SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Doctrine of Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

David communed with his heart. He had a conversation with his heart. This is how we examine our hearts.

Communing with your heart:

This is the definition of commune:

com·mune-
–verb (used without object) 1. to converse or talk together, usually with profound intensity, intimacy, etc.; interchange thoughts or feelings.

2007/11/19 12:02

Re:

David was a man after God's own heart. What is the heart of a man like that is after the heart of God? The bible describes the heart of David as perfect because it was after the heart of God even when David failed.

Psalm 4:4
Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

Psalm 7:10
My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

Psalm 9:1
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

Psalm 10:17
LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

Psalm 11:2
For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

Psalm 17:3
Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

David understood that the wicked did not have a heart that was after God:

Psalm 10:6
He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

Psalm 10:11
He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.

Psalm 10:13
Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.

Psalm 12:2
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

David knew he was in good standing with God by the condition of his heart. David communed constantly with his heart.

2007/11/19 14:51

Re:

Quote:
The bible describes the heart of David as perfect because it was after the heart of God even when David failed.

David's heart was perfect, except for when he committed adultery. David was not after God's heart when he committed adultery, David was after Bathsheba.

"Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, SAVE ONLY in the matter of Uriah the Hittite." 1 Kg.15:5

If David's heart was right, his life would have been right also:

"For a good tree brings not forth corrupt fruit; neither does a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth that which is evil." Luke 6:43-45

2007/11/19 17:46

Re:

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
Quote:
The bible describes the heart of David as perfect because it was after the heart of God even when David failed.

David's heart was perfect, except for when he committed adultery. David was not after God's heart when he committed adultery, David was after Bathsheba.

"Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, SAVE ONLY in the matter of Uriah the Hittite." 1 Kg.15:5

If David's heart was right, his life would have been right also:

"For a good tree brings not forth corrupt fruit; neither does a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth that which is evil." Luke 6:43-45

I wonder if we are saying the same thing Jesse. David was decieved in his heart even though he had a heart after God. He reasoned within himself and justified what he was doing but he was clearly wrong. Nevertheless his heart was perfect because his heart was after God's heart.

It was only perfect in the sense that it was after God.

1 Kings 11:6
6And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

1 Kings 3:5-7
5In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.

6And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.

7And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

1 Kings 9:4
And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:

Concerning Asa:

1 Kings 15:14
But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.

2007/11/19 18:21

Re:

Here's a good article by David Wilkerson:

http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1980s/ts891002.html

A perfect heart is searchable, trusting and broken.

2007/11/19 18:32

Re:

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

2007/11/20 5:49

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Amen! :-)

A Perfect Heart Is Searchable (Part 1):

Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

A perfect heart is searchable. If you have a perfect heart you are concerned with whether or not what you believe lines up with God's word. You don't mind others correcting you, just the opposite you welcome it. Your communing with your heart and concerned with your motives. I have heard many preachers in agony over whether or not what they heard was from God. I have heard of preachers who say they have preached sermons and lost sleep at night worried over whether it was from God. They love to fellowship with men who have the same heart for God because they want more of Him. They love those who love God because they are Christlike and they want to be accountable to others of like mind.

Proverbs 8:17
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Psalm 26:4-6

4I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

5I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

6I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

A person who does not have a perfect heart is only out for themselves. They are not searchable or teachable. They will get angry with you when you begin to correct them even though you are giving them scripture straight out of the word of God and the intentions of your heart are one of love.

Their are times they may not get angry at you but just ignore you because they do not have a perfect heart and their heart is divided. It could be they have an idol in thier heart or maybe they are just too proud. Their pride is more important to them than what God thinks. The apostle Paul mentions how to deal with one who is unteachable:

1 Corinthians 14:38
But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

We need to proceed with caution when we are fellowshipping with those who have idols in thier heart.

Proverbs 22:24
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:

Proverbs 29:22
An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.

1 Samuel 24:13-15
13As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.

14After whom is the king of Israel come out? after whom dost thou pursue? after a dead dog, after a flea.

15The LORD therefore be judge, and judge between me and thee, and see, and plead my cause, and deliver me out of thine hand.

2007/11/20 8:08

Re:

A Perfect Heart Is A Trusting Heart (Part 2):

If you trust in the Lord than this is a reason to not only rejoice but to shout for joy. The reason for rejoicing is because:

#1 God defends us
#2 He blesses us
#3 He compasses us as with a shield

Psalm 5:11-12
11But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Unbelievers shout about many things but Christians have a reason to shout and to rejoice.
Many who call themselves Christians will tell you to find a mountain and flee to that, but the bible says this:

Psalm 11:1
In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

When troubles come where do you run? Do you give your troubles to God and leave them there? Many Christians will not leave their troubles with God simply because they do not trust Him. They think well how could God possibly think this is good for me? This is not good for me look at all of the suffering I’m going through.

I wrote an article awhile back on suffering:

The more we suffer the more we are able to comfort others. God allows us to suffer for this very purpose.

2 Corinthians 1:4-7
4Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

5For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

6And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

7And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

It would be difficult to comfort someone else if you could not relate at all to what they are going through. When others see us suffer they see how we are able to keep going on despite our suffering and they are able to see the power of Christ working in us. This is a testimony! God allows the enemy to come against us to test us and cause us to lean on and trust in Him alone. If suffering were easy it would not be suffering!

Suffering is supposed to be hard and at times it even seems cruel that God would allow such a thing but it is working in us to bring glory to him and make us stronger so we can stand against the enemy in even tougher times. The world and even other Christians will look and wonder at how you are able to endure such a thing but it is the power of God.

If you were to see a man or woman who never suffered, truly suffered, than you would say "well of course they are happy, they never suffer, look at them they have everything they could possibly want!" Suffering is difficult. I heard David Wilkerson once say "immature Christians get little darts from the enemy but if you want to be a man or a woman of God than you've got to face a flood!"

Be encourage today if God has counted you worthy to face a flood!

2007/11/22 20:46

Re:

A Perfect Heart Is Broken (part 3):

Psalm 51:16-17
16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Sacrifices God did not desire and burnt offerings He did not delight in. Sacrifices and burnt offerings were a requirement for sins but what God delights in is a broken and contrite heart.

Today a good example of a sacrifice would be giving God your time, preaching the gospel or feeding the poor. Even though God takes pleasure in these things this is not God’s desire for you. This is just the fruit of a man or woman of God who has a perfect heart. God wants your heart not your works.

1 Corinthians 13:3
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This is a new testament example af a sacrifice and an offering:

#1 Feeding the poor
#2 Giving his body to be burned

…God delights in neither,

Romans 4:5-7
5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Works are the fruit of a believer. Every Christian should have works only because works are the sign of our faith and that we are walking after the spirit (James 2:20) but this is not what the Lord delights in. The Lord does not see things as man does.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

It’s easy for a Christian to have a hard time with the idea that God looks on the heart because man cannot look on the heart. We worry about whether or not we should be “doing” something for the Lord when the only thing we should be doing is communing with our hearts than the works will come and God will be pleased.

Psalm 34:17-19
17The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 38:7-9
7For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

8I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

We are only broken when all our desire is before Him:

9Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

2007/11/25 18:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy