SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : justified by works

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
covenantword

justified by works

this is really a sin question, Jesus did not come to save us from hell but from our sins that will send us to hell.If you do not repent and turn from your sins you can have all the faith you want while you here DEPART FROM ME YE WORKER OF INIQUITY I NEVER KNEW YOU.p.s they called him lord they just never repented

2007/10/10 19:22Profile
psalm1

Re: justified by works

covenantword,hey, how are you? Also in the 7 letters to the 7 churches, there were things they were doing right and things they were doing wrong.
what is your definition of inequity?
.....David

2007/10/10 21:59Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
this is really a sin question, Jesus did not come to save us from hell but from our sins that will send us to hell.If you do not repent and turn from your sins you can have all the faith you want while you here DEPART FROM ME YE WORKER OF INIQUITY I NEVER KNEW YOU.p.s they called him lord they just never repented

One of the great challenges today is to be vexed by a so-called doctrine of easy-believism without turning into a "repentance only" preacher. The problem is that folk are not really praying through until they really get right with God and God transforms their lives. They get rid of a few bad habits and call it Christianity. Repentance can only take us so far. We need genuine [i]regeneration[/i]. We need new creatures. We need folk that are created in Christ Jesus unto good works. We need a people in which the Spirit of God is working in them both to will and to do His good pleasure. We need John 3:3 believers. We need a people that are born [i]and[/i] led of the Spirit. ;-)

2007/10/10 22:19Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
They get rid of a few bad habits and call it Christianity.

That's right. Some quit their smoking and now slay others with their tongue. Others quit their drinking only to drown in pride. Some carry a Bible yet still love vain babblings. Others now ware a dress and forget they're naked before Him. (Heb 4:13)

They drop a few habits and pick up a new one- church.

2007/10/10 22:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
That's right. Some quit their smoking and now slay others with their tongue. Others quit their drinking only to drown in pride. Some carry a Bible yet still love vain babblings. Others now ware a dress and forget they're naked before Him. (Heb 4:13)

They drop a few habits and pick up a new one- church.

Wow!

2007/10/10 23:52
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

In some respects, the body of Christ has been so riddled with scandal we now have an entire new breed of Evangelists that have come on the scene: the Oprah’s, the conservative radio hosts, the Republican Party.

A different gospel that concerns itself with symptoms.

2007/10/11 2:19Profile
covenantword

Re: justified by works

hello psalm1 ,that is a question i wish all who went to church would ask "what is iniquity"most have just been told believe and receive salvation without conviction of sin against a Holy God.its more than things the 7 churches were doing right and wrong and all will have to stand individually no matter what church they belong to.So more than pointing at things as to what sin is a true convert will have a Godly sorrow in the nature of the old man that tries to revive from time to time and will want to repent not live in it with no remorse.While preaching one time afterword i was asked a question do you believe you sin after you get saved and i replied its easy to look at a drunk or harlot and say i haven't sinned but when your starring at Jesus face to face comparing yourself to him we quickly drop our stones and feel in need of mercy.but there is so much lascivious grace in churches today that conforts sinners instead of attacking sin and saying my little children these things write i unto you that ye sin not the preach we all sin. we must define sin and preach go and sin no more.

2007/10/11 23:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy