Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Daniel 7:13

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Daniel 7:13

Brothers and Sisters

It has been a while. I am full time in school. My question is this; in Dan 7:13,

1) who is the one like the Son of man
2) who is the Ancient of days
3) who is they doing the bringing

I take is that the one brought is the Son of man. Correct me on that, if needed.

Geneva Bible:
1) Christ
2) Christ

Matthew Henry:
1) the Messiah
2) the Father

Scofield:
3) kings and priests

Wesley
1) the Messiah

Please answer 1, 2, and 3, if possible, and give reasoning.

Thanx and God bless.

2007/10/12 1:01Profile

Re: Daniel 7:13

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him." (DAN 7:13)

1) The "one like the Son of man" is Jesus, Who was the only man wholly obedient to God, as explained in the next verse, "there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (DAN 7:14)

2) I must assume the Ancient of days is God the Father, since the Son of Man is brought before Him... however, this Ancient of Days fits John's description of Christ in Revelation, "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" (REV 1:13-14)

3) "They" are the ones who go to and fro in the clouds of heaven doing the Father's will. They are the angels, the Sons of God, who minister to the Elect of heavens and earth, and who wage unceasing war against the enemy,

"And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (MATT 24:31)

"[i]the Son of man came [b]with the clouds of heaven[/b][/i], and came to the Ancient of days, [i]and [b]they[/b] brought him near before him.[/i]" (DAN 7:13)

2007/10/12 2:10
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Corey

That is almost exactly my interpretation. When I read that it was astounding because if we are interpreting correctly, here is a physical description of God the Father. It would make sense it that the Father looks like the Son. Furthermore, I just thought, wow, how could I have read over that and not noticed it.

Thanks for your thoughts, bro.

2007/10/16 9:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy