SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Some things to ponder, to meditate on, and to prepare our hearts.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Oh can I plea with you my beloved
Perpare your hearts for a fast and time of weeping and crying out.

Oh my beloved I plea come and be done with
all your wicked ways
How long will keep our ways?

I was praying to today and God showed in parts of man hearts is dark and can't see sin. Only the light of Christ, through his word and pray can our hearts see our Great wickness.
So let us cry for sight we can't see our sins.

May we have eyes to see.
In his love
charlene

2007/10/17 0:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Wonderful, merciful Saviour . . . how we love Thee . . .

2007/10/17 3:46Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger."

-Zephaniah chapter 2 verse 3

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."

-Matthew chapter 5 verse 5

2007/10/17 7:05Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just. Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee. With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."

-Isaiah chapter 26 verses 7-9

2007/10/17 8:06Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth. O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy."

-Habakkuk chapter 3 verses 1-2

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3696&commentView=itemComments]Revive Thy Work by David Legge[/url]

2007/10/17 9:18Profile

Re:

5And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

6For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?

[b] 7God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him. [/b]

8O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?

Psalm 89:5-8

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Proverbs 16:5-6

2007/10/17 9:47
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

That I may know him...

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12055&commentView=itemComments]Remember Jesus Christ by John Rhys Watkins[/url]

2007/10/17 12:48Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Father, forgive us our foolish ways. Refine us until all that remains is the reflection of Your Son.

2007/10/17 14:40Profile

Re: Facing My Needs

[b]Facing My Needs[/b]

I cannot be a blessing
Till I myself am blessed;
So, “Father, I now come to You
My soul-needs to confess.

These needs are many, as You know
But I so often find
That when I view my fellow-man
To my own needs, I am blind.

My own, short-comings, I ignore
Until Your face I see;
Your holiness reveals my sin,
My need to be set free.

My greatest need is to admit
The true state of my heart . . .
Yet, often pride would hinder me,
Delay confession’s start.

Lord, breathe on me so I will choose
To pay revival’s cost;
May I in earnest recognize
The value of the cross.

May I not rest, be satisfied,
Till every sin’s confessed –
For only then, will my heart know
Renewal – blessedness.

Then, only then, can You use me
To touch another’s heart;
The fragrance of Your grace, O Lord,
Will then, my life impart.”

[i]- Frieda Hait
November 13, 1987
[/i]

2007/10/17 14:58
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Facing my own needs

"My greatest need is to admit
The true state of my heart . . .
Yet, often pride would hinder me,
Delay confession’s start."

'The late Bishop Festo Kivengere was an African revivalist. On one occasion I asked him to tell me why the East Africa revival in Rwanda/Uganda lasted over forty years. Supremely, of course, it was God at work; but specifically, he said, "There were two reasons. One was making sure I was walking in the light every day and that my brother was doing the same. If I saw anyone looking glum I would say to them, ‘Brother/Sister, are you walking in the light?’ If they had no answer I would add, ‘Then you are in the bushes.’ The biblical example of that is Adam. When Adam ceased to walk in the light he hid in the bushes. So Africans would confess their sins to one another and get right with God so that they could continue to walk in the light. The other secret," Kivengere added, "was brokenness." To make his point he asked, "Have you ever tried to put two balloons together when they’re inflated? The tendency is for the balloons to bounce off each other. But watch what happens when you puncture them: they just fall all over one another. Too often Christians are lifted up with pride, but when their hearts are humbled by the Spirit of God, and they pray and seek His face, then it is comparatively easy to fall all over one another in love and to find forgiveness at the foot of the cross."'

Taken from [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20052&forum=16&0]Here[/url]

2007/10/17 16:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy