SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : All Men Are Born Evil. (Paul Washer)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

All Men Are Born Evil. (Paul Washer)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mEOqxibhCxU

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
(Gen 6:5)

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
(Isa 64:6)

Paul Washer teaching about total depravity.

2007/11/13 1:43
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: All Men Are Born Evil. (Paul Washer)

I really like this one!
all are born wicked. You can't teach a child to do wrong, this was the talk this week at my house as we had some children over, why they do what they do, Very good. Thanks Brother

Do pray for brother Pauls health,

in Christ

2007/11/13 15:49Profile
rookie

Re:

Everything was good in everything Washer said until he added a particular illustration...

He correctly followed the flow of Scripture teaching of the condition of men. He sighted God's words...

Gen. 8:21 And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma. Then the LORD said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

After stating this verse, Washer then gave an illustration of an 18 month old baby and it's behavior to have it's father's watch. This is where Washer added his own thoughts to the Scripture he stated above...

One must be careful not to paint a picture which leads people away from what Scripture says.

As a side thought, in the 1000 year reign of Christ, when Satan is taken out of action for those thousand years, Scripture teaches that life is reversed from what we now experience. What is different from the children born in the flesh then from the children born in the flesh now?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/13 20:13Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
As a side thought, in the 1000 year reign of Christ, when Satan is taken out of action for those thousand years, Scripture teaches that life is reversed from what we now experience. What is different from the children born in the flesh then from the children born in the flesh now?

Maybe it's not a literal 1000 years.

2007/11/13 21:16Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:

I only believe what Scripture says....

But the question still remains, what is the difference between those who are born of the flesh during the 1000 year reign of Christ and us who are not?

Prophesy is useful in this day for our understanding... of the nature of man and the consequence of the fall.

In Christ
jeff

2007/11/14 0:54Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

1000 yrs and after...

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose BLood we are Saved.AMEN.

bro Jeff you asked:

Quote:
But the question still remains, what is the difference between those who are born of the flesh during the 1000 year reign of Christ and us who are not?

there is no difference, those children are born with the same bent toward sin as we were. Note that the only people over whom the second death has no power absolutely are those who reign with Christ in that period, that is the ones who died for Him and took not the mark of the beast nor worshipped the image thereof in the tribulation. Now that the second death has no power over these ones means that they are sealed eternally. But those who are ruled over aren't part of the 1st resurrection and so these have to work out their salvation with fear and trembling as we do. That the enemy is bound 1000 yrs unable to influence men and then returns to do this:

Rev 20;

[b][color=0000FF] 7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. [/color][/b]

that right there proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the wretchedness of man in that even in spite of the enemy being bound and unable to tempt or lure men, even with Jesus Ruling, men will yet follow after the wickedness of their own hearts...if that don't spell out the wicked bent in our hearts, i'm not sure what would.

it is important to note that as Christ Rules with a Rod of Iron, we ought to know that this is Rule by Force because there will be resistance which culminates in Gog and Magog pt 2 when he is released.

bro RL said:

Quote:

we could also say maybe Christ really didn't die on the cross...i believe the word is plain on both these points.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/14 15:56Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

Aside from the lengthening of life, the spiritual constitution of those born in the millennial reign of Christ will still be that of one born in Adam. Satan being locked up won't end sin, only the removal of the sinfulness of the sinner will end sin.

2007/11/14 16:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Yes we are born naked in this life. According to Scripture we now have exposure and therefore knowledge of good and knowledge of evil. And yes, there comes a time in our youth where sin has condemned us. We are enemies of God. As we continue on in life, our hearts harden in contempt for other men and God. The longer one lives without repenting the more likely one is to reject God. There comes a time where God turns us over to our carnal senses. The only influence left to man is Satan.

So according to Scripture we are either the Seed of the woman or the seed of Satan. Our lives are either transformed into the image of His Son or the image of Lucifer.

We often speak of the human condition as a bent toward sin. But Scripture points to the fact that the spiritual world is the source of the bending. We have both the Spirit of God and the spirit of Satan as the source for bending. God's righteousness is expressed in the image of His Son by the power of the Holy Spirit. All who turn towards Him are given life. Likewise Satan also seeks to devour all those who reject God and turn toward their own destruction.

So in the 1000 year reign of Christ, with Satan's influence removed what occurs? We see in the following Scripture that man still has the choice to follow Christ or not. We also see that the nature of life, the corruption of life that we know in this generation begins to fade...

Isaiah 65
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.
20 “No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD,
And their offspring with them.
24 “It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the LORD.
1 Thus says the LORD:
“Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
2 For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the LORD.
“But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.

Zech. 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

It just seems that few ever go deeper into this area of the nature of the fall and the [u][i][b]influence[/b][/i][/u] of the spiritual world on man....

Why?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/15 3:04Profile
rookie

Re:

What does Paul Washer teach about the influence of Satan in man?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/16 4:53Profile
AuthorOfLife

Re: All Men Are Born Evil. (Paul Washer)

Just adding another source: St. Augustine in The Confessions wrote about how sinful even babies are.

2007/11/16 6:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy