SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Litural Genesis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Dominic,

I can tell that you have a good heart for God. But there is no need to prove the existence of God (and in fact, it cannot be done.) God is manifest in all the universe and reveals Himself to those that He chooses and in the manner that He chooses and in the time that He chooses. When this happens, we have a choice to accept Him or reject Him in our lives.

The manner in which God created the earth and all of life is mysterious. Genesis tells us that there was an order and progression to this creation process. Science is one of mankinds means of finding out the details of this process. It does not contradict Genesis, but rather helps us to understand it better.

Bub

2007/11/8 9:00

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:
...My problem with literal 6-24-hour-day creationists is that they acknowledge and use all technologies, medicines, and other goodies that come from modern science yet refuse to acknowledge paleontologists', geologists', and even astronomers' findings when it comes to the age of the Earth and the Universe.

Hi Corey

You used this argument before on a previous thread. It doesn't make any more sense now than it did then! You seem to be locked into the idea that believing that God created the world as Genesis says He did is unscientific because so many scientists (most of whom don't believe God exists), deny it more loudly (and get more funding) than those (including agnostic scientists) who don't believe Evolution!

There is a vast difference between practical science (operational science I think is the technical term) and theoretical science that tries to deal with origins.

All useful inventions come from operational science. Many were invented by Christians who take the Bible seriously, and, unlike you, have no intellectual difficulty in believing the Genesis account.

So why shouldn't I make use of modern technology, some of which was invented by those who believe the Bible? As was mentioned in the previous thread, the principle of magnetic resonance imaging, for example, was developed by a creationist.

So, on your reasoning, maybe you should refuse to have a scan if you need one?

If only you sceptics, who prefer to believe man rather than God, would be willing to examine [b][i]the [u]scientific[/u] evidence which makes Evolution basically impossible[/i][/b] we might get somewhere with this discussion.

Why won't you? What are you afraid of?

Are you afraid of [i]real[/i] science in case it proves you and a load of other people wrong?

Afraid of admitting that you have been brainwashed into believing Evolution?

Afraid of discovering that God is infinitely greater than you ever imagined?

in Him

Jeannette

2007/11/8 17:14

Evolution vs speciation etc

This is a kind of PS

Many Evolutionists seem to find it impossible to get their heads around the fact that the variability of living things is not Evolution, nor is it evidence for Evolution. If anything it's evidence that Evolution is impossible.

Speciation, mutation, adaptive radiation, and other mechanisms that are hailed as proof of Evolution are nothing of the kind, [b]because they all arise from already existing genetic material[/b].

There is no increase in complexity, which Evolution absolutely requires. Neither is there evidence that any real increase in complexity is even possible - not in the sense of completely new living systems arising spontaneously.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/11/8 17:24
Isaiah64

Re: Evolution vs speciation etc

Thought this might be of interest, since it deals with some of the issues being discussed here--two Way of the Master Radio segments where Todd Friel interviews Paul Taylor from Answers in Genesis in Scotland.
If you guys have the time I would recommend listening to these, they're very interesting and informative, not to mention edifying.

[url=http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/2007/09/28/september-28-2007-hour-1/]WotM-9-28 Hour 1[/url]

[url=http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/podcast/2007/09/28/september-28-2007-hour-2/]WotM-9-28 Hour 2[/url]

2007/11/8 20:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy