SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : tree of life (reply to 1another)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
baxter

tree of life (reply to 1another)

Hello, 1another. There is a discussion about this very topic going on here: http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/33069.html?1189570935 (conversation about "tree of life")

and here:

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/34130.html?1190743681 (tree of life)

I caution you to be careful getting involved with this man's teachings. It will have a profound negative effect on your spiritual life. It's like Snow White's apple: looks really good on the outside, but once you take a bite there's poison inside. "Long for the PURE milk of the WORD!" "God is not the author of confusion".

www.indianapoliscult.com

2007/10/20 18:37Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: tree of life (reply to 1another)

Hello baxter, I found that site http://www.allathisfeet.com/ some months ago and what I have read so far, have been blessed.

Could you give some more informations and enlightening about the false teachings and poison of that fellowship? It will be good if you have them from first hand, if not, list some main concerns about them, here?

We would be very grateful.
Thank you,
Kire

[b]Edit[/b]: I removed some parts of the post, because I just realized it was unrelated with this fellowship, I have replaced unwillingly with other fellowship that I have read on factnet. Forgive me.

2007/10/20 18:53Profile
1another

Re:

Have a nice day and God's Blessings

2007/10/20 19:37Profile
baxter

Re: allathisfeet website

Hello, Kire,

I posted a couple of links in my last reply that have many first-hand testimonies (including many of my own on factnet).

http://indianapoliscult.com/AllatMikesfeet/welcome.aspx

If you look over much of the testimonies on the above link, you will see that many where "blessed" at FIRST by what they were hearing...unfortunately they all take a dire turn of spiritual torment and despair. It's the terrible control issues and brainwashing and mental manipulations that are the "poison". If you look at my post on the factnet site, and look closely at the "Tree of Life" teaching, you will see the subtle manipulating in that teaching. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read the scriptures, just the gentle guidance of the Holy Spirit. We have the mind of Christ. Let the Holy Spirit guide you into all truth and PRAY that God will reveal to you whether or not Mike's teachings are a path to venture down and WAIT on Him to make it clear. There is enough out there to question whether or not this is of God. And as a dear sister said on factnet...

"I am so heartbroken over this testimony.

When will is end?

I am mostly heartbroken for this young wife who like the real Eve in Genesis was created as a helpmeet out of the rib of Adam. Made to be special companions together, this young wife is being told that the way God made her is sin. Every young wife/mother to be needs to prepare for birth, and spend alone time with her husband. THE TWO SHAL BECOME ONE!!! I am so sad over the dividing of marriages. God can heal this, I can testify. But the pain that she is feeling cuts me to the heart.
This testimony is similar to many others from different people and different places who don't know eachother. Let this be a wake-up call to those reading this who are still involved. May God give you eyes to see.
Some truths about the state of organized religion or a revelationary way to look at different expressions of Christ's body are not enough for us to ignore the red flags and blaring destruction caused by this group and it's teachings. I have been and I have seen others who are so zealous over a new revelation that they become blind to the obvious contradictions and false teachings that are twisted in. Remember, there is always a bit of truth mixed in with huge deception. Don't always listen to the words they may say but catch the essence of the heart.
Encouraging someone to repent, take up the cross, or give up all for Christ is all part of the Christian's journey but be very careful about the context in which these things are said. For this group these are "catch phrases" attached to obeying one of their rules of MAN (Mike Peters). This is also very common for cults, they use biblical terms and lingo mixed with false doctrines. Most JW's say they are living for God's kingdom, too.
We have to be so discerning when it comes to what I call bible based cults (CII) because the subtleties are sometimes hard to recognize until it's too late.
This woman who posted from FL has done the best thing in my opinion. She has not ignored her initial red flags. I am so thankful for her heart and the wisdom God's given her that she cannot ignore!

I pray for the freedom of this young couple."
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:03 pm: by graceisenough http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/30328.html?1182569563

2007/10/20 20:41Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Sorry wrong thread. Deleted, Eddie

2007/10/21 7:13Profile
baxter

Re:

tears of joy, I thought I would include a short example of something "specific" in regard to the teaching that is dangerous with this group as per your request. Following is a quote from the teaching "How to Eat from the Tree of Life"..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" (Prov. 3:5). Do not trust in your scriptural understanding. That is so vital. What you think you know, you are probably wrong about. But that is not the point. You tell me what you believe in—predestination or no predestination and I will logically prove to you the opposite. You tell me if you believe in a thousand-year reign or not, in post-millennial or a-millennial or pre-millennial, and I will prove the other two to you. Everything is like that. You prove to me baptism is necessary for salvation, and I will prove to you it's not. Or, take your pick. Go the other way, and I will prove to you that it is necessary! The nature of God is not to be found in leaning on our own understanding. That is not the nature of God. What that does is create wars, rifts, bitterness, competitiveness, envy, faultfinding, arrogance, and fear. If I have a 42 IQ and you have 120 IQ, I am in big trouble if we are going to try to find God together because you are going to intimidate me to death with your scriptural knowledge. I'm not going to know what to do with that. BUT, that's not God's way."

As you can see by this teaching the author has already attempted to undermine your understanding of God, His Word, AND a person's ability to hear his voice. That is SO contrary to the scriptures. This IS part of this author's brainwashing technique of which I have personally experience with great spiritual, emotional, and mental harm. If you buy into this, you will NOT trust in your understanding of the scriptures or your ability to hear God apart from the author and his elite followers.

John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."

One of the MAJOR differences between this author and the early leaders, is they had confidence in the Holy Spirit's ability to lead, guide, and teach; they never say any such thing. Read the New Testament and see if you come away with this sort of manipulation. Mike wants people to think they are unable to know truth or God apart from himself. That's one major reason why people email, call and visit him night and day cause they can't think for themselves or trust in their ability to have a relationship apart from him and his followers. And that's where he gets his control over your life.

2007/10/21 7:54Profile

Hi baxter,

I read some of the thread you linked in your second post, and having been in a cultish setting recognise the nuances which you are drawing out. These kind of teachers, like paedophiles, have amazing patience. Part of what keeps them going is the challenge of continually edging people off what they thought they knew, onto what the teacher tells them they need to know 'if' they are going to know God.

Another thing they do is hold up their relationship with God as the prime example of knowing Him, like they are the star of this generation, making everyone feel dependent - not on God, but on the teacher himself. That he is a mere human with only the same access as everyone else, slowly fades into irrelevance as their larger-than-life claims erode and take up space in the emotional energy of the learners.

As I read, I was reminded of an excellent clip from CS Lewis, which someone posted on SI recently, called 'The Inner Ring'. If I can find it I'll point you to it. What fascinates me is how Lewis puts into words the process, whilst maintaining distance and (therefore), personal (emotional and spiritual) liberty.

([i]Edited by moderator[/i])

2007/10/21 9:00
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Grievous

Dear Baxter,

Spent a considerable amount of time reading through all these things yesterday; The links, the forum ...

Truly, this is all very grievous and even difficult to comment on. More than a few are familiar with the website and have drawn some very good things, myself included. I do thank you for bringing this forward to our attention.

Having said that, hope you will also understand that this particular forum is not a good place to begin rehashing all these things, grievous as they are. The links will remain, but need to lock this off.

2007/10/21 9:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy