SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Osteen and Self-Esteem According to Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
let us be careful of proclaiming a minister of satan to be a minister of our holy God.

If that comment doesn't put the fear of God into you I don't know what will.

Let us also then be careful of proclaiming a minister of satan when they are indeed a minister of God.

Godspeed

2007/11/13 10:23Profile
Compton

Re:

Hi Richard,

Quote:
before a thing can do, it must be

What does this mean?!

At the risk of infringing on borrowed material here...

Washer was discussing how despite man's best natural efforts to behave as Christian, ultimately it is his nature that determines his behavior. It is his being that determines his doing. Accordingly we can relate this to Jesus saying A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.

We know what the nature of a tree is because it's fruit reveals what's inside. If an apple tree is ever to produce oranges, it can't do so by it's will but only by having a new nature...the nature of an orange tree. Of course this would have to be a supernatural regeneration, on the order of creation itself, which leaves humanistic and self-improvement religion out of the picture. (This is the context for Washer's reference to "your best life now", which I believe he would agree is being blown out of porportion here to his original message.)

MC

2007/11/13 10:55Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

There are some deep treasures within this series;
let us not focus too long on one 4 min. clip , there is over 9 hours worth of bible preaching here,

[url=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=105072026444]True Disciple Conf. 4 of 8 (Q&A)[/url]

2007/11/13 12:25Profile

Re:

Has Joel Osteen repented since October 14, 2007???

Joel Osteen Quote:
"No, I think we use God’s word. I think the principles that you hear Dr. Phil and some of those others talk about many times are right out of the Bible," Osteen says.

Am I mistaken or is he not saying God should be "used"???

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/11/60minutes/main3358652.shtml

2007/11/13 12:38
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: Osteen and Self-Esteem According to Paul Washer

Thanks Abe-Juliot for bring this series to the thread -
[url=http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_series.asp?sourceid=gcc]5 of 8 - True Disciple Conf.[/url]
These are really great messages that need to be heard

2007/11/13 15:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy