SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : about the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
1another

about the Bible

I deleted the article that I had posted. I was hoping that by sharing it I might gain insights from other brothers and sisters here. I thought it was a good article and challenging but I do not want to get caught up in discussion/gossip about people that I do not even know.

your sis in Christ

2007/10/20 13:55Profile
1another

Re: about the Bible

deleted

2007/10/20 13:58Profile
1another

Re:

deleted

2007/10/20 14:00Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Our thoughts ...

Dear brother\sister, who wrote this? (The whole of it).

Quote:
Read 1 Corinthians 2:3-16 with special focus on verse 14—“I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” If you were to really look at that carefully, I think what you would find is that Paul is saying, “I was scared that I might persuade you by my human wisdom. It’s not meant to be that way. It’s meant to be a gift from God and not by my persuasion, not by my logic, not by reason.”

Had to make mention of this as I had just been musing on it a few minutes ago in the shower. It is beyond ironic ... This is very much not only what I find, but also that which I share in.

So far am finding this ... very good.

2007/10/20 14:46Profile
1another

Re:

Sorry

2007/10/20 16:31Profile
baxter

Hello, 1another. There is a discussion about this very topic going on here: http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/33069.html?1189570935 (conversation about "tree of life")

and here:

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/34130.html?1190743681 (tree of life)

I caution you to be careful getting involved with this man's teachings. It will have a profound negative effect on your spiritual life. It's like Snow White's apple: looks really good on the outside, but once you take a bite there's poison inside. "Long for the PURE milk of the WORD!" "God is not the author of confusion".

www.indianapoliscult.com

2007/10/20 18:28Profile
baxter

I appreciate your heart 1another. I know you asked for insight into that article. So as one who has sat under the teachings with devastating effects, I share this comment...Following is a quote from "How to eat from the tree of Life"..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" (Prov. 3:5). Do not trust in your scriptural understanding. That is so vital. What you think you know, you are probably wrong about. But that is not the point. You tell me what you believe in—predestination or no predestination and I will logically prove to you the opposite. You tell me if you believe in a thousand-year reign or not, in post-millennial or a-millennial or pre-millennial, and I will prove the other two to you. Everything is like that. You prove to me baptism is necessary for salvation, and I will prove to you it's not. Or, take your pick. Go the other way, and I will prove to you that it is necessary! The nature of God is not to be found in leaning on our own understanding. That is not the nature of God. What that does is create wars, rifts, bitterness, competitiveness, envy, faultfinding, arrogance, and fear. If I have a 42 IQ and you have 120 IQ, I am in big trouble if we are going to try to find God together because you are going to intimidate me to death with your scriptural knowledge. I'm not going to know what to do with that. BUT, that's not God's way."

As you can see by this teaching the author has already attempted to undermine your understanding of God, His Word, AND a person's ability to hear his voice. That is SO contrary to the scriptures. This IS part of this author's brainwashing technique of which I have personally experience with great spiritual, emotional, and mental harm. If you buy into this, you will NOT trust in your understanding of the scriptures or your ability to hear God apart from the author and his elite followers.

John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."

One of the MAJOR differences between this author and the early leaders, is they had confidence in the Holy Spirit's ability to lead, guide, and teach. He* wants people to think they are unable to know truth or God apart from himself. That's one major reason why people email, call and visit him night and day cause they can't think for themselves or trust in their ability to have a relationship apart from him and his followers.

I just wanted you to be warned...I have seen tremendous damage in peoples lives once they got involved.

(*[i]Moderator edit[/i])

2007/10/20 21:05Profile
1another

Re:

Baxter

Thank you(brother/sister) for your concern. I do appreciate what you had to say however I do not want to get caught up in gossiping or talking about people who are not here to defend themselves. I do not think that would be right. Many of the articles are very good. Most of what I have read has blessed us greatly so having said that I will not post to this any further. I just wanted to make it cleat that I took the article down because I did not want to be apart of any strife among the brothers and sisters not because I think there is anything to fear in the teachings at this website.

Have a blessed day
Your sis in Christ

2007/10/21 1:03Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

The personifying of God in us is a work of God. I felt the nature of God reflected in your replies and those of Baxter and Mike’s. 1another not everything I have posted on SI met your high standards and I truly regret that.

2007/10/21 7:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20183&forum=36]tree of life (reply to 1another)[/url]

The link above covers this, and this thread will also be locked.

2007/10/21 9:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy