SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born of water

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
Everett

West Bloomfield, MI

Re:

I thank you for your striving with me brother. You are my mirror. You see things I am unable to see. I guess that is why we need each other. Imagine if we didn't have each other, there will be no one to tame us and to wisely, kindly instruct us. From your perspective, I can't see, so I need your eyes and you have given me your eyes on this matter. Thank You. I am humbled to see you admit your own pride as well as mine. I didn't know that I was being cynical. I thought i was using sarcasm that even God and Paul use in the bible as a different route to indirectly express their thoughts and to get their point across. I'm glad that you are here to respond so I can modify my previous post for the sake of my brothers in the Lord. Truly all I want is the best for them. I hope for us to someday come to agreement on these things without compromising the truth.

God Bless you IanSmith

2007/10/22 18:59Profile

Re:

I understand and sympathize with your dilemma here Everett.
At least you do believe in the Deity of Christ.
Also respect your desire to comply with other poster's requests over points on posting. That takes humility and I admire that in folks.

Could I just ask you to read just the first and last posts on this one thread?

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7346&forum=36&9]Who is Jesus?[/url]

Please, I really do understand your desire to Glorify The Logos, but if you would just read those two posts, would you come back and give me your opinion?

Thank you - truly.

2007/10/22 20:16
mizpeh

Re:

Everett,

The Holy Spirit was given to a select few of OT saints, mainly those the prophets and the anointed priest. Moses wished all of God's people were filled with the Spirit and prophesied. Some people say the OT saints were temporarily filled with the Spirit but if that is so, why did David ask God not to take away his Spirit from him after his sin with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband was revealed?

The OT was also a different covenant in which a person could be saved by keeping the law. In the new covenant all believers are to received the baptism of the Holy Spirit like the first disciples did on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2...a fullfillment of the prophecy of Joel.

Everett, if you're interested, there are Oneness Pentecostal/Apostolic forums you can join and discuss the scriptures with those who believe as you do. I tried to pm you with this but I'm not allowed for some reason, maybe because I'm new here. If you interested let me know.

2007/10/22 20:26Profile

Re:

Maybe that would be the easier way for you who are of the JesusOnly persuasion to go where they agree with you all, rather than try to convince us against the Tri-Unity of God - but won't you at the least read those two posts and give our Scripture references a chance?

The other point - to say that one is not born-again, unless he has already received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit or even water baptism, would send many to Hell that died before they had the chance - like the thief on the cross.

Thank you for the effort to strive peaceably though.

2007/10/22 20:52
mizpeh

Re:

He Reigns,

I will read the two posts in the link you posted to Everett.

I've been in long discussions with Trinitarians on CARM for over a year. The two Oneness sites I go to have intelligent, articulate Trinitarians who discuss their beliefs there as well.

BTW, "Jesus Only" is a misrepresentation of what I believe unless you are saying that Oneness folks only baptize in the name of Jesus Christ then you would be correct.

2007/10/22 21:46Profile
Lkid

Re:

looking back at the original question if i may, what do you guys make of 1 Peter 3:18-22.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit;
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

I used to think John 3 spoke strictly of natural birth when speaking of water. I still think that is ok to look at it that way. However i see now also the application it has of the washing of the water making us clean as someone has mentioned here earlier. The quote from Ezekiel is great. Ties together the water and the Spirit. Awesome! As is seen in 1 Peter we are not saved by or through water baptism as it is only an outward represention of an inward change. God observes the heart, thats what He is concerned with. Everything else, including baptism, is an outpouring from within. My God doesn't wait to save His lost children until they've jumped through some hoops after confessing that Jesus is Lord and believing that God raised Him from the dead. The neat thing in the bible is that some people are water baptized and then receive the Spirit, some receive the Spirit and then are water baptized, and some there is no mention of baptism. Amazing, God blows us all out of the water with His diversity yet the same Spirit

What do you guys and girls make of 1 Peter 3

2007/10/23 0:52Profile
Everett

West Bloomfield, MI

Re:

I will read the posts that I was asked to. I never said what you have stated I said. I am suppose to be taking a break from the forum but I will read what you are talking about and not talk unless i am asked a question for now I am praying for the Lord's direction in these previous matters. God Bless

2007/10/23 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy