SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preaching - Biblical or Not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jordanamo

Re: Preaching - Biblical or Not?

A lot of questions!

Concerning power point though-- No! That I find to be probably one of the most boring and ridiculous ways in which a sermon can be given. I heard an illustration on a blog-- what would Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream speech sound like with power point?

Jordan

2007/11/1 15:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
...what would Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream speech sound like with power point?

Incredibly tacky and not well done :-P

2007/11/1 16:57
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Mt 3:1 - Show Context
In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea,

Mt 4:23 - Show Context
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.

Mt 9:35 - Show Context
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Mt 12:41 - Show Context
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

Mr 1:4 - Show Context
John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mr 1:14 - Show Context
Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mr 1:39 - Show Context
And He was preaching in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and casting out demons.

Lu 3:3 - Show Context
And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins,

Lu 4:44 - Show Context
And He was preaching in the synagogues of Galilee.

Lu 8:1 - Show Context
Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him,

Lu 9:6 - Show Context
So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.

Lu 11:32 - Show Context
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

Ac 5:42 - Show Context
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Ac 8:4 - Show Context
Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.

Ac 8:25 - Show Context
So when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

Ac 10:36 - Show Context
The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ--He is Lord of all--

Ac 11:19 - Show Context
Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only.

Ac 11:20 - Show Context
But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus.

Ac 14:7 - Show Context
And they were preaching the gospel there.

Ac 15:35 - Show Context
Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

Ac 20:25 - Show Context
And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.

Ac 28:31 - Show Context
preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.

Ro 16:25 - Show Context
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began

1Co 2:4 - Show Context
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

1Co 15:14 - Show Context
And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.

Tit 1:3 - Show Context
but has in due time manifested His word through preaching, which was committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior

[url=http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/OldTestamentHebrew/heb.cgi?number=07150]Hebrew Word for Preaching[/url]

[url=http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/NewTestamentGreek/grk.cgi?number=2782]Greek Word for preaching[/url]

Is this really a debate

1Co 14:26 - Show Context
How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification

Preaching is gods way of glorifying him!!! Using our feeble knowledge of vocab and hoping that people listen to us and the holy spirit is there.

2007/11/1 19:52Profile

Re:

What really blessed me this morning was I was thinking about how the apostle Paul said that he rejoiced when Christ was preached. If the bible says the apostle Paul rejoiced over it we know that Christ rejoices all the more! :-)

To think that God is rejoicing everytime we witness to others brings me great joy!

Philippians 1:18
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

2007/11/4 8:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy