SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What fruit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
thevoice

What fruit?

The scriptures below (Genesis 3:1-7) refers to fruit. What fruit? I have seen it said some place that it was an apple. If so is it the same apple we have or it was different?

Any insight will be helpful.

GENESIS 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

GENESIS 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

GENESIS 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

GENESIS 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

GENESIS 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

GENESIS 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

GENESIS 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

2004/5/21 14:28Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: What fruit?

some answers are best left unsaid.

2004/5/21 14:40Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Ummm... and why is this important? Just wondering. [laughs] I remember when my youth pastor taught this, he said it was a persimmon just because he hates those. I thought it was funny. I, uh, don't really think that detail matters. Why do you want to know?

2004/5/21 14:59Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

No Idea!

It doesn't say. I think people just use an apple as an example cause it's the most common fruit. Everyone knows what an apple looks and tastes like. It must have been pretty tasty and appealing though...

2004/5/21 14:59Profile
thevoice

I had also read somehwere that it was sex. not sure if the serpent was a man tho? or a beast has sex with Eve?

2004/5/22 0:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I had also read somehwere that it was sex. not sure if the serpent was a man tho? or a beast has sex with Eve?

That is uncalled for and definetly NOT in scripture you are saying things that are NOT from God and from the spirit of truth. This is a warning against saying things that will just cause dissension and making peoples thoughts go into places where it should not even be. Did not paul the apostle say its shameful to even mention some of the practices of heathen and to suggest eve partook of sin with an animal is digusting and vulgur and care not to have that come up or anything like it in these forums again. :-?

2004/5/22 0:59Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

The suggestion would be consistent with the strange "serpent-seed" doctrine taught by (if I recall correctly) William Branham in his later years. I don't think the suggestion was intended to be wantonly vulgar, if the poster was familiar with Branhamite teaching, but I'd be very wary of anyone believing it (it includes a rejection of the doctrine of the Trinity, a somewhat moderate form of Jesus-only).

2004/5/22 1:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The suggestion would be consistent with the strange "serpent-seed" doctrine taught by (if I recall correctly) William Branham in his later years.

Yes I am fully aware of this and I am [b]not[/b] at all accepting of these teachings and really dont think its benefical to discuss them. There is a clear falsity in much of brahams later teachings and I would go within a yard stick of them. There are many cults, false teachers, and doctrines that really are distractions. I think one of the main purposes of sermonindex is to allow the body of Christ to regain and understand some vital truths that have been lost. Discussing topics such as revival, prayer, holiness, judgement are much more benefical than entertaining obviously false and misleading doctrines. I am hoping I don't sound to harsh but the days are short and I am zealous for the truth to be shown and come to fruition in all our hearts.

2004/5/22 1:52Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

I agree the teaching is wildly heretical and grotesque. I feel the same zeal that people not fall for falsehood.

Let us simply expose and deal with the false as it comes up, teaching sound doctrine whenever we can.

May God guide us, in Spirit and Truth.

2004/5/22 2:02Profile
KeithLaMothe

A more interesting (to me) matter comes from here:

Quote:
GENESIS 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, [b]Ye shall not surely die[/b]

I believe we're hearing this same lie today, indeed often we're flooded by it, under the title "Once Saved, Always Saved."

2004/5/22 2:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy