SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Tremendous resource!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Tremendous resource!

Peace and grace to you all!

I came across this site after a google search on Carter Conlon. What a blessing! It is a joy to see the teaching of so many great men of God in one place.

I was born of the Spirit in Sept 2001 and shortly afterward I was drawn to the online ministry of Times Square Church and the Holy Ghost has ministered to my heart through the preaching of Mr. Wilkerson and Mr. Conlon. I am active in a wonderful local church here in Phoenix, AZ but I just don't get the kind of convicting and challenging messages that I hear from Times Square Church. Are any of you in a similar situation?

I'm looking forward to listening to many of the sermons you have compiled here on this site. Thanks to those who have put this thing together. Is there anything I can do to help you guys out?

In Christ,

Ron

2003/8/1 12:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Tremendous resource!

Quote:
I am active in a wonderful local church here in Phoenix, AZ but I just don't get the kind of convicting and challenging messages that I hear from Times Square Church. Are any of you in a similar situation?

Yes brother I would have to totally agree with you! I am invloved in a good church in downtown Toronto, Knox Presbyterian Church. But the conviction and edification that comes from the ministry of pastor Wilkerson and Colon there is no comparision. David Wilkerson once said that if you can be practicing sin and are backslidden and go into your church and dont feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit then leave that place its a dangerous place for you to be.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to listening to many of the sermons you have compiled here on this site.

Yes if you like Wilkerson try listening to [url=http://www.therevivalweneed.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1]Leonard Ravenhill[/url] he knew Wilkerson pretty well and preaches alot of revival and deeper life. He was really in touch with the spiritual condition of the entire body of Christ, especially in North America!!

Quote:
Thanks to those who have put this thing together. Is there anything I can do to help you guys out?

Hi, my name is Greg Gordon I have started this site by Gods grace and I have had an immense amount of help from many brothers and sisters of Christ across the internet. Yes you can pray for this site, me, the volunteers. There is also a significant amount of $$$ involved in running this site [b]prayerfully[/b] consider supporting, there is a 'donations' button on the left hand menu.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums, I hope you are blessed by these sermons and fellowship :-D

2003/8/1 13:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Tremendous resource!

Welcome!

I have been tremendously blessed by this site as well, hope you feel right at home. The forums here have been very engaging and there is quite a bit of knowledge being shared, I am learning something new daily. I also believe the spirit of love for God and His word is clearly communicated even with differing opinions on certain secondary issues.

Quote:
but I just don't get the kind of convicting and challenging messages that I hear from Times Square Church.
Are any of you in a similar situation?

Yes, though I am praying for my particular church out here in Ca. It seems a little to 'nice' for my tastes, but what do I know? We have a great congregation, childrens ministry, a lot of involvement in the community, outreach and so forth. Actually, there has been a lot of focus lately on being a praying church (The Jim Cymbala video "My house shall be called a house of prayer" has had a positive effect on some of our elders and others) We have just begun the process for a new pastor as our former pastor has now moved on to church planting. My hope is for balance, if the whole bible is preached I feel pretty sure that is what we would have.
_/crsschk\_

2003/8/2 0:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy