Re:

Psalm 119:

17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.
18 Open my eyes, that I may see
Wondrous things from Your law.
19 I am a stranger in the earth;
Do not hide Your commandments from me.

This section of Scripture reminds of this in the NT...

1 John 1: 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 2: 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Psalm 119 is a picture of a man who has learned to walk in the light as He is in the light. If you listen carefully to this Psalmist prayers you will find that God has perfected the love of God, the love for God in this man. It is the grace of God that enable man to love God.

This man prays, "17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word."

He is not asking for the things that are seen but the things that are unseen.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/12 1:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Psalm 119 means nothing unless:

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

All the Kingdom of God means nothing unless Christ is born again in you and the Life of Christ and the Holy Spirit lead us into the things of the Kingdom of God, none can understand the Kingdom of God unless they are seated in Christ in Heavenly Places, then the Holy Spirit can renew our minds to the Mind of Christ which we possess and don't even know it.

We have all the Nature of God in Christ Jesus by the Seed of the Father in us. Which is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

The Seed of God in you, how much more can you get of God's Nature? We have it all, we must learn to put it to the Use God intended it for.

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Phl 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

In Christ with all the works of God by Him that is in us, every attribute that God is, is now birthed in His Children: Phillip

2007/10/14 1:40Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Psalm 119 means nothing unless:

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Since you have been born again what does Psalm 119 mean to you?

in Christ
Jeff

2007/10/15 4:54Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Psalm 119:

25 My soul clings to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.
26 I have declared my ways, and You answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts;
So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.

A man who acknowledges his weakness is made strong through God's word...because he has learned to walk in the light.

1John 1:5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Have we learned to walk in the light of Scripture?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/16 0:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

A man who understands the revelation of Christ in him is in the Light, and walks in that Light. A man who does not understand walks in the Law, which kills. The Light gives life, and that life is Christ.

Psalm 119 is that walk and shows him Christ and how He lived His life while He was hear, then He was resurrected and ascended and come back in the life of the believer, born again by the Christ Seed in him. The Pearl of Great Price in clay pots. Psalm 119 will never mean anything unless it is by the Knowledge of the Christ in him, it will only be words of doer religion, not the changed life walking in the Light of his Father and revealer of the Christ in him, the Holy Spirit.

Who walks in you? Galatians 2:14-21 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Who's Faith is in us?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/10/16 20:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
A man who understands the revelation of Christ in him is in the Light, and walks in that Light. A man who does not understand walks in the Law, which kills. The Light gives life, and that life is Christ.

Would a man who understands the revelation of Christ experience the things that the Psalm 119 speaks of?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/17 0:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy