SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : August 1st - Judges 15; Acts 19; Jeremiah 28; Mark 14

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 August 1st - Judges 15; Acts 19; Jeremiah 28; Mark 14

please post your comments on todays passages.

2003/8/1 1:09Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 1st - Judges 15; Acts 19; Jeremiah 28; Mark 14

“Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices. And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they counted up the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing”. Acts 19:18-20

Once again in the book of Acts we see transformed lives. Once an individual receives Christ they want nothing to do with the old life. It actually becomes repulsive.

MBear

2003/8/1 8:36Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re:

They led Jesus away to the high priest; and all the chief priests and the elders and the scribes gathered together. Peter had followed Him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest; and he was sitting with the officers and warming himself at the fire. Mark 14:53, 54

While reading this passage, I began to reflect on, “Peter had followed Him “at a distance”. How much easier it is to follow at a distance…things are not as difficult. The closer we draw to Jesus, the more difficult the natural life…faithful are the afflictions of Christ. What happened to Peter? Ultimately he came to the end of himself when he denied Christ. He repented…was transformed…and was mightily used by God. But again, faithful are the afflictions of Christ and Peter faced much trial and tribulation ahead. Jesus was there through it all, just like he is with us. He gives Grace to make it through every trial. After all, they (the trials) are all refining us to make us more like Him.

MBear

2003/8/1 9:00Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 1st - Judges 15; Acts 19; Jeremiah 28; Mark 14

"On the first day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover lamb was being sacrificed, His disciples said to Him, "Where do You want us to go and prepare for You to eat the Passover?" And He sent two of His disciples and said to them, "Go into the city, and a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him; and wherever he enters, say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher says, "Where is My guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?"‘ "And he himself will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; prepare for us there." The disciples went out and came to the city, and found it just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover. Mark 14:12-16

Have you considered the man “carrying a pitcher of water”? This man was ready for the savior of the world to celebrate the Passover at his house. The disciples ask him, “Where is My guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”. Wow! This man was prepared…in tune with the things of God. Am I ready? Are you ready for whatever Jesus asks of you? Selah…

2003/8/1 9:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy