SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : OmniPresent Granite: Do not leave the ROCK of all Ages!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HIServant

OmniPresent Granite: Do not leave the ROCK of all Ages!

Devotional: How often do you work at getting one of the many plates which are spinning in your life…to continue on without you touching it as often…or ever again? How often does your life resemble a surface where – like a tent – you’re just trying to lock down one corner and move onto the next….in the midst of Life’s chaotic tornadoes? I am learning that when we move to the edge of Life’s expanse and always try to “nail something down” with a relentless drive…then we wind up missing HIS peace all together. Yet as we read in HIS word…Eph 6:13 “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”; so move to the center and look up! With the whole armor of GOD upon you, gaze firmly and steadfastly into HIS eyes and forsake every distraction around. With this being your new, relentless drive….soon HIS overwhelming peace will be yours without doubt. How do I know? Because a simple yet determined, unwavering focus on the Master’s face will eliminate the distractions of this world which plague your peripheral vision. At the height of such attention on CHRIST, you can firmly stand in midair – in the midst of any storm…upon the ROCK of AGES!

Omnipresent Granite

The storm center calm – resembles a sheet
which – though spinning aloft in midair – “standeth still”.
Yes, though each corner turns without slowing down
yet the middle remains – statuesque -- by HIS will.

Therefore, these inscriptions shed light on those pathways
where the one square I see is “the range” HE assembles.
Though other squares swirl ahead and around me,
yet by HIS commandment none cause me to tremble.

Envisioning Heaven thus focused upon HIM…
so -- captured – my vision cannot be distracted!
No waves or storm tempests nor even Hell’s host
can disrupt Glory’s calm when self remains passive.

Yes, without such fear and without its emotion…
so I stand – lacking Wayward’s attention elsewhere.
Yes, absent of Doubt and the weakness it brings…
so I stand on the Rock of my GOD…in mid-air!

As HIS servant in your service,
W.V.W. Jasnoch
11/14/07

2007/11/14 18:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy