· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Who has read Philip Schaff's history?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Who has read Philip Schaff's history?

I am considering Schaff's history of the Christian Church. If I buy it, I intend to read the whole thing, so it's no small commitment. I am somewhat acquainted with the bare basics of Church history, and am wondering if others have found his work to be both beneficial and doctrinally sound.

PS: Especially interested to know the views of some of the reformed-minded posters.

Thanks!

2007/10/17 1:22Profile
theopenlife

Re: Who has read Philip Schaff's history?

One time bump*

No one?

2007/10/17 14:01Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: P. Schaff’s history.

I have his history along with others such as Edesheims, Nathan Bang, William Hetherington, and etc. You spoke of an investment. I dont know how much you are contemplating spending, but you can purchase all these histories and much more very economically from Ages Software. http://www.ageslibrary.com.
I have read some of Schaffs history just for research, not all the way through as I did Gibbons Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, and other histories. This site will give you all you need for church history. I recommend the Master Library. If I may be of assistance you can PM me or email jmusicct@yahoo.com.

Clint

20For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

blog:http://wmchristianfellowship.wordpress.com/

2007/11/10 1:18Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy