SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Virtue

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mackaymarsh

Virtue

I was wondering if someone could help me (a simple man) with a working understanding of 2 Peter verse 5. I think I understand the other points of growth Peter is talking about, but the word ‘virtue’ as used here confuses me. I know it is not the same word ‘Virtue’ as went out of Jesus. Strong’s definition is confusing to me as it is used here in 2 Peter. In today’s English, help me not only to understand its meaning, but a practical example as to ‘how’ to add it to my faith. Thank you so much.

2007/10/2 14:30Profile
Logic

Re: Virtue

Quote:
mackaymarsh wrote:
I was wondering if someone could help me (a simple man) with a working understanding of 2 Peter verse 5. I think I understand the other points of growth Peter is talking about, but the word ‘virtue’ as used here confuses me. I know it is not the same word ‘Virtue’ as went out of Jesus. Strong’s definition is confusing to me as it is used here in 2 Peter. In today’s English, help me not only to understand its meaning, but a practical example as to ‘how’ to add it to my faith. Thank you so much.

[b]2Peter 1:5[/b] [color=990000]Now for this same thing also, employing all diligence, in your faith supply virtue, yet in virtue knowledge,[/color]

virtue: valor, (moral)excellence, praise worthyness.

I believe this "virtue" is what gives our faith that kind of works which is the opposit of dead faith(James 2:17)

2007/10/2 19:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy