SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Will Revival Come?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Will Revival Come?

The following is taken from the article "Will Revival Come?" by Richard Bewes.

“The Devil is not afraid of people singing and jumping for joy in times of revival!’ declared Festo Kivengere. “He doesn’t say, ‘Stop jumping,’ because he knows they enjoy it. All he says is, Jump a little higher – and the higher you jump, the more ‘spiritual’ you are!

“The wind of heaven has come, and people shake. I’ve seen people fall down, Then the devil comes very easily and says to the people who shook, ‘Now to experience the power of God, you have to shake!. If you don’t shake, you haven’t got it.’ So you can find brethren fighting over whether you should shake, shout, jump, or act in a particular way.”

Always it is the centre of the Revival that has to be guarded; the preaching of the Cross, the Person of Christ and the response of repentance and faith. “Please don’t speak about the Revival,” urged Willam Nagenda repeatedly, “Let us talk about Jesus.”

Millions get touched, when the Spirit of God is moving in power. Could it happen in the materialistic West? Will Revival come?"

Read the entire article: http://www.richardbewes.com/comments-4.html

2007/11/2 9:18Profile

Re: Will Revival Come?

Quote:
[b] “Please don’t speak about the Revival,” urged Willam Nagenda repeatedly, “Let us talk about Jesus.”

[/b]

Willam Nagenda knew what he was talking about there.

Check out the lives of most of the Great Saints and you find that they sought God for themselves, alone somewhere, and wouldn't let up until they saw Him or knew Him, above every other voice out there.

It mainly happens alone somewhere ... that we touch the "Reality of Christ".

If it isn't Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - it isn't revival.

Consumed by His Presence and out working of Him with it.

If we wait on the crowds to "experience something", it may be too late. Let's not find ourselves, with a life past and nothing of Him having been magnified within that life.

It's all about HIM and Him alone.

Just give us Jesus - that's it Brother Eli.

Thank you!

2007/11/2 17:06
dohzman

Little Testamony

I had the pleasure to take Bro. Ron Bailey to several churches while he was here for the conference. So I listened to this godly man speak at 4 other places besides the conference, at one of those churches I would like to simply share what happened. He spoke on Hebrews4 and the king/priest combined role of Christ Jesus, he spoke about an hour long and after wards an unemotional simple appeal was made for those who were there to come for mercy and grace. The whole church came forward, about 40 or so people. As Ron prayed for each person the power of God came down and it was a presence one could feel, older men as well as women and children began to tremble in God's presence and sob with great cries unto Jesus before Ron could even get to them. That church has been dry for a very long time, it's been a week almost since that visitation, but the presence of God was still there wednesday nite and those who weren't there sunday came in and broke down with weeping without anyone to tell them. I believe sunday will repeat this pattern. I believe people will start to be inspired to works of righteousness prepared for them and that little community. I'll keep you all posted on what I hear. I believe that's true revival.

2007/11/2 22:06Profile
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: Will Revival Come?

The Holy Spirit does His thing and people are convicted, acknowledging the terror of the situation...some repent. The parable of the Sower still applies in our day.
There are revivals going on all around us, we miss them mostly because our pastors are organizing theatrics, power point presentations, and various other 'modern' systems of bait and capture, luring the unrehearsed into believing that they have a choice in the matter of being saved. So sad. "the kings of the gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors".

2007/11/2 22:59Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

I believe anyone can experience a revival, right this very minute. We need only repent and place the entirety of our eternal hope in the shed Blood of Jesus Christ.

I like what Tommy Tenny had to say about revival. He said that one "can no more hold a revival than they can hold a hurricane". We are God servants, not the other way around. We are here to do His will, not Him do our will.

As for a major outbreak of Spiritual power and awakening to the real presence of God in the lives of many people, I don't see it prophesied in scripture. Yes, there will always be a remnant, some of these very God filled and therefore very "powerful" in the Holy Spirit. But they will be hunted, not by the government as much as by the church and the religious people who have been the centerpiece of wars since time began. (see the story of Cain and Abel.

In His mercy and grace,

"0"

2007/11/14 9:54Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
I had the pleasure to take Bro. Ron Bailey to several churches while he was here for the conference. So I listened to this godly man speak at 4 other places besides the conference, at one of those churches I would like to simply share what happened. He spoke on Hebrews4 and the king/priest combined role of Christ Jesus, he spoke about an hour long and after wards an unemotional simple appeal was made for those who were there to come for mercy and grace. The whole church came forward, about 40 or so people. As Ron prayed for each person the power of God came down and it was a presence one could feel, older men as well as women and children began to tremble in God's presence and sob with great cries unto Jesus before Ron could even get to them. That church has been dry for a very long time, it's been a week almost since that visitation, but the presence of God was still there wednesday nite and those who weren't there sunday came in and broke down with weeping without anyone to tell them. I believe sunday will repeat this pattern. I believe people will start to be inspired to works of righteousness prepared for them and that little community. I'll keep you all posted on what I hear. I believe that's true revival.

Praise God! What a perfect example of the power of God confirming the preaching and exalting of the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe with all my heart if we just start preaching Jesus again, like the apostles did, we shall see the power of God. Though we may not like to admit it, much preaching today is not Christ centered but something else centered with Christ on the side.

Praise God brother Ron!

2007/11/14 10:03Profile

Re:

We are as holy as we want to be.

Western "Christians" as a whole, have rejected the simple call of Jesus to sell our possessions and give to the poor, to forsake the American dream, to forgo that cruise to Hawaii and the big screen TV to feed starving children in Myanmar with "our hard earned money" instead... to violently press into the kingdom of God through prayer that we can have victory over besetting sin. (I am not condemning taking a vacation or spending money to refresh yourself, this is just an example, I am still learning how to use unrighteous mammon myself)

We love not the truth of carrying our cross and suffering loss so we have invented a new gospel that allows us to sit at ease in Zion and enjoy worldly treasures and pleasures while the world, the so called church, and the testimony of what could have been perish beside us. We have what we want... we are comfortable and many have been handed over to strong delusion and another gospel and now are busy making the whole world drunk on the wine of our fornications.

Could God pour out His Spirit on millions here still in His mercy and sovereignty, of course. What about you though reader, are you personally revived? Have you settled the matter and decided to actually and irrevocably forsake your life for your King and His glorious kingdom? Let those who are called out continue to weep in secret and live as Gods testimony in this corrupt generation for His glory. Feed the poor, visit the sick, clothe the naked, preach the Gospel, turn off the TV and seek Him in prayer and in the word and in Spirit and in truth, turn from all known sin, love God with all of your heart and your neighbor as yourself… is there any greater revival then this? Isn’t this the normal Christian life that the Lamb of God purchased for us with His own blood? Is He not worthy of such things? Pay the price. Salvation is a free gift, but it costs us everything. (I never heard that second half in church). How long can we waver between two opinions?

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/14 10:32

Re:

Quote:
Praise God! What a perfect example of the power of God confirming the preaching and exalting of the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe with all my heart if we just start preaching Jesus again, like the apostles did, we shall see the power of God. Though we may not like to admit it, much preaching today is not Christ centered but something else centered with Christ on the side.

This brother - Amen, and a jealousy for His Word over our own, by Scripture and His Spirit to demonstrate Him.
Personal revival first, where needed.
If we walk in the Spirit / depending on His Presence - we are continuously refreshed and doing what He would do.
Pray we learn His Voice & follow - soon enough.
Thank you to all of you.

2007/11/14 16:38
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

We are as holy as we want to be.

Western "Christians" as a whole, have rejected the simple call of Jesus to sell our possessions and give to the poor, to forsake the American dream, to forgo that cruise to Hawaii and the big screen TV to feed starving children in Myanmar with "our hard earned money" instead... to violently press into the kingdom of God through prayer that we can have victory over besetting sin. (I am not condemning taking a vacation or spending money to refresh yourself, this is just an example, I am still learning how to use unrighteous mammon myself)

We love not the truth of carrying our cross and suffering loss so we have invented a new gospel that allows us to sit at ease in Zion and enjoy worldly treasures and pleasures while the world, the so called church, and the testimony of what could have been perish beside us. We have what we want... we are comfortable and many have been handed over to strong delusion and another gospel and now are busy making the whole world drunk on the wine of our fornications.

Could God pour out His Spirit on millions here still in His mercy and sovereignty, of course. What about you though reader, are you personally revived? Have you settled the matter and decided to actually and irrevocably forsake your life for your King and His glorious kingdom? Let those who are called out continue to weep in secret and live as Gods testimony in this corrupt generation for His glory. Feed the poor, visit the sick, clothe the naked, preach the Gospel, turn off the TV and seek Him in prayer and in the word and in Spirit and in truth, turn from all known sin, love God with all of your heart and your neighbor as yourself… is there any greater revival then this? Isn’t this the normal Christian life that the Lamb of God purchased for us with His own blood? Is He not worthy of such things? Pay the price. Salvation is a free gift, but it costs us everything. (I never heard that second half in church). How long can we waver between two opinions?

I fully agree with you brother. It is simple really, this thing called revial. It all comes down to people hunger and seeker of God. People who love and want to die. If we pick the Bible and apllied to our daily lives. To sumit and die to word written. To see the Cross, and leave everything and follow Christ. I love with Christ calls Him, they left everything. God has called us, now we are leave everything. Not is real since of moving out of our house and such, but in all our passion desire our time. Nothing belongs to us, It is all his. It is time to go to the cross and die. We need pick the bible and read it and willing to live it out. To delight and hunger after it. I have seen in my own life, how little I sought God is last few weeks. God pounds in my hearts, when will you die to these things and give them and seek again with your all. How long keep pounding in my heart, how long will I wait? Day My beloved day, lets seek him. Thank you brother. Lets Run, Lets give, Lets do feed and love others. We need stop with our selfcentered lives speaking of me. To be reaching out more.

In his love
charlene

2007/11/14 18:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy