SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wars, Rumors of War and the Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Wars, Rumors of War and the Christian

Dear Pastor, Last night I sat up and read all of this - Yes, I surely did.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15338&forum=35&201

Bless God, I don't see where you've left anything out and your emphasis on Jesus and your patience with all, have been much admired.
I pray for such patience for myself - Amen.
God Bless your work and give you strength.
IN HIM.

2007/9/27 16:26
pastorfrin

Re: Opps ... sorry pastorfrin ...

Brother Rahman,

No need to be sorry, not a big deal only trying to make sure Michael received credit for his article and not me.

I apologize for my short answer to you, as I was busy adding another six feet to my twelve foot wall, so now I have an eighteen feet wall.
You see there is a wall brother and this wall has a gate and our Lord says the gate is very narrow and few their be that find it. There is a wall of separation and it is not man made, it was put in place by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

2 Cor. 6:11-18
O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. [13] Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged. [14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Yes brother, a shepherd and senior citizen and one who has found that using many words is a waste of time. I am not judging anyone, only posting scripture and some thoughts. If you have a question, simply ask and I will attempt to further elaborate. Please do not throw accusations at me because you do not understand, to the point language.
I see you have read the same book as some others who ignore the main point while taking something insignificant and making that the issue instead. I will not enter into this, so yes brother maybe there is a wall in a sense, only I have not put it there.

This is nonsense, if we use the excuse that God allows something to justify taking part in it, then we can all participate in abortion, or fornication, greed ,lust, lying and all other forms of wickedness, after all God is allowing it so it must be ok. Never, we are told by the Word of God and the example of Jesus Christ, His disciples and the early Church, what we are to be involved in and separated from. Just because some have done the opposite who have claimed to be Christians does not change the Word and God allowing something only proves He has given us a choice.
You, me and everyone else are responsible for who and what we choose and there is no excuse for not choosing His way, but much wrath to those who would lead others to choose the way of this world because God allowed it. He will also allow all who refuse Christ to burn in hell, and it is clear He does not will that any should perish but all should come to repentance.
This is what Jesus commanded and what He wills for all who follow Him to do:

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 16:15-18
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Teaching them (all who believe and are baptized)
to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. I see no mention of any war, politics or self elevation, only to obey and do, all things whatsoever He commanded His disciples.

You see brother, I have read your post, most of them on this forum and I do not judge you or anyone else; I do not hastily post and I do not condemn. There is one, who will judge, and His will be righteous judgment, we should do as He has instructed:

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. [35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

And then follow the example set by Our Lord and His Disciples obeying His command to:
“observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you”

Maybe then these signs will actually follow those who believe, because they actually do obey what He has commanded and not make excuses for doing what He allows.

Mark 16:15-18
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Revival comes to those who follow Him, not to those who do what He allows.

In His Love :-)
pastorfrin

2007/9/27 19:18Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:

vasilef wrote:
I have read an article by Zac Poonen, Holiness With Love ...
At one point there is a note. I'm not sure if he wrote it, but I suppose he did. What do you think about it?

[Note: We are not talking here about how a nation must respond to war or terrorist attacks against it, but only to how an INDIVIDUAL Christian must respond to attacks against him. The nations of the world are NOT under grace, but under Law and so must follow the Old Testament law of retaliation and punishment - an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth (as it says in Lev.24:17-22 and Deut.19:15-21). Otherwise there will be no law and order in this world.]

vasilef,

You are right, governments are to exist and they will continue to go to war for the things of this world. We are to obey the laws that be if they do not conflict with the laws of God.
We as Christians are not of this or from this and as Christ was on earth so are we, if we follow Him.
Brother Poonen is right.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/9/27 19:48Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

jlosinski,

I understand what you are saying, (Nam 66)came home with much anger, not against the president as much as the whole system. If people would realize, that many of the same companies making windfall profits off the current war, were also in Nam doing the same thing. Policy is so many times directed by the rich and powerful, who could care less about the soldier and their families, just show them the money.
Also WIA and suffered from PTSD and the Son set me free,still carry the physical scars though.
You may have read my testimony on the'we need to talk about peace thread'.
Strange how those who have never been there and have no idea what they are talking about are such experts on war.
I will keep on following Christ, for He is our example to follow. No one else but Jesus.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/9/27 20:05Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Dear Pastor, Last night I sat up and read all of this - Yes, I surely did.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15338&forum=35&201

Bless God, I don't see where you've left anything out and your emphasis on Jesus and your patience with all, have been much admired.
I pray for such patience for myself - Amen.
God Bless your work and give you strength.
IN HIM.

Thank You HE_Reigns,

Your words are to kind, I only desire to proclaim
our Lord, that all may see that we are more than conquerors in Him.

Wow, you must have been up all night.
Thank you again,
In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/9/27 20:14Profile

Re: Wars, Rumors of War and the Christians

Yes Sir. God has seen fit to cause me to be a Night Watchman. That's all. Not my doing - The Resident Boss will sound Taps or Reveille and if I have my frequency adjusted properly - I just follow orders. When you retire Sir, you'll do the same - though I doubt you ever will retire - as I've seen on other thread, that you work a heavy secular job - getting up at 4 a.m. and Pastor a Church and then when you can - come here and share Him with us - between taking care of your up-teen grandchildren and what was it? - 7 grown children and do farming at home - plus going through cancer surgery - plus - See, I did read a lot before I said what I did above.
I was cutting hair at Rosey Roads Navy Base when you were taking that bullet - God Bless you.
Hey, see you There.
[b]HE [u]IS[/u] THE VICTOR![/b]
At ease men.

2007/9/27 20:44
Rahman

Re: Wars, Rumors of War and the Christians

Thanks Pastor ...

You've given me a much better understanding of your points of reference ...

Now i'm gonna go over and read your other thread that
HeReign's mentioned (hadn't seen it before) ...

Blessings in our Lord Jesus Christ ... :-D

2007/9/28 9:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy