SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : House Church Movement Growing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Quote:
The concerns about house churches echoe the same concerns people have about homeschooling

I could not agree with you more. It does seem to scare some of the masses when parents and families take the spiritual edecation and school education into their own hands. Who better to teach your child then the person that knows them the best.

[u][b]Deuteronomy 11:18-19 (New King James Version)[/b][/u]
18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."

Quote:
Scripture shows us how to set up church government. It isnt a free for all, but it also isnt set up like most traditional churches do it... which is nothing more than a copy of corporate America.

Great point.

Quote:
In our house churches we have a "board" of elders who over see. No one man decides anything on his own concerning the direction of a house church. No pastor who controls everything.

We have teachers, evangelists, etc etc... and everyone is expected to participate.
As for a statement of faith... we have but one: The Word of God.

Amen brother.

In Christ

Miccah

2007/9/26 10:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Rahman wrote:

i often wonder if Osteen will be able to sustain The Compaq Center once the U.S. economy hits crisis, and "the people" whom he said "he depends on" at his opening speech of the place no longer have the capital they once had ... i thought that was a very telling statement when he said that, and shuddered that he didn't say he depended on our Lord for it's sustenance ...

This is why I don't come here much anymore this started out to be a good wholesome informative thread until "someone" had to call out a specific Church. Last time I looked "GOD" was still in control of "everything" and that would include all the Churches.

I will not go on here and get sucked into any movements or jump on any bandwagons but I personally see a lot of souls being saved at "Osteens" place and personally if you have never been there to really see how the Holy Spirit works
in that place through the people "which are the Church" I would not be wondering if Osteen will be able to sustain The Compaq Center once the U.S. economy hits crisis, God is not worried about any crisis at least the one I serve is not.

Just seems like some folks are not satisfied with just good old wholesome informative threads here anymore they much drag in there own drama, wonder what God would think about someone like that, and if they would ever be able to sustain as a Christian. :-(

2007/9/26 10:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm all for speaking out strongly, but there is hardly any comparison between the communist state controlled church in China and the mainline evangelical denominations in the US.

Well, atleast we had a good streak of agreement going for a while brother...

I think the american church system is actually worse then the state sponsored Chinese Church system. Would you rather have a glass of seemingly pure water put before you to drink when in reality it contains deadly poison or would you rather know up front that it contains poison...

The masses drink in deeply from the waters of modern american chrsitianity, thinking they just had a cool refreshing drink, little knowing that it is killing them.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/26 10:52

Re:

Quote:
This is why I don't come here much anymore this started out to be a good wholesome informative thread until "someone" had to call out a specific Church. Last time I looked "GOD" was still in control of "everything" and that would include all the Churches.

I agree that God is in control of Osteens "church" as stated here...

2 Thessalonians 2:
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/26 10:56

Re:

Bill... cool your jets, brother. I thought Rahman was making a valid point. The only reason you took offense is because you attend Osteen's church. I dont think Rahman meant to infer anything.

Lets play nice together.

Krispy

2007/9/26 11:59

Re:

Quote:
I think the american church system is actually worse then the state sponsored Chinese Church system. Would you rather have a glass of seemingly pure water put before you to drink when in reality it contains deadly poison or would you rather know up front that it contains poison...

Sometimes during war the airforce will do what is called "carpet bombing". Thats where they dump tons upon tons of bombs on a concentrated area... killing any living thing in the vacinity. Unfortunately there is a lot of "collateral damage", meaning innocent people are killed or injured... but war is not intended to be pretty.

Jim, thats how you approach almost every topic on this forum. You're real good at telling us what wrong with everyone else. I know plenty of real spirit filled churches in America that are seeking God and on their knees... but you would prefer to wipe them all off the map.

There's a difference between Biblical judgement/discernment... and condemnation. You, sir, condemn others. Be careful because by the same measure you dish it out, it shall be dished out to you. (thats a paraphrase of scripture)

I'm glad you're not God.

And it's because of attitudes on this forum like your's that I decided to take a hiatus from this forum... and I regret now that I did not stick to it.

Thanx for ruining a perfectly good thread with your judgemental spirit.

Back on hiatus. C'yall later.

Krispy

2007/9/26 12:05
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Bill... cool your jets, brother. I thought Rahman was making a valid point. The only reason you took offense is because you attend Osteen's church. I dont think Rahman meant to infer anything.

Lets play nice together.

Krispy

Your right maybe I did get the after burners started, but there comes a time I just get tired of hearing it. Why can't we just let alone the comments on folks place of worship, because it really hurts and sometimes like Jesus even we Christians get upset, so yes I guess I started turning over some tables here with that comment.

I just feel if we "all" would look into the mirror a little more each morning we would have less to say negative about others period, if I was out of line I am sorry.
Mr. Bill

2007/9/26 12:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
There's a difference between Biblical judgement/discernment... and condemnation. You, sir, condemn others. Be careful because by the same measure you dish it out, it shall be dished out to you. (thats a paraphrase of scripture)

Who have I condemned? False Teachers and their followers? It seems you have quite the condeming tone here too? Who are you to judge on if I am being condemning?

Blessings to you in Christ - Jim

2007/9/26 12:15
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Another great thing about house church is this. If there are disagreements, all bring it to the table. All talk, discuss and pray about it. Not everyone agrees with eachother on the "debatable topics", but everyone voices an opinion on them.

The examples of arguements below are great examples of why house church is so vital in my mind. In house church, all these issues can/will come up. As fellow believers, you are then able to talk about them and get a "face to face" with other believers. You can then talk, debate and really get to know each other. Diving in head first to problems and differences we have.

As a body of believers, it is hard to be on an intimate level with other believers on a grand scale. I am not saying that it cannot be done, but it is harder. If we can get together is small groups, it makes it a lot easier to understand where others are coming from.

Miccah

2007/9/26 12:31Profile

Re:

Jim, I have my doubts as to whether or not you're ever gonna get it. So just nevermind. Keep driving people away... then you can have the forum all to yourself.

I can hear the crickets now.

Maybe I'll come back sometime in the future. Right now I have better things to do than watch this forum go the way it's going.

Krispy

2007/9/26 12:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy