SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preparing for Revival Conferance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
markhamJ

walikington

what did this person do? seems like everyone is willing to kill them rather than save them and has them already in hell. thier posts say they repented so what did they do that was so wrong that you have them in hell?i think ill do a search on this person and learn more, maybe i can help.

2007/10/25 1:11Profile
truth1

Re:

Quote:
Spitfire wrote:

Quote:
I don't come in here very often anymore, but this last exchange is deeply grievous to me. I have to wonder what's going on in Canton. This kind of thing is frightening. Is there anyone we can trust? Is there anyone who is a friend of God? Is the whole world abandoned to godlessness? Are we all just living in our own delusions?

The charge will be how dare anyone comment on or question Canton this week…. But it seems not everyone is comfortable with something that as of yet is hard to identify. Can anyone relate?

Just asking, please a simple question need not be construed as quenching the Spirit. What is God-Ordained must be supported.

2007/10/25 1:58Profile

Re:

truth1 said:

Quote:
Spitfire wrote:
Quote:
I don't come in here very often anymore, but this last exchange is deeply grievous to me. I have to wonder what's going on in Canton. This kind of thing is frightening. Is there anyone we can trust? Is there anyone who is a friend of God? Is the whole world abandoned to godlessness? Are we all just living in our own delusions?

The charge will be how dare anyone comment on or question Canton this week…. But it seems not everyone is comfortable with something that as of yet is hard to identify. Can anyone relate?

Yes I can, and I'm not even there.

Could you expand on what you believe is "off"?

2007/10/25 3:26
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Revival Conference

Quote:
Yes I can, and I'm not even there.

After 3 days of true unity across such a wide spectrum of similar yet diviging truths, of true spiritual, as well as practical cooperation ...

Many of you cannot know the things that have gone on here, what might be going on behind the scenes as it were. There are a number of posts here that could be commented on ... But there was a [i]repentance[/i]. It is enough.

Examine your own hearts.

... and words

2007/10/26 0:46Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Revival Conference

I have been thinking and praying about this post for many days. I think that there is much we can learn from this brothers and sisters. Or at least I have learn lots. Thanks to the grace of God. I would like to share with you all the things God has showed in these last few days. This isn't pointed at anyone, a just a lesson to take to heart.

A Message that Tim Referred to by Ken Sande on Church Discipline:
1. http://www.tucsonsovgrace.org/pages/index.php?pID=575&PHPSESSID=e2c883abded018938cd0c21aed2d3f10

I have also attached a brochure that summarizes the main principles from the "Peacemaker" book by Ken Sande to help in dealing with Conflict Resolution in a Biblical way.

I write not to come against a brother, but to share my story of Gods faithful love. I come to tell of God has favor on those who obey. Brother and Sister I know you love me and stood, where I was called to bow down and say nothing. If I had I would given into the flesh and my mission would have been hindered. I step back to pray. There is much unspoken, and many things have happened. I have wept.
But I have forgiven him, and I ask you will to. And I ask that we will pray for our brother, as I will.

Now my beloved this what I have learn may it bless you as it has me.

But I must beg all, whenever we are angry with another brother and sister lets be biblical.

"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."
-Matthew 18:15-17

“When I first entered upon the work of the ministry among you, I was exceedingly ignorant of the vast importance of church discipline. I thought that my great and almost only work was to pray and preach. I saw your souls to be so precious, and the time so short, that I devoted all my time, and care, and strength, to labor in word and doctrine. When cases of discipline were brought before me and the elders, I regarded them with something like abhorrence. It was a duty I shrank from; and I may truly say it nearly drove me from the work of the ministry among you altogether. But it pleased God, who teaches His servants in another way than man teaches, to bless some of the cases of discipline to the manifest and undeniable conversion of the souls of those under our care; and from that hour a new light broke in upon my mind, and I saw that if preaching be an ordinance of Christ, so is church discipline. I now feel very deeply persuaded that both are of God – that two keys are committed to us by Christ: the one the key of doctrine, by means of which we unlock the treasures of the Bible; the other the key of discipline, by which we open or shut the way to the sealing ordinances of the faith. Both are Christ’s gift, and neither is to be resigned without sin.”
- Robert Murray M’Cheyne

What is Biblical Correction in the Body of Christ?
There has been many times over and over we come to this. People say anything against us, or we say towards someone else the wrong way. We go behind there back, or email or prayer against them in from t of others. I am guilty as I am sure many us are.
Looking at Matthew 18..
these are just the notes I took from this sermon
http://www.tucsonsovgrace.org/pages/index.php?pID=574

I am seeing that When we go a brother or sister with correction it is a gift if done in a right way, when done wrong it is a sin, and bring pain and hurt to the body.

- When a brother sins against us, we are to go the them alone..

Please lets do it the bible ways. This seems to the most saddest thing when do not obey the bibles ways. So lets encourage each others, to go first to the person. Lets stand up against this brothers and sister. If a person come at us saying something about someone lets be quick to point them to go to that person and speak with them. Don't LISTEN!! Tell them to go to that person and if the person don’t listen then they may come back. Let help the body by not LISTING

are we not Guilty? Of going behind others back and speaking about them? Don't we know how hurtful this is to the body? Don't we know this not love at all? loving the body my beloved when we going behind others to tear them down is not love. I have done this am I guilty? May God help me to speak with pure lips at all times. So this dear sister came by tonight to say she was sorry she heard a person belittle me telling to careful, saying I was off. Now this sister has something towards, me. She went behind my back to tell others, yet never told me. When we do this beloved we only bring greater broken to the body of Christ. Awake Beloved this is wrong, and it must hurtful to many. God say go to them alone.

We are called to love one another, but how can we love when we are tearing each other down? We most not let sin destroy us. Let go to each other.

When we fail to go we come to all kind of false ideas of that person. I ask the question how many times have we thought someone meant this or that, and when you get all the fact you are WRONG. I know I have been many times. Lets be wise and ans ask lots of questions first.
Misunderstanding do come, that is why we are to go to them first and alone.. Lets be wise and truly love one another. When speak against another behind there back, it is not love.

When a person see another in sin the most loving thing we can do is to go to them, with a loving and gentle spirit to show them hey you are off.
It is Gods way of using the body to kill a sin that could grow bigger. So when we don’t go we fail to express our love for them.
- But we must go with first looking at self, log in own eye. and with a humble spirit. We need to go with a humble spirit and we need have a humble spirit when another comes at us. are we willing to expect the corrections?
- We need Gods grace to be humble.
- We need a right picture of Sin. Sin is evil wicked the thing that brought Christ to the Cross. Sin is no small thing. Sin is huge. Sin is what brake fellowship, when we are unwilling to obey and turn from sin. When you want to be right. We are blind to our blindness we need each other to show us, where we are getting off.
- What lies do we believe that we are unwilling to go and tell another their sin?
- its unkind
- God will change them
- Its risky
- I am I willing to take the chance of losing a friend, to more loving and show them where they are off.

Think on this, Jesus Christ came to the world to point out Sin.
James 1:9
when bring a brother back from sinning cover many sins...- it is seen as compassionate and kind to go and bring correction to a brother.

But why alone? How often do we follow this?
Do we go to the person first?
I need to repent of not going to them first.
Or not going to a brother who is in Sin.
It say in Gal 6.. if brother in sin, he who is spiritual , to correct with gentle spirit?

-Gods order is we go first to our brother alone..

If we don’t repent, or listen then we go to get others.

It seen has a case Prov 9:8
porv 29:5
Rebuke better hidden love

Peace makers- say that they see as someone is in great need and are going to save them. They take the risk. Our love is not deep if we are not willing to go and bring correction when a brother has sinned towards you, or you see on the path of sin. You are no help to them, if they blind are about to walk in the water and you say nothing. We are blind. We need each to point out our sins.

If they don’t listen to others, then to the Church.
If they don’t repent then we see as unbelievers,

2007/10/29 16:57Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Again I am not speaking to point fingers but What God did through this.

Lets us be careful brothers and sister with our words. You never know how our words will be on another.

To speak of Gods faithfulness through this all.

I know your hearts sisters and brothers. I must say my beloved your words kept me from disappearing. Oh my whole week was hard, my health making me weak. It seems Satan pain was to use it stop me form praying and he will use whatever he can. Misunderstanding. To get me question my prayers. Why was I here? I wanted to go home. Then the fear came in me. My beloved your words were sweet to my heart. This why I plea with you all, how a few words can be hurtful.

I fall to my knees weeping. Oh God are you with me. I feel so alone here. I cry out to you, hear my plea. Hear this my beloved God knows my heart. I ask my God to take my case.

Beloved a great lesson at hand, Do we raise to tear down? or so we as well be humble? Do we go to the brother who has sinned against you? I was to go. But I was fearful as I often I am with guys. So I too let misunderstanding build, and
I am sure if I had went to my brother sooner and been clear with what I was doing this could of been stopped?

I ask God is my prayers honoring to you? Father do my prayers have power? He made it clear beloved I was here to pray, through rain and fire. No matter what I was to set my face and pray. I had health limitations which was a huge struggle for me. But I was there for one reason will I obey? Keep your eyes on me. Sadly beloved when there are misunderstand and hurts with brothers or sisters. It can hinder each to do what God wants us to do. That why we must humble and ask to be forgive quickly. We should not wait even a hour. We do not want to hinder each but help each other. That’s why having a humble and forgiving spirit is best.

Let us be very careful what or how we judge others. Don’t judge until you have all the facts.

If you have a problem with someone take care of it..I have learned when we are hurt, and we hold back to speak. What happens bitterness and anger builds. Oh beloved, I confess my fear of man. Kept me to go and speak with my brother. Fear I will be misunderstood. But any problem needs to be taken care of right away.

On Tuesday, I met the 6 men form canon prayer union. They welcome me in. They said they would look after me. It seem at that moment my fear of men went away. God had sent others who would look after me. God clearly said through them, that I am God. I am going to watch over you. Noting will happen to you. I am your God even when are among many you don’t know I am with you. It was God saying I am your father, and he sent me father like men, who look after me. These men didn’t know me, yet God confirmed in my heart that prayers were honoring and in truth. They told they were blessed by me praying with them. Then soon after a Pastor came up to me and said it would be there honor to have go and pray in front of all the people. I was shocked, yet I laughed. God was smiling down. Saying dear daughter I love you. Now go and pray. You have found favor in my sight by your prayers. All I could do was praise my God. I was humble to be God servant. He heard my prayer, he spoke yes I hear your prayers and they are pleasing to me. Oh beloved how I will love to share so much more, But this my prayer.

Beloved even we are 1% wrong lets go and make it right. They may be unchanged, but it always right to obey the voice of God. I was in prayer room. Four of us were praying repenting of sins. I knew oh my heart was still bitter, it still hurt. I wanted all misunderstanding to be cleared. See I had done wrong against my brother. I failed to tell what I was doing. I confess fear was a base for most of it, I am always so fearful I will be hurt. I got upset, angry, and talking about to others. I wanted others to see and know what He did. And yet as we were praying. God said are you not greatly sadden by your sins? They said no you go and we will pray for you. I had no choice I guess. I had to my part, one can’t wait to for the other. I walked by saying oh no I can’t do this.. Then I walked into the other prayer room. Yeah the guys were there from canton prayer union. They gather around me and pray for me. See how weak I am.. After that I was able to and say I was sorry for any misunderstanding. I walked back with a new power and strength to pray.

I am thankful for Gods faithfulness.

In his love
charlene

Ask rain from the Lord

in the seasons of the springs rain. From the Lord who makes the storm clouds and he will give showers of rain to everyone the vegeatation in the feild. Zeh 10:1-2

" if you will see God and plead with te Almighty for mercy if you are pure and upright surely then he will

rouse himself for you and restore your rightful habitation and though your beginging was small your latter days will be very great" Job 8:5

" You shall not wrong one another but you shall fear your God for I am the Lord your God"

Be holy as He is Holy , consecrate keep statutes

He has separated from the world, Lev 19:1-2, Lev 20:7-9 ,19:24 ,

not profane his name, lev21: 6 22:1-2 , 24:13-16

Love neighbor Lev 19:18

Fear God, not do wrong to others. Help the poor not with hold anything Lev 25:17 Lev 25:35-38

Cast idols away Lev 26:1

Pride and power- discipline His children-Lev 26:18-20

Disobey, walk contrary, Not listen- Lev 26:21, 26:27-31

Confession- 26:40-41

Loving God with all soul mind heart- deu 6:5

greatest in the Kingdom?
Those like little Children humble like a child

How many times do we forgive someone?

70 times 70

All things are possible with God

Do I think I am better then I am ?

Who I am in Gods eyes?

How do I forgive?

How can I be used by God in mighty ways?

Fill with power

Remember my joy

Rejoice

2007/10/29 17:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy