SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : House Church Movement Growing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Wow. Much more eloquent than I.

I think that this is a great point...

Quote:
Besides, a “revival” isn’t truly a “revival” unless it continues out of the “house of worship” and into the home and true spiritual “temples” of the believer.

Revival doesn't just take place a "church", it takes place throughout the Church, where ever that is. No one can "hold revival". You can pray for it and ask The Lord for it to happen, but who brings revival...The Lord.

Blessings to all

Miccah

2007/9/26 16:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Here is how my house church goes.
In Christ
Miccah

Your house Church? that tells me all I need to know right there. See I attend Gods Church. :-)

2007/9/26 17:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief this can still happen at any Church "if" you are led by the Spirit and not led by your Pastor.

No disrespect, but did your pastor tell you that?
In Christ

Miccah

Nope, don't need anyone to tell me that we the people "are the church" my fellow Christians at Church remind me of that all the time..

2007/9/26 17:08Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

not to get too far off track, but does anyone know of a home church in the upper indiana (suburb of chicago) area. i've tried searches and different listings and i don't know of one..

just asking. i've been curious and the Lord has opened my eyes to some things about the home church that i would've never seen a couple of years ago, but i have absolutely no idea where one is by where i live. just even to see something like it..

2007/9/26 17:12Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
Your house Church? that tells me all I need to know right there. See I attend Gods Church.

come on buddy, i think we all do.

phil

2007/9/26 17:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
As for having God in a box... God has us in His "box". We are lead by the Spirit. And He never turns His back on His elect.
In Christ

Miccah

Help me out here please and maybe it's just your terminology but who is God's elect? I thought we were all equal in his eyes, but I am all ears please elaborate.

Would his elect be the person that attends Church every Sunday mingles around in the crowd before Church as to say look at me and sits in the pew with their pen and pad jotting down notes and trying to be soo spiritual so they might float up out of the pew a little so everyone will notice them? or could God's elect be the drunk under the bridge that Loves the Lord in his or her heart but is struggling to turn his life around, who is God's elect?

2007/9/26 17:28Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Here are a few things that helped me understand the nature and calling of the local Church and ministers:

- You do not go to "church."

- You do not go to "have church."

- You, by yourself, are not the "church."

- The "church" is not confined to a building, nor is it excluded from meeting in one.

- The "church" is much larger than a person, a singular group, a building, or a mere assembly.

- We do not meet with other believers to worship. We should be worshipping even when we are alone.

- We do not meet with other believers to get "fed the Word of God." We should be "feeding" upon the Word of God even when we are alone.

- We do not meet with other believers to "submit to local authority." The pastor is not "king of the doctrinal hill." Christ is the ultimate authority, and the truth of His doctrine is found the Word.

- A "pastor" is not just a man called by God to rule over a particular building or assembly. He is not the ultimate authoritarian of doctrine for local believers. He merely "shepherds" a flock to green pastures and still waters. He does not hand pick the "good" grass from the other.

- "Teachers" help believers learn how to distinguish between the "good" grass and "bad." They do not force the diet upon all believers. They simply make them aware of how to distinguish such things for themselves.

- The traditional idea of a "church" is largely derived from the infusion of Greco-Roman pagan worship with the ideas of Roman Catholicism.

I truly believe that the Church needs to learn about all of the accepted traditions (and misinterpretations) that have gone unquestioned throughout our history. If we were fully aware of such things, perhaps the modern Church would move from being a largely "dead" bureaucratic organization to one that realizes the responsibilities God has provided us. Then, perhaps, God would be free to move in our midst. From my recollection, all of the great moves of God took place when believers were willing to throw out the incorrect traditions that are extra-Biblical, while fully understanding the traditions that are handed down from the Word of God.

:-)

2007/9/26 21:38Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

Miccah wrote:
As for having God in a box... God has us in His "box". We are lead by the Spirit. And He never turns His back on His elect.
In Christ

Miccah

Help me out here please and maybe it's just your terminology but who is God's elect? I thought we were all equal in his eyes, but I am all ears please elaborate.

Would his elect be the person that attends Church every Sunday mingles around in the crowd before Church as to say look at me and sits in the pew with their pen and pad jotting down notes and trying to be soo spiritual so they might float up out of the pew a little so everyone will notice them? or could God's elect be the drunk under the bridge that Loves the Lord in his or her heart but is struggling to turn his life around, who is God's elect?

[u][b]Colossians 3:11-13 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

[b]Character of the New Man[/b]

"12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do."

[u][b]Luke 18:7 (NKJV) [/b][/u]
"And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?"

[u][b]Matthew 24:22 (NKJV)[/b][/u]
"And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."

[u][b]2 Timothy 2:10 (NKJV)[/b][/u]
"Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory."

With love

Miccah

2007/9/26 22:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy