SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : following the 10 Commandments

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
wildbranch

Re:

Bndslave: "I do NOT speak against obedience to the Lord and His commands at all"

I am very happy to see that!

2007/11/11 15:42Profile

Re:

Quote:

wildbranch wrote:
LittleGift said--------quote: "I'm really puzzled why you seem to misunderstand so much of what has been said."

LittleGift, I am puzzled how such strong statements against the Ten Commandments can be supported. I have shown how they contradict the words of Yeshua himself and many other scriptures. No one is saying that one has to keep the commandments to obtain salvation (that has been clearly stated), but after obtaining the salvation freeely given by Yeshua, the keeping of the commandments is what we WANT to do. And we will not "fall from grace" etc if we do.

And that is why I agree with Bndslaves comment,quote: "----------"Once we are truly changed on the INSIDE, there will be NO CONFLICT with our desires and the will of God; they will be the same. (obviously that means our desires will have COMPLETELY CHANGED, for God changes not".

We will automatically desire to fulfill all His commandments because of our change of heart, and we would not reject His commandments. In fact, 'the dragon' is seeking those who would obey His commandments in the book of Revelation, showing that that is the desire of the Evil one, to get us to reject and abolish the Father's Commandments!

Hope that helps!

Well why do you think that anyone has been making strong statements against the Ten Commandments???

in Him

Jeannette

2007/11/11 16:06

Re:

Quote:

wildbranch wrote:

No one is saying that one has to keep the commandments to obtain salvation (that has been clearly stated)

I apologise, it seems we are misunderstanding you too!

It really did seem as if you were saying that we have to keep the commandments - either in order to obtain salvation or in our own strength afterwards!

Quote:
but after obtaining the salvation freeely given by Yeshua, the keeping of the commandments is what we WANT to do. And we will not "fall from grace" etc if we do.

Do you also see that HE gives us the POWER to keep the commandments? Or rather Christ in us keeps them?

That took me a VERY long time to discover, even after becoming a Christian. Which is why I feel rather strongly about these things. I [i]would[/i] keep trying to do it myself by my own efforts, i.e. by law rather than grace. Failure or imagined success, brought despair and pride by turns!

Now I know that there is nothing in me that can possibly keep the commands - except [i]Jesus[/i] in me! I'm just as hopeless and helpless as before, with one huge difference - I'm beginning to learn to get out of His way and let Him be my Righteousness - instead of trying to do it myself!

But if He is my Righteolusness in practice, then there's no cause for pride or despair any more. As was said, we are crucified with Christ and therefore out of the way, as long as we "reckon ourselves daead to sin" and walk in the light of that...

It really did seem that you were saying that WE have to keep the commandments in our own strength - especially because you didn't seem to understand what Bndslave was talking about!

It's so easy to get in a muddle when we only have words on a page to judge what others are saying.

Hopefully we all do basically agree after all? :-D

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/11/11 16:38
wildbranch

Re:

LittleGift said---"Hopefully we all do basically agree after all?'

Yes! hopefully.

As Psalm 119:32 says "I will run in the way of Thy commandments, when thou enlargest my understanding".

I love that verse, because after coming to Yeshua for salvation, and after a few years of seeking the way to live, I believe that I was rewarded with the Holy Spirit who has given me the power to 'run in His ways, as He has enlarged my understanding'. HalleluYah!

Peace and love
Sharon :-)

2007/11/11 17:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy