SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Revival in Prayer Meetings, A future possibility

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

A Revival in Prayer Meetings, A future possibility

Prayer meetings is where the heart of the church was born.

Lu 24:49 - Show Context
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

It has been my hearts desire to pray more,
Jesus prayed in solitude

Quote:

Mt 5:44 - Show Context
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mt 6:5 - Show Context
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mt 6:6 - Show Context
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Mt 6:7 - Show Context
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Mt 6:9 - Show Context
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Mt 9:38 - Show Context
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Mt 14:23 - Show Context
And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Mt 19:13 - Show Context
Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

Mt 24:20 - Show Context
But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Mt 26:36 - Show Context
Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

Mt 26:41 - Show Context
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Mt 26:53 - Show Context
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Mr 5:17 - Show Context
And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.

Mr 5:23 - Show Context
And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.

Mr 6:46 - Show Context
And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.

Mr 11:24 - Show Context
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mr 13:18 - Show Context
And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

Mr 13:33 - Show Context
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mr 14:32 - Show Context
And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.

Mr 14:38 - Show Context
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Lu 6:12 - Show Context
And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

Lu 6:28 - Show Context
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Lu 9:28 - Show Context
And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.

Lu 10:2 - Show Context
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Lu 11:1 - Show Context
And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

Lu 11:2 - Show Context
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Lu 14:18 - Show Context
And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

Lu 14:19 - Show Context
And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

Lu 16:27 - Show Context
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

Lu 18:1 - Show Context
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Lu 18:10 - Show Context
Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Lu 21:36 - Show Context
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Lu 22:40 - Show Context
And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

Lu 22:46 - Show Context
And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

Joh 14:16 - Show Context
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Joh 16:26 - Show Context
At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Joh 17:9 - Show Context
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Joh 17:15 - Show Context
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Joh 17:20 - Show Context
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Ac 8:22 - Show Context
Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Ac 8:24 - Show Context
Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

Ac 8:34 - Show Context
And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Ac 10:9 - Show Context
On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

Ac 24:4 - Show Context
Notwithstanding, that I be not further tedious unto thee, I pray thee that thou wouldest hear us of thy clemency a few words.

Ac 27:34 - Show Context
Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

Ro 8:26 - Show Context
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Co 11:13 - Show Context
Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

1Co 14:13 - Show Context
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

1Co 14:14 - Show Context
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

1Co 14:15 - Show Context
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

2Co 5:20 - Show Context
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2Co 13:7 - Show Context
Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

Php 1:9 - Show Context
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Col 1:9 - Show Context
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

1Th 5:17 - Show Context
Pray without ceasing.

1Th 5:23 - Show Context
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:25 - Show Context
Brethren, pray for us.

2Th 1:11 - Show Context
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2Th 3:1 - Show Context
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

1Ti 2:8 - Show Context
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

2Ti 4:16 - Show Context
At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

Heb 13:18 - Show Context
Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

Jas 5:13 - Show Context
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Jas 5:14 - Show Context
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:16 - Show Context
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1Jo 5:16 - Show Context
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

I so want a revival in prayer in my life!!

2007/11/4 19:12Profile
InTheGarden

Ft. Wayne, IN

Re: A Revival in Prayer Meetings, A future possibility

My Grandfather, a pastor, has often said that there should be more in attendance at midweek prayer meeting than at Sunday morning service - instead of the other way around. Prayer is an essential key to revival yet many in Christian circles don't prioritize in their lives or in the lives of their families. I know that I don't prioritize it as much as I should and am endeavoring to spend more time in prayer for revival. I am praying that God will lay the burden of prayer for revival on more of His saints.

2007/11/4 19:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy