John Hagee's Denial of Jesus as the Christ and Warmongering
October 23, 2007
John Hagee is Pastor and CEO of Cornerstone Stone Church in San Antonio Texas and Founder of the Christians United For Israel - CUFI, an organization that seeks Christian support for the Israel. His programs air around the world on TBN TV and other Christian Media Outlets. He is therefore a very high profile figure in the Evangelical Circles in America and around the world.
Blasphemy and heresy are two things that define John Hagees ministry. Denying Jesus is the Christ and warmongering are the traits of John Hagee. For John Hagee to deny that Jesus Christ is not the Messiah is not only astonishing but worse is that so-called American Evangelical leaders have not come out to condemn John Hagee and his new book In Defense of Israel in which he denies relentlessly in order to please his Christian Zionist Movement and Zionists that Jesus Christ is not the Messiah.
Below is an excerpts from John Hagee's Book 'In Defense of Israel' originally posted on Biblewheel.com in their review of John Hagee's Heretic Book 'In Defense of Israel'... As one sees, this is pure heresy and blasphemy of the highest order...
"In his book In Defense of Israel (2007), beginning in the section called "The Jews did not Reject Jesus as Messiah" (p. 132) John Hagee relentlessly twisted Scripture in his attempt to prove that Jesus Christ did not come "to be Messiah to the Jews." His denial of Jesus as the Christ (Messiah) cannot be overlooked as a mere "slip of his pen" because he repeated his assertion "seven ways from Sunday" as seen in this sample of seven quotes from his book:
If God intended for Jesus to be the Messiah of Israel, why didn't he authorize Jesus to use supernatural signs to prove he was God's Messiah, just as Moses had done? (p. 137)
Jesus refused to produce a sign ... because it was not the Father's will, nor his, to be Messiah. (p 138)
If Jesus wanted to be Messiah, why did he repeatedly tell his disciples and followers to "tell no one" about his supernatural accomplishments? (p. 139)
The Jews were not rejecting Jesus as Messiah; it was Jesus who was refusing to be the Messiah to the Jews. (p. 140)
They wanted him to be their Messiah, but he flatly refused. (p. 141)
He refused to be their Messiah, choosing instead to be the Savior of the world (p. 143)
Jesus rejected to the last detail the role of Messiah in word or deed. (p. 145)
...Let us begin with this quote from pages 137-138:
If God intended for Jesus to be the Messiah of Israel, why didn't he authorize Jesus to use supernatural signs to prove he was God's Messiah, just as Moses had done? The Jews, knowing of Moses's signs to Israel, asked for a supernatural sign that Jesus was indeed their Messiah. Jesus answered:
No sign will be given...except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. -- Matthew 12:39-40
Jesus refused to give a sign. He only compared himself with the prophet Jonah, who carried the message of repentance from God to the Gentiles in Nineveh."
Refuting John Hagees Heresy that Jesus is not the Christ
What John Hagee is doing is preparing Israel and the Jews to receive another Messiah, a false Messiah, and an Antichrist. John Hagee is also preparing the undiscerning Church to welcome the Antichrist. These are truly the last days as the Bible warns. What John Hagee is promoting is nothing less that the Antichrist Gospel. It is an Antichrist spirit speaking through John Hagee that Jesus is not the Christ
1 John 2:22-23
(22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(23) Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
There are 532 Bible Verses and more in the New Testament that speak about Jesus Christ as the Messiah or The Christ, The Anointed One... I will only note the bible verses in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in which Jesus Christ personally speaks of Himself as The Christ (Messiah, The Anointed One)
All these scriptures contradict John Hagees teaching that Jesus Christ is not the messiah
Jesus Christ acknowledges Peters confession that He is The Christ
(13) When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
(14) And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
(15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
(16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
(17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
(18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(19) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Jesus Christ points out to the Pharisees that He is The Christ
(41) While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
(42) Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
(43) He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
(44) The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
(45) If David then call him, Lord, how is he his son?
(46) And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
Jesus Christ tells the disciples to call no one Master except Jesus the Christ
(8) But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
(9) And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
(10) Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Jesus confesses that He is the Christ
(63) But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
(64) Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Jesus acknowledges that He is the Christ
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Jesus acknowledges that He is the Christ
(61) But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
(62) And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Jesus had already confessed to the Jews that He is The Christ but they believed not
Jesus confesses that He is the Christ
(66) And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,
(67) Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:
(68) And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go.
(69) Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
(70) Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
(71) And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.
Jesus was already confessing that He was the Christ and when Pilate asked him to respond to the accusations, Jesus Did not Deny that He is Christ but agreed and acknowledged that He is Christ
He confessed that He is Christ
(2) And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.
(3) And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.
After Jesus Christ rose from the Dead (a sign of the Messiah), He met two men on the road to Emmaus and Jesus Christ spoke of Himself to them as The Christ and how Christ had to suffer these things, be killed and rise from the dead on the third day
(25) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
(26) Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
(45) Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures,
(46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
(47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Jesus Christ explicitly confesses that He is The Christ (Messiah, the Anointed One)
(25) The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
(26) Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
Jesus Christ had already confessed to the Jews that He is The Christ and they believed not
When He further described how He is Christ, that He and His Father are one, the Jews took stones to stone Him
(24) Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
(25) Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
(26) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
(27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
(28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
(29) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
(30) I and my Father are one.
(31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
(32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
(33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus Christ explicitly confesses that He is The Christ
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
(4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John the apostle sums it up well that all these things which were recorded in the Book of John were written so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God
a thing which John Hagee now denies
(30) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
(31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Refuting John Hagees Heresy of Christian warmongering
It is not surprising that John Hagee believes in MURDER. He has relentlessly called for the USA to bomb Iran but to nuke Iran. I wonder what those few Christians and Jews who live inside Iran think about John Hagee.
Brethren, lets be very careful, the Bible does not call us to avenge our enemies with weapons of the flesh, and the bible does not call us to carry out warfare with swords and guns. Remember what Jesus Christ told Peter when peter cut off the ear of one of those who had come to arrest Jesus Christ
Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword
Dont be deceived in joining John Hagee and other warmongers around the world, those who do so will find themselves burning in the flames of Hell where all warmongers will go
The Bible clearly forbids us in engaging in warmongering and fighting using swords and guns
Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword
The YNET News, an Israel News Outlet quoted John Hagee calling for the US to take military action against Iran
There is no doubt that John Hagee is war hungry and has taken his support for Israel in terms of flesh and blood. John Hagee has become blood thirsty with his warmongering rhetoric
The group's founder, the Reverend John Hagee, declared, "We support Israel because we are Bible-believing Christians," and said the world needs to see that "the sleeping giant of Christian Zionism has awakened." Hagee said that the entire Christian world kept quiet during World War II and allowed the genocide of the Jewish people. "This time we will not be silent," Hagee said. At "A Night to Honor Israel" banquet, Hagee called on President Bush to move the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He also called for American divestment from Iran, which he compared to Nazi Germany as a threat to the Jewish people.
Hagee said Mideast tensions shouldn't be blamed on Israel, but on Islamic radicals and moderate Muslims who won't condemn them.
Hagee continued to warn against Iranian President Ahmadinejad, calling him the new Hitler, saying the Iranian president will use a nuclear bomb to destroy Israel the first chance he gets...Ahmandinejad must be stopped, Hagee said, calling on the United State to attack Iran immediately.
John Hagee goes to the extreme when he calls for America to defend Israel and that failure to do so will cause the wrath of God to fall on America by Russia attacking the USA
But Hagee doesn't stop there. He adds that Ezekiel predicts fire "upon those who live in security in the coastlands." From this sentence, he concludes that there will be judgment upon all who stood by while the Russian-led force invaded Israel, and issues a stark warning to the United States to intervene: "Could it be that America, who refuses to defend Israel from the Russian invasion, will experience nuclear warfare on our east and west coasts?" He says yes, citing Genesis 12:3, in which God said to Israel: "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you." http://www.alternet.org/story/39748/
This seems like some kind of Bible Prophesy Blackmail
In other words America can help steer away Gods Judgment on her by helping Israel deal with her enemies, especially attack Iran and do away with her nuclear weapons
This line of reasoning is that if America can take out Irans Nuclear Facilities, then God will protect America from a Russian Invasion
the attacking of Iran by America will please God to protect America
John Hagees reasoning is not only flawed but blasphemy. God does not need America to Defend Israel if He God needs to do so.
An Excerpt from John Hagees supposedly Best Selling Book, Jerusalem Countdown was posted on The Hill Chronicles Website www.thehillchronicles.com . John Hagees book is nothing but a hate breeder, one that subtly uses the support for Israel among undiscerning Christians to call for the murder of the enemies of Israel
John Hagees bestselling book, "Jerusalem Countdown," endorses a preemptive military strike on Iran. The Rev. John Hagee, a nationally known pastor from San Antonio, Texas, told a gathering at Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg in September 2006 that America must win the war against terrorists who embrace radical Islam.
Ladies and gentlemen, America is at war with radical Islam, Hagee said. Jihad has come to America. If we lose the war to Islamic fascism, it will change the world as we know it.
People say When is the army coming. The army is not coming. Its here, he said. They are waiting to respond as terrorist cells against this nation. It is a war between the culture of death and the culture of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is a war that we must win, period.
Our crisis is that half of America doesnt know the war has started, Hagee said. This is a religious war.
They hate us because we are free, Hagee said. They hate us because it is their religious duty to hate us. They are trained from the breast of their mother to hate us. Radical Islam is a doctrine of death. It is their desire, it is their hope, it is their ambition, it is their highest honor to die in a war against infidels. And you are infidels and there is nothing you can do to accommodate them. Thats what makes them so dangerous.
Russia is all over the Middle East in an antagonistic position against the United States, Hagee said. Our president and our government needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Mr. (Vladamir) Putin is not for us, hes against us.
Whats happening with Hezbollah is nothing more than Irans long arm reaching out in the Middle East, he said. What is happening in Iraq is nothing more than Irans long arm reaching out and sticking a finger in the eye of the United States of America. If freedom wins in Iraq, radical Islam is finished. Im proud of our troops in Iraq.
We as a nation are at war with a determined enemy. It is time for America to realize that we must win this war at all costs.
Iran is swimming in oil money that came from your gas tank,
John Hagee uses fear to captivate his undiscerning Soccer Mum, SUV Driving Dads, and Nintendo Video Game Youth audience and psychologically condition them that the threat to their lifestyle is America not dealing militarily with the Iranian Threat.
Jesus Christ has NEVER called us to use arms, nuclear weapons, and States to fight our enemies. The message of Jesus Christ is clear, we must forgive, we must love, and we must work towards peace in Christ Jesus. Yes, we must pray for the Moslems and forgive and not return an eye for an eye as John Hagee is preaching.
Brethren, John Hagee is preaching hatred and not the Love of Jesus Christ. Even though a number of Moslems (including many anti Semitic none Moslems around the world, remember Hitler was not a Moslem yet had hate for the Jews) might have hate for the nation Israel and some wish Israel to be wiped off the map
yet The Lord says vengeance is His and not ours...
(19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
(20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
(21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Remember our call is to preach the Good News of Jesus Christ to ALL Nations including Moslem Nations. Jesus Christ gave His life for all Nations including the Moslems. So, how are you going to preach the gospel to Moslems if you are calling for America to nuke them?
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Certainly The Lord is NOT with Christian Mullah John Hagee as he is disobeying the command to preach the gospel to All Nations
John Hagee is calling instead for the destruction of Islamic Nations like Iran.
John Hagee falls short of this calling to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to ALL Nations and should be dismissed as a warmonger and a heretic by all God fearing, Peace Loving, and True Christians who love and obey the Commandments of Jesus Christ.
John Hagee stands a very dangerous Christian Mullah doing the very thing that Islamic Radicals Mullahs call for, The Destruction of Israel
Christian Mullah John Hagee calls for The Destruction of Iran and Moslems, a thing that Jesus Christ has never told us to do and is totally against the teachings of Jesus Christ...
Jesus Christ was very clear that His Kingdom is NOT of this world otherwise His followers would have fought for Him
Those who use Jesus Christs Name in pursuit for war which is Oil war in the case of John Hagee are liars and going against the Teachings of Jesus Christ. Brethren, the Bible has not called us to fight our enemies but forgive them
This is the Teaching of Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ taught that blessed are the peacemakers
(9) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Jesus Christ taught forgiveness, loving your enemies, not to revenge, and none violence
(38) Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
(39) But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
(40) And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
(41) And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
(42) Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
(46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
(47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
(48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Jesus Christ taught those who live by the sword will perish by the sword
We can say that those who live by the gun will perish by the gun
a stern warning to so-called Christian warmongers, dictators, and murderers
(51) And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
(52) Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
(53) Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
(54) But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Jesus Christ is clear that His Kingdom is NOT of this world...John Hagees Kingdom is that of Americas New World Order System and its imperialistic ambitions in the Middle East which is a quest for Oil
so John Hagee can call for the US to nuke Iran but Jesus Christs Kingdom is NOT of this world
(36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Our warfare as Christians is not through flesh and blood, not through swords, guns, and nuclear weapons but is spiritual
Our enemies as Christians are NOT Moslems but the spiritual forces in the dark places
And we overcome such spiritual forces by obeying the Commandments of Jesus Christ
not through so-called spiritual mapping
we overcome by Loving Jesus Christ and Obeying His Commandments
(12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Those who live by the sword will be killed by the sword
Those who live by guns will die by guns
tyrants, dictators; murderers who live by the gun will die by the gun
Warmongers who live by warmongering will die through warmongering
This is a stern warning to Christians not to involve themselves in the wars of this world but rather be peacemakers and forgiving
(10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
John Hagee Denies Jesus Christ AS Messiah
Book Review: In Defense of Israel...Biblewheel
John Hagee: Jesus Did Not Come To Be The Messiah...Giannina Blog
John Hagee: Jesus Did Not Come To Be Messiah - Video...The Threshing Floor Blog
John Hagee's Warmongering and Christian Zionism
Evangelicals raise $8.5 m. for Jewish state...Jerusalem Post
Christians United for Israel Call on US to Attack Iran...No World System
Media Matters - On Fox's Your World, apocalyptic pastor John Hagee...Media Matters
YouTube - John Hagee- World War 3 (2 of 5)...YouTube
TV Evangelist John Hagee Wants War With Iran, and He Wants It Now...Lewrockwell
John Hagee Ministries - Pastor Hagee...John Hagee Ministries
Christians United For Israel...CUFI