SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Apostolic Doctrine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

[url=http://www.mybiblebase.com/pdfs/RonBailey/otbaptisms.pdf]The Old Testament's Hidden Baptisms[/url] is a great article.

2007/10/16 16:51Profile

Re:

Amen, I didn't understand water baptism till I understood death to self and newness of life. New believers should be taught when they are water baptized right away. Water baptism means that you have forsaken sin and your old man.You are now a new creature created in Christ Jesus unto good works.

2007/10/16 19:12
psalm1

Re:

preachparsley, Thanks for the link i read it twice and plan to study this.
...David

2007/10/17 0:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
Amen, I didn't understand water baptism till I understood death to self and newness of life. New believers should be taught when they are water baptized right away. Water baptism means that you have forsaken sin and your old man.You are now a new creature created in Christ Jesus unto good works.

Speaking of baptism, and of death to the old man and resurrection to new life, here is a very encouraging video from our street ministry in LA featuring a couple of public baptisms right on the streets of skid row. Brother Patrick preaches about the meaning of baptism and about death to self: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfWY-fjpgnA

2007/10/17 0:29
psalm1

Re:

Josef, That was awesome! It looked like John the b. was baptising her!
...David

2007/10/17 0:41Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
When it came to the Gentiles, God had to give them the Holy Ghost first by his divine power-this is why as Peter was preaching, the Holy Ghost just fell on them without Peter even laying hands....God had to do it this way to the Gentiles, because if not, there would have been no way that the disciples would have water baptized Gentiles- Peter knew they were granted repentance by the fact that the Holy Ghost fell on them-then he knew, that, as scripture says, " repentance was granted unto them" thus it was now that they could be baptized with water.

BlazdbyGod,
this is nothing more than speculation. It sounds very conceivable but it's all reasoning and there's no way that you can take a strong stance saying that "this is exactly why it had to happen that way."

2007/10/17 20:26Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

BlazdbyGod, may I recommend a few messages to you? Go to [url=http://www.lakeroadchapel.org/LR_MediaMinistry.htm]this[/url] page and listen to both parts of the last two sermons on the page--Justification and Regeneration. It may help you understand these basic doctrines.

2007/10/17 21:54Profile

Re:

Praise God Joseph! That's the way baptism should be and the way it should be preached too! :)

2007/10/17 22:55
john1140

A Sister in Christ from Michigan

Re:

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I just wanted to say thank you for ALL (whew)of the insight presented. I posted the question because as I am studying the word myself, (and not relying so much on the revelation of other people) I'm finding that much of what I've learned is not scriptural at all, but something that is based on pride, elitism, greed, superstition, I could go on... I feel like I am learning about God for the first time, which is wonderful but sometimes disheartening as I think about the years I lived in deception.

I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit when I was 16 years old, and am comfortable with the way that I was baptized. If in fact the fullness of the Godhead is in Christ, then I don't see the difference when each Person of the Trinity is co-equal, coexistent, etc. You just cannot get away from His fullness regardless of the Person. I know that I am saved and filled with the Holy Spirit not because of any works, but because I believe in Jesus Christ and have been redeemed by His blood. Works are important, but being a bondservant comes (or should) as a result of my becoming a new creature in Christ. Works should naturally flow from an abiding relationship with Christ.

I am convinced that when the Lord said, "it is finished" on the cross, that He meant that He had paid in FULL the price of sin. HALLELUJAH! What a mighty God we serve!

Thanks again. Love you all in the name of Jesus!
sonya

2007/10/18 12:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy