SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Yet another Oral Roberts Scandal

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Yet another Oral Roberts Scandal

Twenty years ago, televangelist Oral Roberts said he was reading a spy novel when God appeared to him and told him to raise $8 million for Roberts' university, or else he would be "called home."

Now, his son, Oral Roberts University President Richard Roberts, says God is speaking again, telling him to deny lurid allegations in a lawsuit that threatens to engulf this 44-year-old Bible Belt college in scandal.

Richard Roberts is accused of illegal involvement in a local political campaign and lavish spending at donors' expense, including numerous home remodeling projects, use of the university jet for his daughter's senior trip to the Bahamas, and a red Mercedes convertible and a Lexus SUV for his wife, Lindsay.

She is accused of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on clothes, awarding nonacademic scholarships to friends of her children and sending scores of text messages on university-issued cell phones to people described in the lawsuit as "underage males."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071005/ap_on_re_us/oral_roberts_scandal

I wish I had adequate words to express how this makes me feel. We are called to be lights to the world, and yet there are so many who tout the name of Christ, and yet live abhorrently. Oh, Lord! Save the church in North America from the apostasy, and false doctrines of men. Revive her Lord, and breathe new life so that all in the body are living in you for you and through you!

2007/10/5 18:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy