SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Movie suggest?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

Movie suggest?

Does anyone know of a good drama on VHS of the book of Revelation?

I'm looking for something like the Visual Bible. Something that's kind of word-for-word bible, or close.

Any suggestions? I'm not too into fiction, but will take suggestions. am really looking for a bible accurate one, if it's out there.

And I recommend the "Jesus" video (the one distributed for free as a ministry), I love it!

2004/5/18 1:52Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re: Movie suggest?

There's a set of the New Testament called the "WatchWord Bible" (nothing to do with the NWT, the text is from the CEV) which is a word-for-word reading (audio and text) from the Bible with a visual backdrop and some pretty nice music. It's on DVD and VHS. It's a little hard to get ahold of, though.

2004/5/18 3:29Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Movie Suggest?

Have you seen, St. John in Exile with Dean Jones?

You might consider it historical fiction. It is a monologue of John in jail on the Isle of Patmos. The writers covered a great deal of material in regards to history and the Scriptures.

The video was filmed in a church and both the audio and video quality are fine. The acting is superb!

The video is available in VHS or DVD and can be found at christainbooks.com or any other retailer.

I hope this helps.

God bless,
Matthew

Ezra 7:10

2004/5/18 10:35Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Thanks, I'll check into those. I've seen commercials for Watchword, that might be a really good bible study tool, they run about $25 per video, which is a little high for me. I saw Apocalypse recently, that had really great graphics depicting Revelation Scritpures. Anyone seen this one? I really like it, the one thing I don't like is the Wizard from Harry Potter plays St. John. Other than that, the movie is well done. (Other Christian movies also use secular actors, so watch with wisdom I suppose).

2004/5/18 14:45Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

http://christiananswers.net/catalog/godstory-vs.html

God's Story, a movie that does a good job depicting the bible, it's like a summary of Genesis through Revelation in a 80 minute still-picture movie narrated by Dean Jones.

I like this movie and it's right on the internet!!!

2004/7/29 2:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy