SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Many things to say.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Many things to say.

"I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him."

- John chapter 8 verse 26

It seems to me, that having truth is not a license to speak.

2007/11/13 1:39Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Many things to say.

Quote: 'It seems to me ...'

You have said it, it seems to you.

God bless.

2007/11/13 1:43Profile
roadsign

Re: Free to speak?

Quote:
having truth is not a license to speak.

So true!!! This is a hard truth to accept, we who live in the land of free rights and freedom of speech. It insults our sense of autonomy. But, oh, how much damage has been done when truth, yes, even truth has been spoken outside of God’s authority and not in sinc with the Spirit.

In God’s kingdom, among our freedoms we do not find the freedom to speak when we want or when it suits OUR rational. In God’s kingdom we are loosed from the enslavement of self so that we are free to submit to God - entirely. That includes our speech.

A good example is Nathan – who approached King David about the truth of his sin a year (!) later. Because the event happened in harmony with the inner work of the Spirit, it brought about pure and deep repentance, barred from all defences and excuses.

Diane

2007/11/13 7:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Diane,

I appreciate what you shared, especially the example of Nathan and David and the timing of it.

From what I can tell the scripture has so much to say on this subject and I feel like I have been chastened very much because of this in my own life.

I was listening to a reading of the Psalms this morning, and a portion of Psalm 39 stood out to me, and this part of verse 2 where David says

[i]I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good...[/i]

Chris

2007/11/13 18:35Profile
HIServant

Re:

Amen. I am also reminded of "even a fool when he remains silent is deemed wise". "A word in season"...ergo, Truth shared in GOD's appointed season and perfect timing brings about the end result HE intends. Would that I would learn to more SILENTLY minister to those I have "rule" or authority over instead of telling them HIS truth with my spin on IT...and in my timing!

Quote:

roadsign wrote:

Quote:
having truth is not a license to speak.

So true!!! This is a hard truth to accept, we who live in the land of free rights and freedom of speech. It insults our sense of autonomy. But, oh, how much damage has been done when truth, yes, even truth has been spoken outside of God’s authority and not in sinc with the Spirit.

In God’s kingdom, among our freedoms we do not find the freedom to speak when we want or when it suits OUR rational. In God’s kingdom we are loosed from the enslavement of self so that we are free to submit to God - entirely. That includes our speech.

A good example is Nathan – who approached King David about the truth of his sin a year (!) later. Because the event happened in harmony with the inner work of the Spirit, it brought about pure and deep repentance, barred from all defences and excuses.

Diane

2007/11/13 20:11Profile
eltrento

Re: Many things to say.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, SLOW TO SPEAK, slow to wrath:

Less really is more, and actions do speak louder than words.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Live the truth and it will speak for itself.

2007/11/13 20:21Profile

Re:

Psalm 39:3
My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

2007/11/13 20:27
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"A word in season"

2007/11/14 4:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy