SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mana that has become rotten

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Mana that has become rotten

I have a confession to make as God is correcting me and renewing my mind.

I made a post regarding the area of quoting scripture with out the spirit of God and stated the dangers of doing this. well i did this very thing over two days in conversation with my work collegues who are very anti christian.

over the last couple of days i was not spending precious time with the lord and i found that the spirit of God was not in me. In my conversation with my work collegues i had anwsered a couple of questions that were on a spiritual note and although the words i said were biblically correct they were dead and the outcome of my response was earthly rebellion.

After the conversation i felt ashamed that my words had no spirit behind them and a strong feeling of pride came over me, and yet i had no confirmation from the holy spirit of the words that i had spoken which is normally in my heart when i talk about God to non-believers.

this was a horrible experience that i had and i felt like i had defiled Gods word. The lord explained it to me like this "i give you daily mana to eat which tastes like honey but if you try to save this mana for tommorrow it will become rotten"

when i seek the word daily and have the spirit of God in me the words i speak are with wisdom of God but if i dont seek the lord daily and try to use previous words of wisdom without God my words are dead and rotten and become and offence to those who here it even if the words i speak are straight from the bible.

so today when i go to work even though i have sought the lord today i must be mind full as to whether or not my words are driven from Gods spirit or my own glorification!

If someone has had a similar experience or revelation in this area i would love to hear about it.

crusader

:-(

2007/9/25 17:06Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Mana that has become rotten

Wow, the Lord must be wanting to tell me something because Sunday I listened to a Paul Washer sermon on the Beatitudes and he talked about how he was rebuked one time by an older man. He was told that he preached the truth, but his spirit wasn't right and that he needed to repent.

God showed me that many times when I'm talking on the forums or in person to someone that I don't wait on His Spirit to anoint my words with His oil.

Oh, may He sharpen us so that we can be as iron sharpening iron to each other!

Jordan

2007/9/25 18:15Profile

Re:

OUCH!!! :-(

2007/9/25 18:24
crusader

Australia:

Re: my spirit is leaping

This response made my spirit leap because it is exactley what i was trying to say and i will be studying it further so this is burried deep inside my innerman.

An Update to my post: while i was driving to work today the holy spirit told me to apologize to the workers because of the responses i gave them yesterday and although i struggled with how to do this in a earthly parable i did.

The responce of one worker (who was an ex-American Black preacher and is now a New ager)was of complete amazement he said to me that while he was driving to work today he recalled my responses from yesterday and he was ready to argue with me but to his amazement i apologised before he could talk to me. As a result today i had the spirit of God with in me and i saw that todays responce was the out working of fresh mana and sowed a seed in his heart.
he even said to me Brother when you start a church I'm comming to here you preach.

As far as Paul Washer Goes that brother has blessed my spirit in so many ways with his sermons. I am very cautious about opening my ears to many teachers out there due to the garbage that has been spoken but slowly and wisely i have found many sermons on this site that are precious gold that i hold in heart.

i would love to hear more on this area

2007/9/26 1:16Profile

crusader said

Quote:
while i was driving to work today the holy spirit told me to apologize to the workers because of the responses i gave them yesterday and although i struggled with how to do this in a earthly parable i did.

Thank you for sharing this. I have an apology to make but for something other than you describe. Still, much of what you've shared in this thread is relevant and [i]very[/i] encouraging. I thank you for the challenge and your honesty of expression.

2007/9/26 15:06
psalm1

crusader, Your spirit is truly refreshing. I must admit i have done that and much more.
I have on occasion not only spoken from my hard head but even when the Holy Spirit put his hand over my mouth I spoke anyway.
Then to make matters worse I feel pierced from my bullheaded disobedience to the point as if I have this "spear" sticking out of me from my own rebellion.
To make matters worse it is as if even the unsaved around my job can actually see the "spear" sticking out because of my being slow to repent.
they say "what is that spear-looking thing" that is sticking out of you?
Of course me being the mature christian i take the low road and say"I don't know what you're talking about"!
David

2007/9/26 16:06Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

yes brother i so understand what you are saying. when i spoke without the spirit of God i knew in my spirit that my words were foul and an offence and so did the Non-christians around me. When i hear the workers put down preachers and christianity it is always the false teachers and the dead works they have done that is the subject.

But after saying all this i am very aware now that i must have fresh daily mana every morning because i never know who i will be talking to through out the day and i would rather say one word annointed by the holy spirit then a thousand rotten words. If i do not have the mana then i must shut up.

have a great day in the lord brothers and sisters and continuously seek Gods Face from wake to sleep :-)

2007/9/26 18:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy