SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born of water

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Blazed, what are you on fire for God about?

You know, I'm pretty heavily involved in the missions community and nothing gets me more stoked than to meet someone who is on fire for the Lord.

Honestly, someone who spends their whole life bickering about doctrinal issues to me is very irritating! Especially one so contentious as baptism. (and I'm a Baptist!)

Oswald Chambers wrote in the Utmost passage yesterday 'The test of my love for Jesus is the practical one, all the rest is sentimental jargon.'

Is your fire for Jesus just sentimental jargon?!

If you love Jesus, instead of cutting up his sheep, how about feeding them. How about some edifying conversation. You don't think this is argueing, but go and look at the tone of your posts for the last several days.

Your 'fire' isn't doing anything except burning other Christian brothers.

True fire from the Lord manifests itself in a life of compassion, mercy, sacrifice and grace. If I'm wrong about you, please tell me... but if you want to claim 'fire' or being 'blazed by God' show me some fruit!

William Booth wrote a song called 'send the fire!' William Booth lived in aflame every day, and his life was manifest in compassion towards the poor and zeal for God among the heathens. People who are genuinely on fire for the Lord seek out those on fire, irregardless of doctrinal or denominational backgrounds... your fire seems to be man-made, because you're so forcefully proclaiming your denominational and doctrinal superiority.

My 2 cents.

2007/10/19 14:40Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

one more post

2007/10/19 14:42Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
BlazedbyGod wrote:
*I was not signifying that the " remission of sins" part must be said, I was signifying the name of Jesus in some form MUST be said.

Why must it be [b]said[/b].
Some times I end prayer with only "amen" but it is [b]done[/b] in His name.

I would re-frase your quote to one small change of a word, "I was not signifying that the " remission of sins" part must be said, I was signifying the name of Jesus in some form MUST be [b]done[/b]."

2007/10/19 14:58Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

"Honestly, someone who spends their whole life bickering about doctrinal issues to me is very irritating! Especially one so contentious as baptism. (and I'm a Baptist!)"

It seems to me that you are upset about my love and passion for the NAME OF JESUS (not just simply baptism).

My fire for the Lord, is a holy zeal according to KNOWLEDGE.

"Your 'fire' isn't doing anything except burning other Christian brothers."

Who have I burned-or are you just prejudging me, even as you did early by saying " I am bickering"

"People who are genuinely on fire for the Lord seek out those on fire, irregardless of doctrinal or denominational backgrounds... your fire seems to be man-made, because you're so forcefully proclaiming your denominational and doctrinal superiority."

Tell me one time did I lift up any denomination or my denominination as you say. Or did I simply proclaim the name of Jesus Christ? Who have I forced to do anything or believe what I know is truth?

In this very post I have been called:
1 hereitcal
2.to be bickering
3.of man-made fire
4. and to be forcefully proclaiming denominatl teaching (yet I have never spoken of any denomination)

Yet, I have not done any of these to no one in this post.

I guess if I was to equate, I would find there is no love for me from the people who have posted in this particular thread. Yet I am the one accused of all....

:-)

2007/10/19 15:07Profile
Everett

West Bloomfield, MI

Re:

Glory Hallelujah! Like I said before it is good to hear from a apostolic brother speaking the truth. Finally I hear someone talking in my language. I once said the same thing. This is awesome. Yes the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the gift of salvation, it is the spirit of Christ himself who is eternal life. To everyone born of the spirit there is a sound, there is a wind and this sound, this wind just happens to produce an utterance in us in which the spirit of God enables once he takes residence. Speaking in tongues is not a gift. Many Holy Spirit beleivers speak in tongues without the gift of diverse tongues b/c the gift of diverse tongues is used primarily in the public setting and it is not a "you and God conversation" like one would use in prayer or worship but it is a "God speaking through you to convey a message to the church or to an unsaved person" conversation.

Keep on speaking the truth Blaze. I love the truth!

2007/10/19 15:16Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

My frustration stems from the fact that despite your claim to be zealous about Jesus, your comments over the past several days show that you're just another [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll]internet troll[/url].

I'm tired of people on this forum (and you're only the most recent of many) who join only to start trouble. Your comments over the past several days haven't been edifying and haven't added at all to the community.

The point of this forum is not bickering over minor points of scripture, but instead encouraging those who are genuinely seeking a deeper relationship with Jesus. If you want to argue doctrine there will be people here on this forum willing to walk that path with you, but I'm simply tired and voicing my frustration.

I have been pretty harsh, but I've given you the opportunity to show some fruit, and you answered back with the same sarcasm and proud tone that has defined your other posts until this moment.

Trust me when I say this, you're not the only person on this forum 'blazed for God,' but when you act like you are, you betray ignorance to all those around you. You have to realize that this forum represents many different denominations and hundreds of different doctrinal views... the second you start ranting about one doctrinal view over all others you are basically telling the rest of the forum that they're going to hell.

We are all brothers and sisters in Christ here, we all proclaim the same Jesus (hopefully) and we all desire to see revival. Please tone down your rhetoric and start contibuting something to edify the other brothers and sisters.

2007/10/19 15:22Profile
Everett

West Bloomfield, MI

Re:

I don't see why we have to argue over these things. It is most evident that scriptural baptism is admistered in the name of Jesus. You laid out the scriptures plainly. Even more why 2000 yrs when the bible is pretty clear concering the name of Jesus baptism. The bible is pretty clear concering the holy spirit baptism and the evidences and the signs of it coming. I don't get it. I grew up Apostolic but I tested what I was taught to see if it was true and it was. Constantly I am aiming at refining my understanding on these issues and get a clear understanding of it. I don't know what will get us into unity on these subjects. Maybe intense persecution

2007/10/19 15:30Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
BlazedbyGod wrote:
*I was not signifying that the " remission of sins" part must be said, I was signifying the name of Jesus in some form MUST be said.

Why must it be [b]said[/b].
Some times I end prayer with only "amen" but it is [b]done[/b] in His name.

I would re-frase your quote to one small change of a word, "I was not signifying that the " remission of sins" part must be said, I was signifying the name of Jesus in some form MUST be [b]done[/b]."

Because to say something, is still to have DONE something.

Also: Col 3:17 And whatsoever you do IN WORD OR DEED, DO ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus,...

The very first part of this verse declares that you can DO( or have done) IN WORD(by saying, by speaking)

How did Christ declare it was done? By SAYING " [color=FF0000]IT IS FINISHED[/color]

How does that mountain get moved out of the way?
"whosoever shall SAY to this mountain, BE thou removed.."

Mark 9:38 38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name,

How do we cast out devils?
Acts 16:16-24
16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination F32 met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and [b][size=medium]SAID[/size][/b] to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Matt 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus CHARGED them,)[b][size=medium]SAYING[/size][/b] , Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead

How did Jesus "CHARGE" them? by SAYING...

How does a general give a command for a soldier TO DO something? By saying, by VERBALLY SAYING/TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO.

You can DO something....by SAYING something.And this is how it is supposed to be........DONE. (even as I just SAID that). Thus even in scripture referring to water baptism, a charge give to us by Christ through his apostles....that is how we are to baptize and be baptized.

2007/10/19 15:31Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

n/a

2007/10/19 15:41Profile

Re:

Dear Blazed

At first, I was very interested in the question that started this thread, and getting quite excited in exploring afresh what John says in the Gospel and first Epistle.

It should have turned into a very useful discussion.

But I almost gave up completely when you started posting.

Not because of the content of what you say, but because of your manner of saying it, and the impression you give that you are trying to hijack the thread and lead the discussion along the lines of your particular doctrinal stance ("denominational" or not is beside the point).

You are entitled to your interpretation of Scripture, but please stop trying to impose it on everyone else, as if you had a monopoly on Truth.

[i]No-one[/i] has a monopoly on Truth, except God Himself.

Maybe you really are as loving and as on fire as you claim, but, if so, why do your posts give the opposite impression?

Perhaps you are simply unused to forum discussions and don't realise that you are putting yourself in a bad light, rather than convincing others that your interpretation of Scripture is true. (Unless they already believe the same, of course, and need no convincing).

Proclaim what you understand of Truth if you want, (though you need to accept that others may disagree, and have a [i][u]right[/u][/i] to disagree), but please don't batter your brethren with your beliefs and accuse them of starting it when they react.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/10/19 15:54

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy