SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Holy Benediction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

A Holy Benediction

"Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

-Ephesians 6:23

Dear friends,

As I was flying home today from the conference and spending some time in the word of God, this short verse stood out to me. And I wondered if there might not be a question in this verse for us all here, as we go forward after the conference, and particularly here in the forums.

And the question that I wondered upon was this: that could we write such as this at the end of our posts? Could we close our public remarks here with such a benediction, asking God to even own or acknowledge what we have written to this body?

"Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

At one point during the conference the question was asked how many of those there had been to Sermonindex; a great many, perhaps nearly all? raised their hands.

Certainly what we share here is before many.

Chris

2007/10/28 21:53Profile

Re: A Holy Benediction

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:

And the question that I wondered upon was this: that could we write such as this at the end of our posts? Could we close our public remarks here with such a benediction, asking God to even own or acknowledge what we have written to this body?

What a wonderful idea, brother Chris. I love flipping through the New Testament and seeing how the writers would end their letters. Those benedictions as you said.

Quote:

Certainly what we share here is before many.

Yes, yes indeed...sobering.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13

God be with you brothers and sisters.

~Joy

2007/10/29 20:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy