SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days ARE Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Yet, what was it that the terrorist attacked on 9/11? What was their focus? Was it meant to kill women and children or something else?

Certainly attacking the Trade Towers was a shot at US global economic influence. Also, hitting the Pentagon was a military assault. We can only assume that many other intended targets had equal symbolic or strategic value. In fact, the strategic nature of the targets raised the attack from "mere" terrorism, to declaring full war on the US. (I still catch myself calling 9/11 a "terrorist attack"...we would never call Pearl Harbor a terrorist attack.)
Quote:
The young kids fighting over there have to make split second decisions. It is either them or me. But the results, what does it do to those who experience this?

I can't imagine. It is tempting to take the individual experiences of those young people that fit our world view and elevate them to universals. For instance, which soldier represents the American experience in Iraq...the soldier who returned with positive stories of safe streets and friendly natives, or the angry soldier on BBC telling the world about his involvement with Phosphorus? Both soldiers are telling the truth in my opinion.
Quote:
I in no way sanction what those who practice terrorism do.

I know that brother!
Quote:
What I am looking for is how should we fight the roots of terriorism. What if the world saw the evidence of the power of God in those who profess Him.

That is my desire as well...I think your policy of scrutinizing the actions of our leaders is very wise. Such scrutiny reminds me that there is still a remnant in this nation that care for righteousness. For instance, the outrage over the incident at Abu Grab shows me two things about America...one, that we have a few ignorant red neck reservists serving in the military, and two...most importantly... that this nation does still have a conscience.

So keep challenging us to give ourselves completely to the Lord, and to not give ourselves over to any man liberal or conservative, in these dark days brother!

MC

2005/11/21 16:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
“I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers - and it was not there . . . in her fertile fields and boundless forests and it was not there . . . in her rich mines and her vast world commerce - and it was not there . . . in her democratic Congress and her matchless Constitution - and it vas not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great.”

This is spoken of in Deuteronomy, the curses and the blessings. Yes this is a beautiful insight. The Scriptures often talk about how one generation was an apple in God's eye. The Scriptures also speak of unfaithful generations who continue to claim God yet they deny Him by what they do.

Just a thought.

I see the evidence of compromise all around me. I myself fall way short. Yet I believe we have reached a point where pride has blinded us, (the U.S.), and for those who are not saved that is the only hope that they have. Yet for those who profess Christ, I see that maybe, many look the other way when they see the evil that their own nation does against others. Their hope for security in what men have to offer will allow them to continue to live in the land of milk and honey. Just like in the days of Noah, they will eat and drink and have weddings.

What do those Christians who live in China hope for?

Matt. 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Matt. 6:25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Matt. 6:28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matt. 6:31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?’ or “What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

The Chinese don't have to worry about mammon but we do.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/21 16:46Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Since 632 Ad there has been a clash of civilizations. For eight hundred years, it was the Muslims who were the advanced people of the world. The European Christian nations were the barbarians. And then things changed around. And now it seems like things may change around again.

While I could believe that we could become barbarians...I don't see the Mid-east becoming advanced...powerful yes, but not advanced.

Much is made of the Christian and Islamic wars in the dark ages. Yet it is worth noting that it was the Mongols that reduced the thriving Islamic civilization to ruin. In the early 13th century, the war of the Khans went on for 60 merciless years in Iraq and Syria. When the Caliph of Baghdad (Islamic pope?)defied the Khan, the Mongol general had him trampled to paste in a sack by horses. (A sign of respect to keep the religous leaders blood from touching the ground.) The Caliphate has never been restored, and Arab scholars say the region has still never economically recovered.

Quote:
Why do we need the U.S. government to protect our families?

Great question. Again I am reminded of the Mongol army. After the Khans had conquered the mid-east they set their sights on Europe. They got within sight of Vienna's walls before stalling for winter to pass. Europe would in all likely hood have been unable to withstand the superior Mongol military. Yet, suddenly news reached the Mongols that their tribal leader died (yes tribal people almost conquered Asia, the mid-east, and Europe)which meant that all the soldiers needed to return to prevent civil war. They never returned...I take that as God having saved Europe in 1241. He can do the same for those who trust in His will in 2006.

MC

2005/11/21 16:52Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Page 79 of Buchanan's book

WHY DO THEY HATE US?

When the terrorists of 9/11 drove those planes into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania, Americans were shocked at how many in the Islamic world said, "The Americans had it coming."

What had we don that any should take satisfaction in the massacre of three thousand of our people? Why did demonstrators from Palestine to Pakistan support the Taliban? Why do millions in that world admire Osama? Why do Islamic radicals hate us so they willing to commit suicide if they can take some of us with them? They cannot defeat or destroy the United States. Are they mad?

"Why do they hate us?" Americans asked after 9/11, President Bush professed himself shocked even by the implications of the questions. "I am," he declared,

"...amazed....that in some Islamic countries there is vitrolic hatred of America...I'm amazed that there's such misunderstanding of what our country is about that people would hate us...like most Americans, I just can't believe [it}. Because I know how good we are."

When others probed for a deeper answer, they were charged with "blaming America first," parroting enemy propaganda, trying to place responsibility on our own country for what the murderers had done to us.

We were attacked, declared the National Review on its cover, "because we are powerful, rich and good." Our enemies "hate our democracy, our liberal markets, and our abundance and economic opportunity, at which the terror attacks were clearly directed," said Jack Kemp.

"They hate what they see right here in this chamber; a democratically elected government, " President Bush told Congress. "They hate our freedoms; our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other."

Americans for Victory Over Terrorism, a subsidiary of Empower America, declared in its statement of principles; "The radical Islamists who attacked us did so because of our democratic ideals, our belief in, and practice of, liberty and equality."

With due respect, these answers insult the intelligence of a second-grader. Did the Japanese attack us a Pearl Harbor because we were free, rich, good, and had low marginal tax rates? What is it about us Americans that we so often lack for what the poet Robert Burns said was the greatest gift the gods can give us, "to see ourselves as other see us."

We are not hated for who we are. We are hated for what we do. It is not our priciples that have spawned pandemic hatred of America in the Islamic world. It is our policies.

Nothing justifies the mass murders of 9/11. Nothing. Nor need we hear out the extended plea bargains of those who slaughtered our countrymen. They deserve the rough justice they are receiving. But now that the Taliban have gone down, bin Laden is in hiding, and Iraq is occupied, we need to reflect on why Islamic peoples despise the United States so much they wish to see us dead or gone. If we wish to avert a clash of civilizations, from which we have nothing to gain, we need to listen to what they say--not to what we say---about America.

In the indictment of the Muslim world, these are our crimes:

1. We preach democracy and human rights, yet prop up dictators and olighrchies who oppress Islamic peoples and steal and squander their wealth.

2. By moving thousands of U.S. soldiers, especially women soldiers, onto the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia, we have insulted Arab honor and defiled the land on which sit the holiest sites of Islam. As Ian Buruma and Avishai Margalit, the authors of Occidentalism; The West in the Eyes of Its Enemies, write, "true Whahabi believers, such as Osama bin Laden...view the presences of American women soldiers in Saudi Arabia as an act of defilement. To him and his followers, it is as if the Americans were sending their temple prostitutes to defend the unmanly rulers of Saudi Arabia."

3. America's neopagan culture---alcohol, drugs, abortions, filthy magazines, blasphemous books, dirty movies, hellish music ---is a satanic lure that corrupts the morals of Islamic children.

4. Americans use hypocritical doulbe standard in dealing with Arabs and Israelis. We embargoed and blockaded Iraq, wich cost the lives of tens of thousands of Iraqi children, because Sadam defied UN resolutions. Yet we give Israel all the aid Sharon demands to defy UN resolutions, seize Arab land, and deny Palestinian rights that America professes to champion.

5. We attacked, invaded, and occupied a prostrate Arab nation that did not attack us, did not want war with us, and could not resist us, on the pretext that Iraq had played a role in 9/11 horrors and was building weapons of mass destruction to attack us. These were lies to cover up our greed to control the oil wealth of Iraq, destroy a defiant Arab nation, and erect an American empire in the Middle East.

To millions of Muslims, we are the "evil empire."

(to be continued)

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/22 12:34Profile

Re:

I dont agree- you dont seem to know God's promises.
The palestinians are terrorists and have been squating on the land God gave Israel according to the Bible through Abraham.
read Genesis and Gen 12:3
The Muslims need Christ and will perish without him
Their Koran is a violent diatribe against Jews and Christians and all who reject their phoney prophet.They advocate death to all who is not of them.
Wake up - we are in ww3
jj

2005/11/23 8:29
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother JJ

I am not argueing for Islam. I am seeking to reveal how Satan causes the sea of man to be cast to and fro. He is a roaring lion seeking to devour. Only the love of the truth will enable one not to be devoured by the lion.

We are actually in WW 4.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/23 11:57Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

page 82

To understand our enemies, we should read their words. In a [b]1998[/b] article in Foreign Affairs, " License to Kill," Bernard Lewis disclosed and dissected a declaration of war against America, published in London in an Arab newspaper. Lewis described this "Declaration of the World Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and the Crusaders" as a "magnificent piece of eloquent, at times even poetic Arabic prose."

The [b]author was Osama bin Laden,[/b] then being sought in the bombing of our embassies in Kenya and Tanznia. Osama's declaration began by citing the most militant passages of the Koran, and asserted that Americans are the Crusaders reincarnated.

"Since God laid down the Arabian peninsula....no calamity has even befallen it like these Crusader hosts that have spread in it like locusts, crowding its soil, eating its fruits, and destroying its verdure; and this at a time when the nations contend agaisnt the Muslims like diners jostling around a bowl of food...

For more than seven years the United States is occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of its territories, Arabia, plundering it riches, overwhelming it rulers, humiliating its people, threatening its neighbors, and using its bases in the peninsula as a spearhead to fight against the neighboring Islamic peoples."

Here then is the first charge against us: We are a Christian empire plundering Arab wealth and trampling with infidel feet on the sacred soil of the Hejaz. Osama next charged that Ameria was preparing a [b]new war to destroy Iraqi people[/b] and humiliate all Muslims, in collusion with Israel.

"Despite the immense destruction inflicted on the Iraqi people at the hands of the Crusader-Jewish alliance and in spite of the appalling number of dead, exceeding a million, the Americans nevertheless...are trying once more to repeat that dreadful slaughter. It seems that the long blockade following after a fierce war, the dismemberment and destruction are not enough for them. So they come again today to destroy what remains of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors...

While the purposes of the Americans in these wars are religious and economic, they also serve the petty state of the Jews, to divert attention from their occupation of Jerusalem and their killing of Muslims in it."

These crimes represent a "declaration of war by the Americans against God, his Prophet and the Muslims," wrote Osama. Thus jihad against America becomes the duty of every Muslim.

(end of thought)

Osama bin Laden predicted that the U.S. would invade Iraq a second time. He wrote this in 1998. If I was an Arab and have witnessed what Osama predicted what would I believe?

How did Osama bin Laden know that the U.S. would invade Iraq 4 years before it happened?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/23 12:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Do you suppose that Osama bin Laden has brought to be what he prophesised about in his declaration of war against the U.S.?

What spirit is behind all this? How have the people of the U.S. been deceived?

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

The fruit of satan or the fruit of righteousness what do you see?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/24 12:07Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Terrorism is nothing new.

Page 122

THE CANONIZATION OF TERRORISTS

While we condemn terror, it will be used again and again. For terror often triumphs. Sherman and the Union armies crushed the South, setting it back a century. But they were victorious, they freed the slaves, and they are lionized. Hiroshima and Nagasaki convinced the emperor that unconditional surrender was preferalbe to the alternative. The IRA, the Irgun, the Stern Gang, the Viet Minh, the FLN, the Mau Mau, the ANC all used terror and all prevailed. And innocent blood shed in the revolution is quickly washed away in the exhilaration of victory.

The FLN's Ben Bella became the first president of Algeria. Jomo Kenyatta, Kikiyu leader to the Mau Mau, became the father of his country, Kenya, and the "grand old man" of Africa. Yitzhak Shamir became prime minister, as had Menachem Begin, his predecessor, who would go on to win the Nobel Prize for Peace. So would Nelson Mandela, who went to prison in 1964 for the bombing of trains and whose ANC was famous for "necklacing" enemies, i.e., cutting off their arms and draping a gas-filled tire around their necks, which was set ablaze to the laughter of the mob. Today, Mandela is perhaps the most respected political figure on earth. Arafat, too, shares a Nobel Prize for Peace and aspires to be the first president of Palestine.

The body of the Communist state terrorist Ho Chi Minh is honored in Hanoi. Saigon is no Ho Chi Minh City. The remains of the tyrant responsible for the deaths of perhaps 30 million Chinese lie in a crystal sarcophagus in Tiananmen Square. The waxen body of Lenin, the archterrorist and the brother of the terrorist who attempted to assasinate Czar Alexander III, lies in a mausoleum in the heart of Red Square.

D. W. Griffith's classic Birth of a Nation protrayed the Klan as gallant and heroic. Geronimo, the Indian chief who murdered pioneer women and children, was lionized in a Hollywood film. Michael Collins is the title of a film starring Liam Neeson, in which Collins portrayed as an Irish hero fighting for freedom. In State of Siege, the 1973 film based on the kidnapping and murder of a U.S. aid official in Uruguay, his Tupamaro executioners are protrayed as sensitive and principled.

Terrorism often succeeded in the twentieth century, and, when it did, the ex-terrorists achieved power, glory, and immortality, with streets, towns, and cities named for them. And America today recognizes every regime to come out of these wars where terrorism was a common tactic.

end of thought

Are we swept away by every wind of doctrin of man? Are we building our foundation upon the shifting sands of mans wisdom?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/25 13:44Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Mike wrote:

Quote:
While I could believe that we could become barbarians...I don't see the Mid-east becoming advanced...powerful yes, but not advanced.

I started reading another book of Buchanan, "The Death of the West.

Page 11

"As a growing population has long been a mark of healthy nations and rising civilizations, falling populations have been a sign of nations and civilizations in decline. If that holds true, Western civilization, power and wealth aside, is in critical condition...

page 9

The West is dying. Its nations have ceased to reproduce, and their populations have stopped growing and begun to shrink. Not since the Black Death carried off a third of Europe in the fourteenth century has there been a graver threat to the survival of Western civilization. Today, in seventeen European countries, there are more burials than births, more coffins than cradles...Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox---all the Christian faiths are represented in the great death march of the West.

The new hedonism seems unable to give people a reason to go on living. Its earliest fruits appear to be poisonous. Will this new "liberating" culture that our young have so enthusiastically embraced prove the deadliest carcinogen of them all?"

page 5

"Every few years, a storm erupts when some public figure blurts out, "America is a Christian nation!" She was once, and a majority yet call themselves Christian. But our dominant culture should more accurately be called post-Christian, or anti-Christian, for the values it celebrates are the antithesis of what is used to mean to be a Christain.

"I am the Lord they God; thou shalt not have strange gods before Me" was the first commandment Moses brought down from Mount Sinai. But the new culture rejects the God of the Old Testament and burns its incense at the altars of the global economy. Kipling's "God of the Market Place" have shouldered aside the God of the Gospels. Sex, fame, money, power--those are what our new America is all about."

end of thought

In the next few posts I will attempt to describe what has happened since the 70's some of the thoughts coming from this new book and also policies the U.S. pursued to limit population growth. One of those policies seems to be abortion.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/30 11:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy