SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : CNN Exposes Muslim-hating Christian Zionist, Walid Shoebat, as Fraud!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

CNN Exposes Muslim-hating Christian Zionist, Walid Shoebat, as Fraud!!

For the past five or six years this site has been putting up articles and videos indicating that Walid Shoebat, who has been claiming to be a "former terrorist" is not who he says he is, and that he has been using his phony credentials to spread a poisonous anti-Muslim message for huge speaker's fees. Unfortunately, despite a 2008 exposure by the Jerusalem Post, no other mainstream media source picked up the story.

Now CNN's Anderson Cooper has done so. And what he and his colleagues at CNN have uncovered is devastating to Shoebat's credibility. Hopefully this will put an end to the fraud.

Thanks, Anderson!!
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/13/ac360-preview-ex-terrorist-rakes-in-homeland-security-bucks/

Why Egypt is a Problem for Christian Zionists

Christian Zionist leader, John Hagee, is on record prophesying that Egypt will become the next Iran, meaning, a new head for the many-headed beast that is Islam, and this despite the fact that those who understand the dynamics of Egyptian history and society (not to mention the way the Egyptian revolution came about) say that this is not going to happen. Which underscores why Egypt is a problem for Christian Zionists.

When Hal Lindsey wrote his Christian Zionist potboiler, The Late, Great Planet Earth, in 1969 he spoke with great assurance about the critical nature of the alliance Egypt would make with the Soviet Union in an aggressive move against Israel as a necessary precursor to the Second Coming of Christ. Then Egypt broke relations with the Soviets followed by the later demise of the Soviet Union itself. By the time Lindsey wrote his next book this scenario was no longer tenable, forcing him to pin his apocalyptic hopes on another political demon. (which has now more or less become Islam).

One wonders what Hagee and Lindsey and others like them are going to do when Egypt and possibly other of the Middle Eastern states Christian Zionists love to villianize in their apocalyptic scenarios, become secular democracies. Or even worse (from an apocalyptic Christian Zionist perspective) what they will do if a new democratic Egyptian government helps bring about a legitimate peace treaty with Israel, one that leads to the dismantlement of illegal settlements and the creation of a viable Palestinian state on land Christian Zionists insist belongs to the world's Jews. In other words, what if unfolding events make the Christian Zionist End Times scenario no longer tenable? Will Hagee and company continue to raise the apocalyptic flag even when there is no wind to keep it flying? Or will they simply close up shop, turning their backs on Israel because she didn't keep her side of the apocalyptic bargain? Given that this is the primary basis upon which Christian Zionists like Hagee build their support for the Israeli state (despite Hagee's assertions to the contrary) such a scenario is not beyond possibility.

Stay tuned.

John Hubers
Institute for the Study of Christian Zionism

The Kairos Palestine Document: A Word of Faith, Hope and Love from the Heart of Palestinian Suffering
A Confession of Faith and Cry of Hope from Palestinian Christians

Longsuffering is a rich biblical word. It speaks of what it means to be faithful in a faithless world. For Palestinian Christians it is something more. It is a definition of their existence. It is also what allows them to maintain a powerful testimony that has an impact well beyond their numbers as their longsuffering-ness holds forth a vision for reconciliation and peace where others have slipped into a cynical resignation to conflict.

This past week an historical meeting of Palestianian Christian leaders produced a document that echoes the faith commitments of courageous documents like the Barmen Declaration of the confessing German Church during WW II, or the anti-apartheid Belhar Confession. The Palestinian Christian document is called "The Kairos Palestine Document," the Greek word, kairos, speaking of a "ripe" moment in time. The document in its entirety, along with signatories, can be downloaded from the World Council of Churches site.

Here is how it begins:

Read the rest of the article:
http://christianzionism.org/News&CommentaryN.asp

2007/10/4 10:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Are We Ready To Pay The Price For Revival? By Jonathan Goforth

Brother,

How tremendous it is to have stumbled upon this, it is precisely what I felt quite compelled to address as we draw nearer to the conference. In a word, "prepared".

As ironic as it might sound, praying for the spirit of prayer ...

Quote:
the all-pervading influence of prayer

Quote:
They were so moved by it that when they went back to their people their one theme was prayer.

Quote:
The history of revival shows plainly that all movements of the Spirit have started in prayer.

Quote:
Finney depended more upon the prayers of fathers Nash and Clary to bring down Holy Ghost revival than upon his own resistless logic.

Quote:
Perhaps the most striking phase of the Wesleyan movement was the emphasis which its leaders laid on prayer.

It is rather difficult to court words to what takes place in these days ... but if I must some how open it up it is just being drawn out, not for my own particular concerns or expectations in one sense but for ... them. For us as it were collectively in that oft times neglected admonishen;

Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect [b]in one[/b]; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that [b]ye all speak the same thing[/b], and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the [b]same mind[/b] and in the same judgment.

Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the [b]same love[/b], being of one accord, of [b]one mind[/b].

Same Spirit and same mind. Absurd to mention it but not the mind of the flesh or the mind of opinion and the sameness is not by way of diversity ... but the mind of the heart? The mind of the Spirit. The mind of Christ. "Revival" God's way, however and in whatever manner. That other, almost despised word nowadays ... unity. I will go out to say that by and large I believe we have that amongst ourselves but there is always that schism that awaits wants some inroad stirred up by the craftiness of confusion that the enemy of our souls is so adept at, so profound and perfected as to make us befuddled as to whether it be our fallen heads or his direct prompting and agitation. Likely both and what better than to give him the credit and dissolve us of our responsibility.

For myself I am both anticipating and excited but have no ideas and am quite happy to leave the outcome just there. That may sound wishy-washy and vague but I am thinking and praying along those lines of predetermined expectations, how things 'should go'. What I do mean to say is ... That they and we might be completely led by the Spirit, our participation as spectators ah, poor word that, might that be the misnomer that it ought to be ... Most of us attending will be hearers and not speakers but we are participants as learners and as prayer'ers, right on through, before (as in now), during and most importantly afterwords but that is getting ahead of things, a great piece towards that from T.A. Sparks am holding in reserve, for just that time.

Am torn whether to place this all here or where I had originally intended, [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=19790&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Canton Prayer Union[/url] perhaps as a cross reference, one to the other. Pray for these men, pray for Greg ...

2007/10/5 9:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy