SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Revival Hymn DVD cover and booklet.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Maybe you can email me the text that you used?

Hi Mrs Fred, the text is available on this site here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1573&forum=40]"The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription[/url] you can email Mike on that thread and ask for the word document ;-)

2004/7/10 19:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Mrs. Fred
Check your email :-)

2004/7/11 0:37Profile
psalm121

Re: Revival Hymn DVD cover and booklet.

Can I get a Word version of the text?

mruse@houston.rr.com

Mike Ruse

2004/7/11 12:50Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: revival hymn mailings

Quote:
Hi Brother Ron, I have finished it and gotten 500 copies made for all the Revival Hymns I am producing here and giving out to primarly pastors in Canada.

Greg, I'm curious as to what kind of response you have received from pastors who receieved your Revival Hymn discs.

I recently put one together with the DVD case and transcript and gave it to an assistant pastor at my church and asked for approval to distribute it for free at our church bookstore. He denied my request and said he felt the compilation was too "dark" and would scare alot of people! I'm perplexed that he finds this convicting message to be scary and dark. :-( It was enlightening to me, especially Ten Shekels.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/7/29 15:40Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I'm perplexed that he finds this convicting message to be scary and dark. It was enlightening to me, especially Ten Shekels.

Wow! I was just getting ready to make some up to pass out at our annual youth camp to the campers. I would say also that it is not 'dark'- what people repulse is its great 'LIGHT.' It is like the beginning of it states-- AWAKE- AWAKE-- and many would just sleep on...

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/7/29 15:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I recently put one together with the DVD case and transcript and gave it to an assistant pastor at my church and asked for approval to distribute it for free at our church bookstore. He denied my request and said he felt the compilation was too "dark" and would scare alot of people! I'm perplexed that he finds this convicting message to be scary and dark.

Yes sadly there was not near as much response as I would think there would be. I spoke to 2 pastors on the phone only and got NO emails :-( yes many seem to be turned off somehow by it and want to continue in their lukewarm state of religion leading others in the same direction. If you will notice I am starting a 'sialkot prayer intiative' I have concluded that the best thing we can do as being weary of the state of Christians is pray and pray earnestly for revival.

2004/7/29 17:56Profile
arielle

usa

Re:

hello!

about this dvd...
it is not the message, the message is what needs to be heard. i have to honestly say that the dvd cover is not only dark but, to me...looks a little dead. the first time i layed my eyes on this picture i thought of them as ghosts...cultic?...a bit scary. it needs to be a little lighter...a little more alive like the sermon :-)

i, myself would surely question this if i had never heard the sermon before. people need to see His life and light in the cover, then maybe they will accept this more. His life and light shines through this message...why not the cover?

just a thought...(not meaning to offend!)

let His light shine bright in all we do †

in Jesus,
arielle

2004/7/29 18:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
i, myself would surely question this if i had never heard the sermon before. people need to see His life and light in the cover, then maybe they will accept this more. His life and light shines through this message...why not the cover?

Thanks for the comments sister! I think he was refering to the audio it self as giving a dark kind of feeling from it. I think the cover is nice its a prayer meeting in the book of acts chapter 2 and where God comes down on the people in the form of tongues of fire. I am trying to stay away from it looking to professional and having to much showmanship. I know most of the speakers where not into glamour or showyness in the pulpit but rather the word of God preached with unction (no special effects). Like Leonard Ravenhill said 'our pulpits are filled with puppets not prophets'. I like the dark, earthy rugged look of the cover its how Christianity started ;-) thanks for the comments though arielle I am sure the cover could look different but I am really not trying to please men but God and I felt led to use that image so if pastors don't like it .. ummm to bad :-P You could always re-do the cover if you are going to hand it out to friends or other people.

2004/7/29 18:41Profile
Danski

Re:

The question has to be asked "who are we trying to reach with this message"? I would have to assume that we are trying to spread the Revival Hymm throughout the churches that are lost and need to hear the truth. Unfortunately these types of churches are caught up with the worlds way of marketing and promotion. This includes the pastors as well.

The first thing that has to be acheived is generating interest from the start. When a pastor or ordinary christian sees the CD cover, it has to create interest for them to even begin to consider listening to it.

I hate to suggest this method of presentation but it's what's inside that counts. If the CD cover was maybe a little more inviting but not necessarily glamorous, I feel that your response may have had greater success.

Just because you didn't get much feedback this time around, I think that if it was presented differently you would get more response if you decided to do it again. Some people may have looked at it and never opened and listened to it.

I have passed out numerous copies of the Revival Hymm and I will continue to do so. Thanks for having it available for us.

2004/7/29 19:16Profile
DocHifi

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Well, I used Ian Paisley's "Awake!" quote in Sunday School last Sunday, and my pastor is interested in the content. All in all the content would be better if it were of higher quality so it could be heard better. I am assuming some of the original tapes or recordings were not good quality and have probably been recorded down so that they are heavily digitized.

As Ian says, though, most Christians don't want to wake up. I believe it was Moody that said if you want revival, draw a circle on the floor, fall on your knees in it and pray for revival until it comes. When it comes to you, there will be revival.

2004/8/10 10:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy