Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Stand Upon Thy Feet

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Stand Upon Thy Feet

Stand to Hear God

Ezekiel 2:1
“Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.”

God cannot use men to do His will who try to crawl through the world on all fours. When He wants any great work done He always says, “Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.” The erect attitude of the upright man is the first thing necessary to gain the ear of God when any particular great thing is to be done for him.… That is the attitude of a man who is ready to run God’s errands. When a man starts to run he doesn’t sit down in a chair at the point of starting nor recline on a couch. He stands upon his feet. He is in a position to get a good start. That is what God is saying to the world today. “The King’s business requires haste.” He cannot use laggards nor loafers.… Men on their feet eagerly listening to know what God’s voice shall command—these are the men God wants to use, they are the men He does use and will use.… “Stand upon thy feet.”… And He will speak to you. It will be something wonderful He will have to say, for God never speaks to a man who stands upon his feet in sinless integrity without giving the man a message of wonderful power and sweetness and courage.…
The Lord grant that this day we may stand upon our feet before Him in conscious integrity, our hearts filled with love to God and man and our lives throbbing with the divine music of His voice, which speaks to us as friend talks to friend.

F.M. Barton, ed., Pulpit Power and Eloquence.

“Stand upon thy feet.”… And He will speak to you. It will be something wonderful He will have to say, for God never speaks to a man who stands upon his feet in sinless integrity without giving the man a message of wonderful power and sweetness and courage.… "

Well, then stand!

2007/11/5 5:01Profile

Re: Stand Upon Thy Feet

That's a good word.Thanks for sharing that :-) .

2007/11/5 5:34
Christinyou

Ca.

This is man standing in his own strength:

Job 8:15 He shall lean upon his house, but it shall not stand: he shall hold it fast, but it shall not endure.

This is man standing in the power and strength of Christ.

1Cr 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Phl 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Phl 4:1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, [my] dearly beloved.

1Th 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Christ has made us strong and free, our standing must be in the power of His might.

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Christ liveth in me: Phillip

2007/11/5 16:47Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Ezekiel 2:1
“Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.”

When the Lord tells a man to stand it is not to question if it is in his own strength, of course it is not, it is in the Lord’s strength who is asking the man to stand. Will we challenge the command of God, or obey and receive His will in our lives.

Ephes. 6:10-20
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. [11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. [13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. [17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: [18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; [19] And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, [20] For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Stand Therefore!

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/11/5 17:58Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Its is simple, if we don't love the Lord we won't stand.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Standing in the Love of Christ: Phillip

2007/11/5 19:59Profile
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

As far as I know, Jehovah God has only ever spoken to One man who possessed "sinless integrity", and it ain't us...

2007/11/5 22:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy