SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Only for those SERIOUS about revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

...BUMP

2007/10/3 16:06

Re: Only for those SERIOUS about revival

What is the title of this message? Is it just called 'the revival sermon' by Ralph Sexton Jr.? And what's the date on when it was given? I've burned a couple copies of this and want to give it to a few people.

Thanks!

2007/10/4 17:10
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

I heard this message on Monday & my heart is still stirred,

[url=http://media1.sermonindex.net.s3.amazonaws.com/SID16645.mp3]Powerless Preachers: The Curse of America - Ralph Sexton Jr.[/url]

The image of Missionary Dr. James Stewart has been burned into my memory - In his old age, less than a hundered pounds in weight, ravaged with parkinsons disease, rocking back & forth in his seat wringing his hands & whispering "I must preach, I must preach"
Even though the ol' clay tabernacle had fallen apart, Inside of him was a giant dynamo, A volcano of God's amazing grace, Still alive and well; wanting to tell men about the power of the Living God!!!

(This one is right inline with Krispy's thread from a few months ago - Serious about Revival !!!!)

2008/1/2 8:40Profile

Re:

Amen

Bump

2008/1/2 9:49

Re: Only for those SERIOUS about revival

Quote:
Please note that this is not a Charismatic "revival" like what you see on TBN, with barking and all that mess... this is a real, genuine revival where repentance and forgiveness are the focus.

So, a genuine revival is one without the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit?

Repentance and Forgiveness is what revival is all about I agree. Barking and Hissing and Rooster crowing are truly stupid, but can you elobrate your definition of "all that mess" brother, I am curious.

By the way, what does "Bump" mean in posts?

2008/1/2 12:35

Re:

I'm not going to bother to answer this question mainly because I'm not in a mood to debate... and personally I think Compliments and I probably will find ourselves agreeing with each other anyway.

But here's the thing... since Comp asked the question, which bumped this thread to the top of the list today, I've been getting PM requests to send out the mp3s of this sermon.

Unfortunately I went looking for it, and I no longer have it. Is there anyone here that still has it that would make it available to folks who want it? Even if I still had it, I simply dont have the time right now to send it out (it's in many parts).

Thanx!!

Krispy

2008/1/2 15:21
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

I think, I know which one your talking about, & I have already assembled the spliced files, I will send to Greg & see if he will post it to SI,

If not email me.. PM me if interested

2008/1/2 15:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm not going to bother to answer this question mainly because I'm not in a mood to debate... and personally I think Compliments and I probably will find ourselves agreeing with each other anyway.

Oh blast!! I was giggling with delight when I saw that you were online Krispy because I knew you were going to be answering my question and lo and behold I get this answer, darn!

However, I will answer it for you.

I (krispy) am in agreement with the gifts of the Spirit and the workings therein. I believe there is a time and a place for the miraculous, but first and foremost the salvation of souls are more important thru Repentance and Forgiveness. I am not belittling the gifts in fact I speak highly of them when they are done in the right spirit. The mess that I refer too is what preachers like Benny Hinn and others have done in making a mockery and a reproach of the name of Jesus Christ in that instead of the gospel of reconcilation of repentance and forgiveness being preached, the gospel of prosperity and gain is. Comp, revival is not dancing and shouting though I am not against these things, but revival begins when we see our sins and that we need Jesus Christ to save us. To me, when I see a man fall on his knees crying out for salvation from his sins, that is true revival.

God Bless

Krispy

2008/1/2 15:37
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

There is another message that makes mention of this outpouring of God,

[url=http://media1.sermonindex.net.s3.amazonaws.com/SID13621.mp3](There is wrath - Ralph Sexton Jr.)[/url]

The story of the little girl was too much to handle... get your hanky ready,

2008/1/2 15:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
I (krispy) am in agreement with the gifts of the Spirit and the workings therein. I believe there is a time and a place for the miraculous, but first and foremost the salvation of souls are more important thru Repentance and Forgiveness. I am not belittling the gifts in fact I speak highly of them when they are done in the right spirit. The mess that I refer too is what preachers like Benny Hinn and others have done in making a mockery and a reproach of the name of Jesus Christ in that instead of the gospel of reconcilation of repentance and forgiveness being preached, the gospel of prosperity and gain is. Comp, revival is not dancing and shouting though I am not against these things, but revival begins when we see our sins and that we need Jesus Christ to save us. To me, when I see a man fall on his knees crying out for salvation from his sins, that is true revival.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Krispy

2008/1/2 16:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy