of the ways in which I worship God. I know that whenever I am playing, He is listening.

There is also a video game organization I belong to-- ToJ (Tribe of Judah; www.toj.cc). Online video gamers often form online "clans", or groups of people who all play one game, often on the same team. ToJ is a Christian clan which gives people the opportunity to play many popular games in a positive environment. It also gives Christianity a voice among another largely unreached audience. Many gaming geeks rarely leave their houses, except for work. ToJ allows us to reach them in their houses.

I found this site by word of mouth. A friend of mine told me to listen to Ten Shekels, and I did. I liked it so much, I set the whole thing to music, burned some CDs, and distributed it to friends.

2004/7/21 17:08Profile
clairyoungii

Iowa

Re:

Hello.

My name is Rob Young. I live in Clarence, Iowa, USA with my wife Hannah. We have been married what will be 6 years on Sept. 5th. I have nearly completed my Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, and have recently started a lay christian counseling program. Once I get my degree I will be working to get liscence to lend a little more legitimacy to my practice. Until then, I am (God willing) working with Christians who seek counseling, but don't really need to see a psychiatrist. My main focus is on couples and families.

I enjoy hunting, camping, fishing, gardening, and am a volunteer firefighter. My wife and I attend Catholic Church. She grew up Catholic, and I grew up Independent Baptist. I however have come to believe that the truth lays in the teachings of the Catholic & Eastern Orthodox Churches. I attended a Old Calendar Orhtodox Church for a while before we moved to far away to make it feasible to drive.

I get the feeling a lot of you may be protestant, or independents. I hope we can have meaningful conversations regardless of our particular affiliations. I have been on other sites where just being Catholic/Orthodox will get you flamed out of the site in not time.

In Christ

2004/8/24 15:00Profile
grasshopper

Toronto, Canada

Re: If you haven't introduced yourself WHY not! :)

Hello everyone, my name is Dave and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm new to this website but have already reaped of the wisdom contained here. I came to Jesus in 1990 after growing up in a dead church preaching dead messages. I am 46 yrs old, married with 2 boys (5yrs & 8yrs).I have been to the mountaintop but am currently clawing my way out of the desert. I am fasinated by moves of God in the past and encouraged by moves of God in the present. I look forward to my time here.
Grasshopper

2004/9/6 1:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy