SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Canton Prayer Union

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Canton Prayer Union

Saints,

some dear brothers in the Lord banding together to pray daily for revival until the revival conference: www.revivalconference.com I encourage you to visit the blog and get involved in praying for revival. May God move in a powerful way.

The record of ordinary men hungry for their extraordinary God. We begin our journey 134 days before the Canton Revival Conference. We are following the path of three ordinary men in India 104 years ago. Our mission is simple: "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Jesus Christ as spoken in Acts 1:8

They are 5 brothers from different nations:

Bill Stephenson
PastorMike
Alec
S. Clark
Steve Clark

[b]Canton Prayer Union[/b]
http://canton-prayer-union.blogspot.com/

2007/9/27 20:55Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: Canton Prayer Union

Much has been posted about prayer lately and I hope we all take this seriously and whether we are able to attend the conference in Ohio or not, that we would earnestly pray for an outpouring of the Spirit of God. Not for a 3 day conference as an event in itself, but that it would be the catalyst for revival that would reach far beyond the 3 days in Ohio. God could really do it. How seriously have we considered that? How earnestly have we prayed for that?

Let us pray, brothers and sisters. The hour is urgent. We need God desperately. Let us pray.

Danielle

2007/9/28 5:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying towards Canton

Quote:
Much has been posted about prayer lately and I hope we all take this seriously and whether we are able to attend the conference in Ohio or not, that we would earnestly pray for an outpouring of the Spirit of God. Not for a 3 day conference as an event in itself, but that it would be the catalyst for revival that would reach far beyond the 3 days in Ohio. God could really do it. How seriously have we considered that? How earnestly have we prayed for that?

There is something very tremendous about this that I am quite unwilling to touch but perhaps it would just be to draw attention to a few matters as well.

To pull up the main site www.revivalconference.com and just read over the names of the speakers attending ... Collectively, how many years between them, how many in total, how long the walks and communion ... The richness of diversity, of perspective, of wisdom, of spiritual knowledge.

The sanctuary itself, odd that sense of qualification needed ... Both in the truest spiritual sense, that it would be a sanctuary indeed, yet also for the overseers and all that constitutes it's makeup; Staff and pastors, their gracious reaching out to host this event.

And Greg ...

Saints, there is much to pray for and about, much gratitude and expectation in anticipation. I do not pretend to know just what or how, what form or fashion ... only that the Lord might run this operation through and through as it seems very apparently He has already begun.

2007/9/28 9:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!

I had a wonderful conversation with "Bill Stephenson" on the phone. I am excited about what God is doing in many hearts.

keep praying brothers and sisters. we need prayer, much much prayer!!

2007/10/1 0:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
keep praying brothers and sisters. we need prayer, much much prayer!!

"[i]Children of God, God counts upon you to take your place before His throne as intercessors[/i]"
~ Andrew Murray

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19825&forum=34#154983]The Secret of Intercession - A Royal Priesthood[/url]

2007/10/1 9:43Profile

'The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us - "I reckon on you for extreme service, with no complaining on your part and no explanation on Mine." God wants to use us as He used His own Son.'

[i]Oswald Chambers, 18th December, My Utmost for His Highest[/i]

2007/10/1 14:52
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The spirit of prayer

http://www.revivalconference.com/

[i] ... an honest, sincere, earnest plea for the desperate need of revival in North America.

The conference will have the chief object to be God-glorifying.

The speakers will come on their own accord trusting God for provision.

There will be no emphasis on money during the event.

The event will be a simple, apostolic, yearning for a genuine biblical revival in our day.[/i]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19900&post_id=155612&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=155478&forum=40#155612]Are We Ready To Pay The Price For Revival? By Jonathan Goforth[/url]

2007/10/5 9:37Profile

Quote:

[b]Canton Prayer Union[/b]
http://canton-prayer-union.blogspot.com/

I've been so blessed and stirred onto pray by this blog. It's so awesome to see men band together to seek God for revival like this. If you haven't been keeping up with this blog (like me until a couple days ago :-o ) take the time to read at least the past two posts; they are excellent, and then go pray! Only ten days left until the conference! Ten days left to prepare our own hearts for this time, ten days left to intercede for the thousands of people that will be impacted by this conference, ten days...wow...is anyone else getting excited?

[i]"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Psalm 39:7

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him." Psalm 62:5
[/i]

2007/10/13 18:35
osasbright

Nigeria

Re:

I pray that i become loyal to Him in all areas of my life that He might make full use of me.For my life is not mine but HIs.

2007/10/13 19:01Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

here's part of one of ther last post by steve clark.

"Greetings Brothers,

Alec, I appreciate your recent posts and I am following the "Divine Experiment". Forgive me for my lapse in posting It has been an absolute crazy past three weeks with many, many distractions. I have been fighting the most dreaded 4-letter word in the English language....B-U-S-Y. It seems that the enemy's most successful tactic with me lately is to get me so overwhelmed with many "necessary" things that my time with my Savior is squeezed and cramped. As I have burned the candle at both ends, I naturally got sick and have been struggling for the past week with a virus that has left me drained and exhausted. Why do we let our lives get so chaotic and hectic?

It seems that we have become so used to running on adrenaline in this culture, that unless you are frantically running every minute for 18hrs per day, we feel that something is wrong. I have set aside Mon. Oct. 22nd as a day of fasting and prayer in preparation for Canton. I know I need a day of quiet reflection (I actually need a week!) to prepare my heart and get "still" in His presence. I will not allow my schedule to deliver me to Canton exhausted and weak. I appreciate your prayers and am thrilled that we will all be together soon.

I recently had a brother ask me if there would be opportunity for some relaxation at this conference so we can relax and get to know each other better. The way this question was asked, led me to believe that this brother was hoping perhaps we could carve out some conference time to socialize. Please don't take this the wrong way, but my prayer for Canton is not that we would find necessary time to socialize. Of course I look forward to meeting and sharing with my brothers, new and old but...Canton for me is the only time this year that I have devoted any meaningful period of time to join with a like-minded body of hungry believers to cry out to God for revival. I am burdened for the church and our country, but selfishly I must confess that I am first and foremost desperate for revival in my own personal relationship with God. So while I am certain we will have much time to share and get to know one another better as we travel back and forth to the hotel etc., I also know that as the Lord gives me strength, I need to be at every session from start to finish. This includes the times of corporate prayer.

Brothers, I feel like a starving man, and I'm subsisting now on crumbs and scraps. I desperately need to be fed by my Heavenly Father and we have now been praying for over 120 days for this very thing. Let's not get distracted by socializing. Let's make sure we show up in Canton prepared. As Paul describes the necessary conditioning of an athlete, let's start preparing far in advance to make sure we arrive rested, and not weary; healthy, not sick; humbled and prepared to hear from God, not distracted by any worldly concerns. This journey has been a true blessing in so many ways and I'm so thankful for each one of the members in this union. As we meet in Canton I know that the Lord will be faithful as His greatest desire is to be intimately involved in every area of our lives."

2007/10/13 19:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy