SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : beautiful and dangerous groans of this creation: Anak Krakatau grumbles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

beautiful and dangerous groans of this creation: Anak Krakatau grumbles

The Anak Krakatau (Child of Krakatau) volcano sends up powerful clouds of hot gasses, rocks, and lava ...

Good pic from the Boston Globe

[url=http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2007/11/09/ap_indonesian_volcano_roaring_to_life/?page=2]http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2007/11/09/ap_indonesian_volcano_roaring_to_life/?page=2[/url]

2007/11/11 8:04

Re: beautiful and dangerous groans of this creation: Anak Krakatau grumbles

Thats an interesting article. Since 1930 this volcano rose from the sea and has continued to build into an island. I find these things fascinating because here we see God's handy work in creating more property for future generations to live and cultivate on.

2007/11/24 18:36

Hi bro,

I agree they are fascinating.

Also, I believe they are all connected to each other - things like this going up and the sea bed dropping by a kilometer, causing a tsunami.

Quote:
here we see God's handy work in creating more property for future generations to live and cultivate on.

You're not expecting the Lord's return any time soon, then...? Or, you think people will want to live there after He comes back?

2007/11/24 18:47

Re:

Quote:
You're not expecting the Lord's return any time soon, then...?

The LORD will return, just not the way we have been taught. Since the times of the Apostles we've heard that the LORD has been coming back "soon". And we know that "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick".

Do you ever see a verse or group of verses in the scriptures and you tend to wonder why this is here? Not that it's not right, it's just that you wonder about it. For example;
Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Now Paul speaks of a knowing Him in the power of His resurrection and so forth. However, he is saying here that we know no man after the flesh. Did not Paul know his fellow companions who worked with him while they lived in this fleshly tabernacle?

I am not saying I have any answers. What I am saying is I don't believe what Christendom has taught the churches is all that accurate. I think that they have taught a lot of fleshly teachings that appeal to the soulish nature of man. Paul said these issues were a mystery. Therefore we need to look at them as such and not get into a feeling frenzy of being *WHOOSHED* and then *POOF* were gone type of theology.

There is a going to be a "Gathering Together", there is going to be a time where "He is glorified in His saints". There will be a time where we will be "caught up together". In what nature or form these things take place I have no idea.

I think if we place the popular verses down to study we should also place the one's that causes to scratch our heads to be placed down as well. And using commentaries on the subject only worsen the interpretation.

2007/11/24 20:35

Compliments said

Quote:
The LORD will return, just not the way we have been taught.

Do you have a particular teaching in mind, or, do you mean that folk forget He will not be in a normal human body any more?

Quote:
[Paul] is saying here that we know no man after the flesh. Did not Paul know his fellow companions who worked with him while they lived in this fleshly tabernacle?

I agree we should be knowing each other by the Spirit, which takes faith, love, discernment, exhortation and trust, don't you think? If everyone is disowning their natural lives, it [i]is[/i] possible to divide between the natural and the spiritual, I believe.

Quote:
I am not saying I have any answers. What I am saying is I don't believe what Christendom has taught the churches is all that accurate. I think that they have taught a lot of fleshly teachings that appeal to the soulish nature of man.

Luke 17
34 "I tell you, in that night there will be two [i]men[/i] in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.
35 "Two [i]women[/i] will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.
36 "Two [i]men[/i] will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."

What do you think these verses are about?

Quote:
I think if we place the popular verses down to study we should also place the one's that causes to scratch our heads to be placed down as well. And using commentaries on the subject only worsen the interpretation.

I haven't looked at a commentary in years, so, amen. I don't know where some ideas come from, except an unwillingness on the part of those writers to say 'I don't know what this means'.

2007/11/25 12:44

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy