SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What Think Ye of Christ ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Believer

Canada

What Think Ye of Christ ?

Whose is he? Is he knowable?

2004/5/25 16:12Profile
Believer

Canada

Re: What Think Ye of Christ ?

Meeting The Risen Christ

Greeting the Seven Churches
Rev 1:4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
Rev 1:6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Rev 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

I. What can we learn from this Greeting of the Risen Christ?

The words of Rev 1:7-8 allude to Zech 12:10 “They (Israel) shall look upon Me whom they have pierced.” To this day they will not admit their guilt.

This second phase of our Lord’s coming will be seen by all. “Every eye shall see Him.” Those living and those long dead. By those who to whom He is the desire of ages. By those who do not desire Him. You will see Him. Since you must, why not see Him now. Look to Him and live!.

To some His coming will cause great joy, to others great sadness. “Al kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him.” This proves the world will not be converted. They will sorrow because they rejected and resisted Him. Their fears will be well grounded for they will be punished with everlasting destruction form the presence of the Lord. It will be a literal appearing and sorrow.

John heard before he saw. This same John who once heard the voice from heaven say, “Behold the Lamb of God” now hears “Behold He cometh!” Therein is the value of the Word of God. What right have we to ask God to reveal Himself if we neglect the Bible? We must hear Gods Word before we will see His Works!

2004/6/10 14:54Profile
Believer

Canada

Re:

Meeting the Son of Man
Rev 1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
Rev 1:12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
Rev 1:13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
Rev 1:14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
Rev 1:16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
Rev 1:18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

II. What can we learn from this Meeting of the Risen Christ?

The churches receive their light from Christ and the gospel, and hold it forth to others. They are golden candlesticks; they should be precious and pure; not only the ministers, but the members of the churches; their light should so shine before men, as to engage others to give glory to God.

“And in the midst.” It is a beautiful thought that he who said "I will be with you always" is represented as moving in the midst of the church.

That Christ is kingly in dignity and clothed with majesty. He wields supreme power but is still tender. It is the same Jesus which came from Heaven born of a virgin and is now glorified. He is the same Christ which walked the shores of Gaililee and the dusty streets of Nazareth which suffered, bled and died on Calvary.

This is the same Saviour who arose from the dead that first Easter morning and was seen by over 500 witnesses: Acts 1:3 “To whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.”

It is the same risen Christ which ascended to Heaven from the Mount of Olives: Acts 1:11 This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

His hair white like wool not because of age but because of glory. His eyes a flame of fire, al knowing and penetrating able to bring hidden things to light: Heb 4:13 “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.”

The dear feet, once washed with tears, supposing the marks of the nails still there are like fine brass burining in a fire. Yes, Jesus appears as Deity in His divinity and perfect holiness. He is God!

Note verse 17 “I fell at His feet as dead.” Any drawing near to the risen Christ which does not bring us down to the earth in humility is mere imagination. Here is the all powerful Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. No wonder the aged apostle falls at His feet as dead. I ask, if John a believer should do so that all Christians should tremble face to face with Jesus?

2004/6/10 14:55Profile
Believer

Canada

Re: What Think Ye of Meeting the Risen Christ

I believe so, for in I John 2:28 we read, “Now, little children, abide in Him; that when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.” Some Christians will be ashamed before Him. In II Cor 5:9-10 Paul said “Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of Him. For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, wheteher it be good or bad.”

Paul was eager for the Lord to say, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” And “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.” Do I mean some Christians will know some terror when they come before the Lord to face their failures. Yes!!

Christians who have not fulfilled their destiny will weep. There will be tears in Heaven! Rev 21:4 “And God shall wipe way all tears from their eyes.” In I Cor 3:15 we are told of the judgement seat of Christ… “ If any man’s work be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself will be saved; yet so as by fire.” There will be loss, not of salvation but of rewards. This is not for sin but for works. Sin was judged on the Cross. At the judgement seat of Christ believers will give account for the way they spent their life. Consecrated Christians say, “Maranatha come quickly Jesus!”

Picture two scenes: The first is a court of law. A man is on trial for his life. The jury returns the verdict, “Guilty” And the jugde passes sentence of death. A hush descends. Now picture another scene, it is a flower show. The judge arrives. He has a word of praise for every exhibit even though only a few will win the coveted prizes. The atmosphere is tinged but there is no terror. It is not a matter of life and death only of reward and honour. Think about this: In one case a person is being judged, in the other a persons works.

God reminds John and all men in verse 18 “ I Am He that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I Am alive for evermore.” John faced, as all of us must face, the living, resurrected Saviour from whose face Heaven and earth fled away. Are you ready to meet the risen Christ?

2004/6/10 14:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy