Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Fear Not

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Fear Not

Fear Not

Isaiah 41:14
Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

What a precious promise to the young Christian, or to the old Christian attacked by lowness of spirits and distress of mind!… Christian brethren, there are some … I hope many, who have solemnly devoted themselves to the cause and service of the Lord Jesus Christ: let them hear, then, the preparation which is necessary for this service set forth in the words of our text.
First, before we can do any great things for Christ there must be a sense of weakness: “Worm, Jacob.”… God will not go forth with that man who goeth forth in his own strength. There must be consciousness of weakness, before there can be any victory.…
Secondly, there must be trust in promised strength.… The Christian may remember, that little though he be, God is with him; God will help him.… for the promise says, “I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” Brother, what an all-sufficient promise that is—“I will help thee.” Why, it matters not what God has given us to do; if he helps us we can do it.…
Thirdly, there must be fear removed by that promise: “Fear not, for I will help thee.”… Thou art a worm, but do not fear; God will help thee; why shouldst thou fear? Let us labor to get rid of fear.…
O for grace to trust God, and there is no telling what ye can do.

Charles H. Spurgeon, Sermons of Rev. C.H. Spurgeon.

2007/9/25 5:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy