Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New to Site

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

New to Site

Just wanted to introduce myself...

My name is Jennifer. My friend Yolanda, (Yodi) gave me this web address and I thought it looked pretty cool, so I joined.

I live in Southern California. I work full-time as a receptionist. I just got married April 17th. My husbands name is Josh. Yolanda is my best friend. Uhhh... that's it for now. See ya all on the forum.

Jennifer

2004/5/19 13:13Profile
moreofHim

Re: New to Site

Hi Jennifer! I have really enjoyed Yolanda's postings- very thoughtful. Nice to see some more girls here who are seeking more of Christ. Enjoy the fellowship ( and a sermon or two, if you get a chance) :-)

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/5/19 13:24Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

Actually, I have started reading the sermon "Ten Shekels and a Shirt". I have to read it cause my computer won't play MP3's.

I've been reading around on this website and it seems everyone likes that one a lot. So I'm almost done with it and I really like it so far. I bet it would be better to listen to, though. He has a lot of good stuff to think about. He's right, even as Christians, we're so stuck on ourselves.

I have to admit that I was kind of sad because from what I remember, the reason I got saved was so I wouldn't go to hell. But I think that as I grew, God changed my heart and my reason. I don't serve Him to go to heaven, but because he deserves the glory.

2004/5/19 14:34Profile
moreofHim

Re: 10 shekels

Jennifer, i think this may be true for alot of people. There are probably many who came to Christ for the wrong reasons- but hopefully, if they have grown and matured- they have grown to love and adore Christ and see the difference.

But, then again, many do not see this and came to the Lord for what they could get out of it and are still in it for that. :-o

Good to hear your thoughts on it, though.

In Him, chanin

2004/5/19 14:44Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Hey Jennifer!!!!!

I found you again! Wow, you're posting [laughs]. About hearing "Ten Shekels and a Shirt", Josh Olson gave me a tape with that teaching title awhile ago when I was still a youth leader, but I haven't listened to it yet. I still need to check out if it's the same one as on here. I did listen to it on here a little bit. I don't know how much I still had to listen to.

Anyway, yeah, as I've told you already, this is a really fun place to be! It makes me think and helps me remember things I didn't know I remembered from Scripture. Pretty cool! Hopefully I'm helping others as well.

Well, see ya around!

2004/5/19 14:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
My name is Jennifer. My friend Yolanda, (Yodi) gave me this web address and I thought it looked pretty cool, so I joined.

Sister Jennifer, God bless you and welcome to SermonIndex I hope you grow in the grace and knoweldge of Jesus Christ through the forum community and the audio/video resources.

2004/5/19 16:18Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: I am new too!

I just thought I would say hello to you all, and I look forward to sharing in the blessings of this site, and what the LORD will use it to do!

2004/5/19 16:37Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: To the New Dude

Quote:
I just thought I would say hello to you all, and I look forward to sharing in the blessings of this site, and what the LORD will use it to do!

Ooo, someone else from Cali! Hello and welcome "roaringlamb".

Yes, this site is a blessing!

2004/5/19 19:19Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

welcome. good to hear from others in the lord 8-)

2004/5/19 19:31Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: New to Site

Hey Jennifer

My name is James and I too am new to the site, well not really, but I am a new member and if memory serves me correctly, I believe Yodi is quite a regular. This is no doubt, why she introduced you to the site. She must be experiencing some great spiritual growth and she may have wanted to share that with you (some definite fruits of the Holy Spirit). If she is your best friend she probably has given you the grand tour of the site and at the risk of repeating what may be a recurring message, the Sermons from Mr. Leonard Ravenhill are very impressive. They are typically a little over an hour long (come on now, this is an hour for Christ) but you will hardly notice the time go by once you get into them. Many of his sermons build on each other and so you get to learn certain style of preaching; a certain theme. That is not to say that all the sermons are the same, but you will see what I mean once you get going … You know now that I think about it, this message is probably redundant now, but hey maybe someone else will get something from this. I hope to see more post from you soon.

James

2004/5/28 19:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy