SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "In The Beginning Was THE WORD..."

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

"In The Beginning Was THE WORD..."

"EVERY SCRIPTURE IS GOD BREATHED and profitable for teaching, for reproof,for correction, for instruction in righteousness; so that the man of God may be perfect, fully furnished for every good work." 2 Tim 3:16 (Literal Greek)

OUR CREATOR SPOKE THE WORLDS INTO EXISTENCE: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:3.

"Who (Jesus) being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding ALL THINGS by the Word of His power..." Heb 1:3.

THE FIRST CHALLENGE TO THE WORD OF GOD was in the garden of Eden, when Satan queried, "Hath God said...?" Gen 3:1.

THE WORD = THE LAW: In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used, interchangeably, with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies."

WE ARE BORN AGAIN BY THE WORD: "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever." 1 Pe 1:23; Ja 1:18; John 15:3; Eph 5:25,26.

OBEYING HIS WORD KEEPS US FROM SIN: "Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee." Ps 119:11.

"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving your own selves." Ja 1:22.

HIS WORD GUIDES US: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Ps 119:105,67,103.

HIS WORD IS BREAD TO OUR SPIRIT: Jesus said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread, alone, but, by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Mt 4:4.

"...I have esteemed the Words of His mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12.

"Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart..." Jer 15:16.

FAITH COMES BY THE WORD: "So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Rom 10:17.

The Roman Centurion...said...but, speak the Word, only, and my servant shall be healed." Mt 8:8.
Jesus responded, "Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no,not in Israel." Mt 8:10.

HEALING AND DELIVERANCE COME BY THE WORD: "He sent His Word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions." Ps 107:20.

TRADITION RENDERS THE WORD OF GOD, USELESS: Mt 15:1-9.

THOSE WHO OBEY GOD'S WORD ARE MORE BLESSED THAN MARY: "...a certain woman...said unto Him, "Blessed is the womb that bare thee and the paps which thou hast sucked." But, He (Jesus) said, "Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the Word of God and keep it." Lu 11:27,28.

WE ARE TO TREMBLE AT HIS WORD: "...but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my Word." Isa 66:2.

JESUS QUOTED SCRIPTURE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE WITH SATAN: "It is written..." Mt 4:4,7,10.

"And take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." Eph 6:17.

"For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4:12.

WE ARE TO SEARCH THE SCRIPTURE TO VERIFY WHAT WE ARE TAUGHT: "The Bereans were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures, daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

THE DISCIPLES SPOKE THE WORD OF GOD: "...ye received the Word of God, which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God..." 1 Thess 2:13.

MEN & WOMEN ARE MARTYRED FOR THE WORD OF GOD: "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar, the souls of them that were slain for the Word of God..." Rev 6:9.

AND, MOST SIGNIFICANT OF ALL - JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD: "That which is from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled of the Word of life..." 1 John 1:1.

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, THE WORD, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one." 1 John 5:7.

"In the beginning was The Word and The Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD...and The Word became flesh and dwelt among us." John 1.

"And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD." Rev 19:13.

All praise to the expired ("breathed out") Word of the living God!

2007/9/21 22:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy