Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

POISONED

[b]POISONED 11/11/2007[/b]

How much does God ask from us?

What did God say in the Old Testament?

What did Jesus say?

Perhaps when we answer these questions, we will begin to see how little what passes for preaching and teaching is actually from the Lord.

[color=Orange][b]1Sa 15:7 Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah as far as Shur, which is east of Egypt.
1Sa 15:8 And he took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, though he utterly destroyed all the rest of the people with the sword.
1Sa 15:9 Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, oxen, fatlings, lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them; but all that was undesirable or worthless they destroyed utterly.
1Sa 15:10 Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying,
1Sa 15:11 I regret making Saul king, for he has turned back from following Me and has not performed My commands. And Samuel was grieved and angry [with Saul], and he cried to the Lord all night.
1Sa 15:12 When Samuel rose early to meet Saul in the morning, he was told, Saul came to Carmel, and behold, he set up for himself a monument or trophy [of his victory] and passed on and went down to Gilgal.
1Sa 15:13 And Samuel came to Saul, and Saul said to him, Blessed are you of the Lord. I have performed what the Lord ordered.
1Sa 15:14 And Samuel said, What then means this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?
1Sa 15:15 Saul said, They have brought them from the Amalekites; for the people spared the best of the sheep and oxen to sacrifice to the Lord your God, but the rest we have utterly destroyed.
1Sa 15:16 Then Samuel said to Saul, Stop! I will tell you what the Lord said to me tonight. Saul said to him, Say on.
1Sa 15:17 Samuel said, When you were small in your own sight, were you not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed you king over Israel?
1Sa 15:18 And the Lord sent you on a mission and said, Go, utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites; and fight against them until they are consumed.
1Sa 15:19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord, but swooped down upon the plunder and did evil in the Lord's sight?
1Sa 15:20 Saul said to Samuel, Yes, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag king of Amalek and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.
1Sa 15:21 But the people took from the spoil sheep and oxen, the chief of the things to be utterly destroyed, to sacrifice to the Lord your God in Gilgal.
1Sa 15:22 Samuel said, Has the Lord as great a delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as idolatry and teraphim (household good luck images). Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.
1Sa 15:24 And Saul said to Samuel, I have sinned; for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.
1Sa 15:25 Now, I pray you, pardon my sin and go back with me, that I may worship the Lord.
1Sa 15:26 And Samuel said to Saul, I will not return with you; for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel. [/b][/color]

It seems we have a teaching here from the Lord that REQUIRES us to UTTERLY OBEY HIM to the last. In other words, obedience must 100%. Anything LESS than 100% is NOT obedience! Not only that but praises and thanksgivings are called sacrifices and offerings. What did God say thru Samuel about them?

[color=Purple][b]1Sa 15:22 Samuel said, Has the Lord as great a delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. [/b][/color]

Now please do NOT mistake what I am saying here. Pay CLOSE attention. We are to give offerings and sacrifices to the Lord. However, according to the principle in the above passage, [b]God DOES NOT ACCEPT OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES FROM THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT! Therefore, only THOSE who are walking in 100% obedience will have ACCEPTABLE sacrifices and offerings! [/b]

Before you disagree, perhaps we should look more into what ALL the scriptures say.

[color=Blue][b]Gal 5:9 A little leaven (a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers) leavens the whole lump [it perverts the whole conception of faith or misleads the whole church]. [/b][/color]

Shall we put this in more common terms than that? Let us take 1 liter of pure water. That is 1000 milliliters. Now, we remove 1ml and replace that with pure untreated sewage. So, you now have water that is 99.9% PURE. Would you drink that? Yet that is considered acceptable today in the vast majority of churches. In fact, much LESS purity is acceptable.

I have worked in medicine for over 30yrs. Let me tell you the truth. If you drank that 99.9% pure water, you would DIE unless you were quickly treated at a hospital! There are many poisons that do not require THAT much concentration in order to kill you. I am NOT an expert on poisons, but certain concentrations of poisons, chemicals, and bacteria far smaller than 0.1% will KILL anyone. Let me give you just a little information about a common chemical we all are exposed to on a daily basis in America.

[color=Yellow]“Chlorine is a respiratory irritant. The gas irritates the mucous membranes and the liquid burns the skin. As little as 3.5 ppm can be detected as an odor, and 1000 ppm is likely to be fatal after a few deep breaths. It was used as a war gas in 1915. Exposure to chlorine should not exceed 0.5 ppm (8-hour time-weighted average - 40 hour week.)” (http://www.scescape.net/~woods/elements/chlorine.html)[/color]

There you have details of how a simple common chemical that most of us come into contact with daily can easily KILL if it is in strong enough concentrations. Bacteria are worse, for it just takes a few deadly bacteria to kill a person as they multiply inside the person.

Yet Paul compares false teaching to leaven as does Jesus when He speaks of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees. So many today talk about how concerned they are about false teaching, then turn around and promote some teacher/preacher who “says some good things.” What about the rest of it?

My friends, this is HOW we are poisoned. We accept some teacher who says “some good things” NEVER taking EVERYTHING they say to the Lord. Then we end up receiving some bad things along with the supposed good! Jesus told us that NO GOOD TREE produces bad fruit.

Therefore dear ones, if some teacher or preacher or prophet or whatever says ANYTHING that is NOT PURE AND TRUE, they are NOT a good tree! They are a BAD TREE producing BAD FRUIT and we should have NOTHING to do with them! NOTHING! If we play with their teachings and doctrines we WILL END UP accepting some of it and eventually become poisoned ourselves!

How much poison are you willing to drink or eat? How long will you eat or drink it? What do you think it is doing to your spirit and soul?

Listen to this situation I was involved with not too long ago. On an email group someone promoted a particular “prophet.” In doing so, I came across some information about this prophet that STRONGLY SUGGESTED he was a false prophet. I warned the people to beware. The moderator of this group came back and eventually said something like, I have known of this man for years and he has done some very good things and been a blessing to me and others.

Forgive me friends, but what does that have to do with anything? [b]If indeed this man is a prophet of God, then his fruit will BE GOOD ALL THE TIME! If it is NOT good, then he is spreading poison![/b] No matter how much it “SEEMS” to help some people, it STILL has poison and should be discarded! We have allowed FAR TOO MUCH poison in the organized church today. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has a doctrine. To so many, they are ALL acceptable.

Friends, it ought NOT to be. Either Jesus is King in everything in our lives, or He is NOT king at all! As long as we are learning from men and books, we WILL be in bondage and receive more and more poison. It does NOT take much to truly poison us as I have shown you. God demands TOTAL obedience. NOWHERE does He give us an out. Have you read the Book of James with open eyes lately?

[color=Orange][b]Jam 2:17 So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).
Jam 2:18 But someone will say [to you then], You [say you] have faith, and I have [good] works. Now you show me your [alleged] faith apart from any [good] works [if you can], and I by [good] works [of obedience] will show you my faith.
Jam 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. So do the demons believe and shudder [in terror and horror such as make a man's hair stand on end and contract the surface of his skin]!
Jam 2:20 Are you willing to be shown [proof], you foolish (unproductive, spiritually deficient) fellow, that faith apart from [good] works is inactive and ineffective and worthless?
Jam 2:21 Was not our forefather Abraham [shown to be] justified (made acceptable to God) by [his] works when he brought to the altar as an offering his [own] son Isaac? [Gen. 22:1-14.]
Jam 2:22 You see that [his] faith was cooperating with his works, and [his] faith was completed and reached its supreme expression [when he implemented it] by [good] works.
Jam 2:23 And [so] the Scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed in (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on) God, and this was accounted to him as righteousness (as conformity to God's will in thought and deed), and he was called God's friend. [Gen. 15:6; II Chron. 20:7; Isa. 41:8.]
Jam 2:24 You see that a man is justified (pronounced righteous before God) through what he does and not alone through faith [through works of obedience as well as by what he believes].
Jam 2:25 So also with Rahab the harlot--was she not shown to be justified (pronounced righteous before God) by [good] deeds when she took in the scouts (spies) and sent them away by a different route? [Josh. 2:1-21.]
Jam 2:26 For as the human body apart from the spirit is lifeless, so faith apart from [its] works of obedience is also dead. [/b][/color]

Can you see the point James is making specifically in verse 19 above? Demons KNOW that God is real and they believe this completely and no demon lives in obedience to God. However, that is NOT the point James makes. [u][b] He IS TALKING ABOUT OBEDIENCE and how TRUE FAITH will ALWAYS produce OBEDIENCE.[/b][/u] Therefore, IF we have a real faith that will save us, then that faith WILL PRODUCE OBEDIENCE in us!

How many more verses must I copy to prove this point? I could post sweeping passages of verses that all say similar things. I could show you verses where Jesus explains how just a little leaven is more than enough to make the WHOLE leavened. If we have a glass of water and put a teaspoon of sugar in it, will NOT the whole glass become sweet? How much more proof do we need?

My friends, we have come to the point in time that we can NO LONGER allow ANY false doctrine, ANY FALSE TEACHING in our lives. We MUST CEASE listening to what man and organizations tell us. We must even stop listening to ourselves, for how many of us have even deceived ourselves before? (Yes, we do lie to ourselves all the time) We must come to the place where the ONLY thing we will believe is what we receive from the Lord Himself!

[color=Purple][b]Gal 1:10 Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah).
Gal 1:11 For I want you to know, brethren, that the Gospel which was proclaimed and made known by me is not man's gospel [a human invention, according to or patterned after any human standard].
Gal 1:12 For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but [it came to me] through a [direct] revelation [given] by Jesus Christ (the Messiah). [/b][/color]

If this is NOT what we teach and preach, then we are doing NOTHING different than all of those that have gone before us. We are doing the same things they did; the same things the Pharisees did. ALL of these teachings and doctrines and traditions MUST be put to death in our lives. ONLY those things that come DIRECTLY from the Lord Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit can be trusted, yet all of those teachings that come directly from Him will ALWAYS be in agreement with EVERYTHING the scriptures teach, just not OUR idea of it!

Today man and the church say we cannot obey God, but must ALWAYS sin for as long as we live on this earth. That is NOT what the scriptures say though. [u][b]In I John we are told that if we practice sinning, then we do not even KNOW GOD.[/b][/u] In fact, John goes on to tell us that if we belong to God, we will not sin, PERIOD! The church tries to explain that away because those verses do not agree with its understandings or experience. But I tell you the truth we are NOT to rely on our experience to teach us the truth. We are to go to the scriptures and let the Holy Spirit speak to us HIS Truth and allow them to change the way we live! (not only live, but the way we actually believe and behave!)

I give you a challenge. Go to a good concordance, one on a computer would be better. Now look up two phrases>>> The Word of God and the Word of the Lord. Read ALL the verses that have those specific phrases in them. It CAN change the way you understand and believe, IF you will allow it!

Listen to me my brothers and sisters, the Word of God, the Word of the Lord is NOT a book! It is a living, flowing, breathing being who has thoughts, and desires and will put them within us IF we will allow HIM to! I do NOT belittle the scriptures for it is through them that He can speak to us most, especially at the beginning. They contain everything we need for life and godliness, BUT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEM UNLESS THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES THEM TO US! We cannot understand what the scriptures actually say UNLESS we are willing to lay down what we think and understand.

We must come to the place where we cease making up doctrines as we understand the scriptures ourselves. The church has done this for years, assuming that all they had to do was read what the bible said and explain it. Because of this, we now have over 33,000 denominations. Most of those have much poison in them, because they came from the teaching of man instead of the teaching of the Holy Spirit.

So, when will we allow the Lord to have preeminence in everything that we think, say, and do? Are we willing to let Him purge and purify what we believe? Are we willing to let Him change us so radically that we are completely DIFFERENT creatures than we used to be? (are these words beginning to sound familiar to you?)

Satan is very good at mixing lies and truth he has been doing it since Adam and Eve. There is MORE deception today than ever before. The organized church today allows so much deception, lies, and false doctrines, that the reformers would not recognize it. What is coming toward us as I write these words will make the previous level of deception seem like nothing. The ONLY way to remain free of deception is to not rely on ourselves. The ONLY place of safety, the ONLY place of Peace, the ONLY place of Truth, the ONLY place of TOTAL SANCTIFICATION is in Jesus Christ with HIM as our source of everything, including everything we believe!

Do not think that we will avoid deception by all of our studying in the scriptures. That is once again relying on our own understanding. We are COMMANDED not to do so. We cannot rely on our intelligence, our abilities or anything that is ours. It is ALL subject to the fall. Those abilities are unreliable, unteachable, and UNREDEEMABLE! NOTHING can make that flesh nature good. The ONLY thing that can be done to it is to put it to death! As long as we are relying on our understanding, our studying, our intelligence, our ANYTHING, we WILL end up deceived.

I want to bring your attention once more to I Samuel. Go back to the beginning and read it once more, or better yet, take out your bible and read all of chapter 15. I want you to notice that King Saul did ALMOST everything God commanded, yet God said Saul DISOBEYED Him. [u][b]God DEMANDS total obedience and TOTAL Truth with NO MIXTURE of lies with it.[/b][/u] As long as we have the attitude that allows someone to “preach some good things” or do some nice things for others and we ignore the poison they put out, we will NOT ONLY be deceived ourselves, but we WILL be partakers of these false teachers sins, as we do not speak the REALITY of TOTAL OBEDIENCE that God demands. We WILL be just as guilty as those who are telling the lies or poisoning the people!

May we all allow the Holy Spirit to bring us to this place of TOTAL OBEDIENCE and REST in Him by dying to EVERYTHING in us that is NOT HIM! Only as we come to this place will we truly be prepared for the deception and terrible tribulations that are already upon us. It is only when we cease from our own works and allow the Lord to DO HIS WORKS THROUGH US, will we LIVE in the Holy of Holies as HE desires that we do! We have little time. We have all wasted so much of the time allotted to us we cannot afford to waste anymore!

God bless you all!

A bondslave in Christ Jesus, Dirk

2007/11/11 20:56

Re: GOD WROTE IT !

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

1Ti 4:16 -
Take heed to thyself (epeche seautōi). Present active imperative of old verb epechō, to hold upon (Phi_2:1, Phi_2:16), but here ton noun (the mind) must be supplied as in Act_3:5 and as is common with prosechō. With dative case seautōi. “Keep on paying attention to thyself.” Some young preachers are careless about their health and habits. Some are too finical.
And to the teaching (kai tēi didaskaliāi). This is important also.
Continue in these things (epimene autois). Present active imperative of epimenō, old and common verb to stay by the side of a person or thing. See note on Rom_6:1; Col_1:23. “Stay by them,” “stick to them,” “see them through.” “Stick to the business of framing your own life and your teaching on right lines” (Parry).
Thou shalt save (sōseis). Future active of sōzō, effective future, finally save. Cf. 1Co_9:27; Joh_10:9. Robertson's.

2007/11/11 21:19
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: POISONED

Hi everyone.

Bndslave, how are you?

I think there are some things we have to remember too in the way we present things and in our zeal for purity and truth:

We should try to remember that sometimes we are weak in faith, and could easily be cast down into despair by the demands others place upon our consciences before God.

We should remember too that the self-confident do not need to be encouraged to trust in themselves.

And for ourselves, I think we should remember the warnings of the Lord Jesus where He said

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

This says to me that God will hold us, unfailingly, to the same standards we hold others.

We need able ministers(2Cor 3:6) and wise master-builders(1 Cor 3:10), which is by grace.

And if our builders are unskillfull, or are derelict, maybe we should look to ourselves also for the cause, or to the Lord's hand that smites us, and ask Him for the cause. Isaiah writes:

"For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water, The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient, The captain of fifty, and the honorable man, and the counselor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbor: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honorable."

- Isaiah chapter 3 verses 1-5(KJV)

Just some thoughts to try to help us keep balance.

2007/11/11 23:56Profile

Re:

Was just now reading Matthew Chapter 5 where the Beatitudes are found.

Martin Lloyd-Jones did a great book on them also.

Reading the whole, of just that one chapter, is quite the read.

Must go on to chpt.s 6 and 7 now.

LORD Bless!

2007/11/12 0:10

Re:

Dear Chris.

I am doing great and hope thas you are blessed as well.

Yes we CAN be weak in faith, but we do NOT have to be and there are many who live for years without it. IT IS NOT NECESSARY that we become weak NOR is it necessary that we EVER FALL! At least according to the Bible.

I care nothing about the demands others place on me, nor am I here to please men. I am here to please the Father, PERIOD! Nor am I self-confident, I just happen to REALLY TRUST JESUS, because I KNOW HIM as a REAL person; just as real as my own wife. And yes, I am held to the very same standards that are written about IN THE BIBLE, not in my mind. I did not make these things up.

Today, in the modern Church, there are so few who are even builders, let alone any who are master builders. We are in the midst of the GREAT FALLING AWAY, actually near the end of it and the time grows VERY SHORT.

The cause for the lack of these builders is partly our own fault, for the vast majority have heaped up teachers who tickle our ears, the preach what we want them to preach INSTEAD OF THE SOLID SCRIPTURE; they preach a man-made gospel instead of the PURE SCRIPTURAL GOSPEL that was preached in Acts.

False doctrrine and false teaching abound and NO ONE speaks against it. The prosperity gospel has become the number one proclamation out in the world and it is a lie from the pit of hell. But people not only listen to it, agree with it, but actively support it because it is something they want to hear; it is greedy and self-centered, just like most people are today in the Western Church.

The ONLY BALANCE is OBEY GOD, PERIOD! There is no otehr balance, there is no other place of true peace, and there is NO SALVATION for those who do not walk in obedience. By the way, that is Heb 5:9

Heb 5:9 And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed and obey Him, [Isa. 45:17.]

That is what the scriptures say. Let us NOT listen to man for man will always make things easier and more pleasing in his own sight. We must do things GOD's way, not what man thinks is God's way.

May the Lord reveal Himself to us all as HE TRULY IS, NOT as we think He is!

a bondslave in Christ Jesus, Dirk

2007/11/12 5:42
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again Dirk, thank you for responding.

I don't know if we understand each other.

My concern is not your zeal for truth. It is the way you present it, here, in a public forum, with people from all over the world reading what you write.

Whether others continue being weak or not or whether they need to or not, Paul says they stand or fall to their own master. He, not you or I, is able to make them stand. He is their Master and they are His.

Dirk,

"I care nothing about the demands others place on me, nor am I here to please men."

But James says

"My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."

You asked us "have you read the Book of James with open eyes lately?"

He says "If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man".

The Lord Jesus warned us "It is impossible but that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

As I understand it it, this word offense means 'trap or snare'. As in something that would cause us to stumble or sin. What I'm saying is we need to be carefull we do not overthrow someone's faith that it weak, causing them to despair and give up.

Dirk, you said

"The ONLY BALANCE is OBEY GOD, PERIOD!"

Yet Peter admonishes us to grow in grace.

In a great house there are many vessels. And they are not ours to do with as we please.

Am out of time this morning.

Thank you for your time, and for considering these things,

Chris

2007/11/12 6:14Profile

Re:

Brother Dirk, I read something once about "the gifts" that HE'S placed in HIS Body.

It said one thing that I can never forget.

Sometimes differing gifts in folks, cause them to misunderstand each other.

That's followed me all of my saved life.

Those who are teachers or prophets or those with discernment, may appear hard to those with the gift of Mercy --- but GOD help us all, if HE didn't place parts in HIS Body called Mercy.

Folks with Mercy - see the struggling, the young in Christ and the persecuted.

Could it be possible that you're both right?

I believe you both are.

Thank GOD for 'all' the gifts in His Body, working as One.

2007/11/12 15:18

Re:

Quote:
Yes we CAN be weak in faith, but we do NOT have to be and there are many who live for years without it. IT IS NOT NECESSARY that we become weak NOR is it necessary that we EVER FALL! At least according to the Bible.

True.

There are somethings we have to consider when dealing with the weak. Consider this verse:
Quote:
1 Thess 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

It is necessary that there be weak members so that those who are strong should not live unto themselves but to support those who are not strong.

In the building trade when you see a stud that looks weak, especially when it's a load bearing wall, you would put a "scab", which is another stud right beside it. It was nailed right into the other stud to strengthen it.

It's important that we "comfort the feeble minded". We've seen the elderly in their feeble condition physically. In the mind of someone who is feeble is no different, sometimes they get around pretty good other times they are staggering and falling down. But those who are strong are right there to catch them before they fall, that is comforting to know. You see, when we act strong on behalf of someone who is weak, we "do show forth his death til He comes." Those of us who are dead no longer live unto ourselves to serve self, but to serve others as Christ serves the Church. We serve one another, fulfilling the love of Christ.

Thank you Brother Dirk for sharing your thoughts. ;-)

2007/11/12 16:17
roadsign

Re: the poison of bitterness

Bndslave, You speak of the poison of false prophets and false teachings. But there is a poison that we easily overlook – potentially far more deadly: It is the poison of bitterness. It is hard to detect in ourselves, perhaps because we are focused on the poison that has defiled us, humiliated us, disappointed us, angered us, or embittered us.

Bitterness masks itself beneath self-righteousness, pride, religiosity, a critical spirit, and lashing out at others – especially those who have wounded us.

The roots of bitterness do not dissolve easily. More likely they grow deeper and stronger, accumulating more deadly energy as it encounters more and more assaults. Bitterness remembers past offenses as if they were yesterday.

Bitterness causes us to hide our real selves, to erect walls in an attempt to prevent us from getting wounded again. It isolates us from one other – so we don’t get wounded again (we hope). It causes us to distrust, to deny our vulnerability and our hurt, to displace our anger onto to innocent victims.

Among those must vulnerable to this insidious poison are those most dedicated to the work of God. They have poured themselves out for God, for the church, and they have encountered rejection and insult – the assaults of carnal Christians.

As long as bitterness is not acknowledged and uprooted through forgiveness, it will continue to spread its deadly venom in the Body. It will defile even the most cherished brothers and sisters. It will erupt in all manner of discord.

Eph. 4:31 “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger…”

It is my understanding that when God’s people start confessing these very sins and seeking restitution and forgiveness, revival is not far off.

May God expose any roots of bitterness among us.

Diane

2007/11/12 20:37Profile

Re:

Dear Diane,

What you say IS TRUE, however.

Col 2:11 In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a [spiritual] circumcision [performed by] Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts).

If we come to THIS PLACE, there cannot BE unforgiveness and bitterness.

This should be the NORM!

a bondslave in CHrist Jesus, Dirk

2007/11/12 20:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy