SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians and Yoga?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re:

Chanin (moreofHim) left some pretty good comments in the past on this topic:

(i) Pilates?
https://img.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic_pdf.php?topic_id=4888&forum=35

(ii) Christian Yoga?
https://img.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic_pdf.php?topic_id=5086&forum=35

I believe stretching exercises and breathing techniques are not spiritual exercises in themselves - athletes and vocal singers are well-acquainted with them after all. However, yoga and other eastern practices amalgamate these things with unbiblical ideas of 'spirituality', and to participate in them is to make ourselves vulnerable to deception (c.f. 1 Cor 10:12). There certainly are better alternatives around.

2014/8/1 13:48Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Very strong statements in these posts and it causes me to be reminded of something I keep hearing in my spirit.
'Seduction'

2014/8/1 16:36Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I did another session of yoga but one that was more stretching then the previous one. I went with my wife because I wanted to see more of this 'thing'. I will write about it on my blog. One thing is clear, it separates itself from other forms of stretching in that it focuses on letting all the stresses of life go and they tell you to focus on your breathing. Let everything be centered around your breathing. I continue to say it adds a spiritual element to it which means it is religious without any rules. So you really do open yourself up to deception if you abide by those characteristics which they gently push you to. I sing in my mind to God in Jesus while that 'nonsense' was going on.

At the very end the instructor puts her hand together in a prayer pose and says some word and then bows over while seated. I was full of sweat during the stretching. It kicked my butt!

John

2014/8/14 22:43Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I wrote a blog post about my yoga session. Please give it a look and give me some feedback on my presentation of it.

John

2014/8/15 9:08Profile
jimmyhudson

England

Re: Christians and Yoga?

I think Yoga means to "yoke with God." And as we know it isn't going to be God one is uniting with. Here is a testimony of someone who found she was uniting with demons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoclrFBqEBk

That said, I believe stretching is very beneficial to our bodies. I have a DVD by a well known UK soccer player and whilst it is purely stretching it does carry that label of Yoga.

God doesn't want me living in fear of stretching my body. My heart belongs to Jesus.

God Bless.

2014/8/16 13:12Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

DEADn if you where a Christian India this wouldn't make it to this post.

As you would see the yoga poses on temples there...

2014/8/16 21:08Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I watching that video and am investigating the meaning behind the poses. I already know that the meditation part of yoga stems from Hindu tradition. I am very curious to know about the yoga exercising and if they are open portals to the occult. My wife primarily does these moves even when she is at home. She doesn't do the meditation stuff they do. In the 2 sessions I have done it seems they take you through 10 minutes, at the beginning and at the end, to clear your mind, push away the stresses of the day and allow your body to relax. They will also inject taking in positive energy which should concern people but if you are spiritually ignorant it will fly right past a person.

2014/8/16 22:00Profile
brothagary

Re:

the clearing your mind and taking in postaive energy are openg the door to the powers of air they often pose as postive influenence

just doing the stretches and breathing acts to dunb the mind down to an alterd state of concence to make one supseptabe to spriual influence ,,normaly medatations would be a next step to dumb the mind further

2014/8/16 22:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote: "I am very curious to know about the yoga exercising and if they are open portals to the occult."

This sounds like the plot line of a HP Lovecraft or Stephen King story.

Do y'all really believe that doing a stretch opens a demonic "portal?"

I think certain things may (Ouija boards, e.g.) but a stretching exercise? I think THAT'S a stretch. If it does, there will be millions of demonic portals opened this week in health clubs, people's homes and even on high school football fields. Football players have to stretch, you know.

2014/8/17 12:08Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

quote: "I am very curious to know about the yoga exercising and if they are open portals to the occult."

This sounds like the plot line of a HP Lovecraft or Stephen King story.

Do y'all really believe that doing a stretch opens a demonic "portal?"

I think certain things may (Ouija boards, e.g.) but a stretching exercise? I think THAT'S a stretch. If it does, there will be millions of demonic portals opened this week in health clubs, people's homes and even on high school football fields. Football players have to stretch, you know.

I don't think that the stretching does open anything to the occult. The more concerning part is the meditative part of it. It seems very harmless until you begin hearing terms such as 'positive energy' and 'take in all the positive energy from around the room' type of thing. 10 minutes is taken to 'release the mind and body from stressers as well as the last 10 minutes. This is what I experienced anyway.

I think that to better understand it is to talk to those who got out of yoga and find out where the 'portal' begins? The stretching may be just a platform for the more serious stuff. You don't get that kind of thing with most other stretching. Usually you just do warm up and cool down exercises. Yoga it begins with the mind and relaxing the body in order to begin stretching.

John

2014/8/17 12:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy